Danbury

here is the rough setlist...might be missing a few

set 1- china cat>i know you rider, hell in a bucket, ramble on rose, memphis blues, mr charlie,loose lucy, black throated wind, pride of cucamonga, deal

set 2- hard to handle, gloria, women are smarter, dear prudence, drums, space, standing on the moon, corrina, the mighty quinn

Encore- Midnight Hour>St. Stephen>Touch of Grey

all in all danbury was the best dso show I have ever been to. Been asking for a standing on the moon since the first show i was at (some 40 dso shows) and finally i got one. it was clearly the highlight. i was in shock throughout. pride of cucamonga and dear prudence were also amazing. the tuxedo junction security was loose which made it a puffatorium and all the more enjoyable. im in awe. the level of playing at danbury was unbelievable. looked like the band was having a really good time with it. ill never forget the standing on the moon. on a side note, rob eaton for senate!

i would agree - one of the best dso shows that i have seen...the band was very animated and john was doing all kinds of knee bends, growling, etc...so nice to get the loose lucy, bt wind back to back...the prudence fyi ws after the gloria and before the women r...and i LOVE corrina

very surprised by how nice the venue was, and a very mellow in/out, etc...

i did think that bucket and memphis blues were played too fast...they were really motoring through them

• Advisory Board

WOW, all these "best show I've ever seen" threads really make me want to hear this show.... wondering how it compairs to the 5-19-07 Baltimore show...

Anyone see any tapers?

WOW, all these "best show I've ever seen" threads really make me want to hear this show.... wondering how it compairs to the 5-19-07 Baltimore show...

Anyone see any tapers?

Hey Herdy! We were at the show last night and I do have to say it was phenomenal, however Baltimore is #1 in my mind... but I also have a bias towards the Ramshead because of the balcony and wonderful memories of being with the whole gang:) Definitely an excellent one though and hopefully someone taped it!

Lisa

Anyone see any tapers?

I looked around but didn't see any. :(

I must admit...I was feeling a bit under par that evening...but that didn't last for long. Great venue - DSO was right ON and it was one of the sexiest shows. Thanks Rob - for BTW!!

It must have been one king hell of a show if it was better than Ramshead.

And there is the Vic before the Ledges! Anybody in? B)

Ya I'm going to take this opportunity for another gratuitous BIGUP to RamsHead 5/19. I'd love to write a big, long, entertaining review of the whole weekend but I don't have the time. I will say it was the first time I've seen DSO and felt that I was truly in the presence of greatness; that is, on numerous occasions I've thought that they, and/or the music they played, were great, but never before that Saturday Baltimore show did I feel DSO so completely and utterly transcend the bounds that others, including some major fans, believe they are restrained by. It was completely their own and I doubt that any band - ever - could have done a better job with that setlist on that night.

• Forum MVP
Ya I'm going to take this opportunity for another gratuitous BIGUP to RamsHead 5/19. I'd love to write a big, long, entertaining review of the whole weekend but I don't have the time. I will say it was the first time I've seen DSO and felt that I was truly in the presence of greatness; that is, on numerous occasions I've thought that they, and/or the music they played, were great, but never before that Saturday Baltimore show did I feel DSO so completely and utterly transcend the bounds that others, including some major fans, believe they are restrained by. It was completely their own and I doubt that any band - ever - could have done a better job with that setlist on that night.

Amen! I love when that happens :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Wow, you nailed it...After leaving danbury, i had this feeling that I had just witnessed greatness and what made it sweeter, was that it was gd music, but dso put their own spin on it, and as mentioned, owned it. It just keeps getting better....

weird for me to hear all this about baltimore 5/19 as one of the best dso shows of all time. i was at the first night of baltimore but me and my friend were so freaked out by downtown baltimore that we decided against staying for night 2. glad I atleast was able to go to danbury show. if anyone figures out how to get a copy of that show to download that would be great.

Archived