Cape Cod, 6/9/07

TJed

Setlist:

1/15/78

Filler: Brokedown Palace

Great show, great venue. Plenty of room to dance, mellow security, rotating, theater-in-the-round stage,

Wonderful way to end the East coast tour.

Safe travels, warm wishes to the best band in the land.

Come back soon!

Peace thru music...

01/15/78 (Sun) Selland Arena - Fresno, CA

Set 1: Bertha > Good Lovin', Dire Wolf, Mexicali Blues > Big River, It Must Have Been The Roses, Passenger, Brown Eyed Women, Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Samson & Delilah, Friend Of The Devil, Sunrise, Terrapin Station > Playing In The Band > Wharf Rat > Sugar Magnolia

Great show! The whole show was a dance festival! Passanger, Music and Sugar Mags was just pure smoke from JK.Even Roses nearly brought the house down. Great Crowd! They gave DSO deafening applause for about 3-4 minutes straight before the encore. Lots of good vibes felt by crowd and the Band.I hope they play this venue again and start earlier. They must've had an early curfew, because at 10;30 PM SHARP they ended. Agood time had by all!

• Forum MVP
01/15/78 (Sun) Selland Arena - Fresno, CA

Set 1: Bertha > Good Lovin', Dire Wolf, Mexicali Blues > Big River, It Must Have Been The Roses, Passenger, Brown Eyed Women, Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Samson & Delilah, Friend Of The Devil, Sunrise, Terrapin Station > Playing In The Band > Wharf Rat > Sugar Magnolia

Great show! The whole show was a dance festival! Passanger, Music and Sugar Mags was just pure smoke from JK.Even Roses nearly brought the house down. Great Crowd! They gave DSO deafening applause for about 3-4 minutes straight before the encore. Lots of good vibes felt by crowd and the Band.I hope they play this venue again and start earlier. They must've had an early curfew, because at 10;30 PM SHARP they ended. Agood time had by all!

Nice review, thanks!!!

• Forum MVP

completely agree with TJed and uncle john! awesome place to see a show..very lax security.. cool parking lot scene before the show.. band was havin fun as was everyone inside the tent! great setlist just too bad the curfew was 10:30 pm .. great way to end this tour! thank you dso. nice to meet chuckvegas and blythe too. :dsorocks::icon14::cheers:

Guest Lady With A Fan
completely agree with TJed and uncle john! awesome place to see a show..very lax security.. cool parking lot scene before the show.. band was havin fun as was everyone inside the tent! great setlist just too bad the curfew was 10:30 pm .. great way to end this tour! thank you dso. nice to meet chuckvegas and blythe too. :dsorocks::icon14::cheers:

Helpslip,

Just curious if that was you that Brad & I were hanging out with prior to the show??? Did you have a wife & son with you? and gave us a tasty beverage?

~ April

• Advisory Board
Amazing venue, especially dancin down in front!

agreed, that was nice. unfortunately the firemarshall didn't seem to like any of us much. i *tried* to stay out of the aisle, i did, but rows are confining. and just look at the end of that setlist... i am not responsible for my actions when it comes to securing ample dancing space. especially when wharf rat and terrapin are involved... come on...

Rotisseried Dead!

Maybe the best venue on the tour. Great parking facility; easy to get to; security was firm but fair; cool concession stands; very well ventillated; and, last but not least, rotating stage allowed both the band and audience different perspectives. Outstanding show selection that was very well done.

Show seemed short and a little rushed up front. Maybe to fit a curfew? Nevertheless great finish to a great start at Ithaca! :dsorocks:

PS Loved Eaton's remarks about how this was the first time DSO "actually" had a stage move and how this was a test run for the cruise in January to determine who might suffer from sea sickness!

Keep on truckin!

Guest Lady With A Fan

We really hope they come back next year..the Melody Tent seemed like the perfect venue for DSO. As a 1st timer, I really appreciated the fact that DSO could deliver a 70s show so amazingly well. My 1st GD show was in 85, so I missed that whole era...I now have a new appreciation for it...and want more! :-) If $ were no object Brad & I would be making plans for the cruise...what a time that'll be!

The entire show was an out of body experience.... a transport through time... especially during Passenger, Sunrise & Terrapin... my goodness I was trippin' without the acid :-) Brad was happy that members of the band were accessable, friendly, and signed autographs for him. We were excited that the whole scene was so positive... it was like a GD show minus the drunken frat boys who just wanted to raise hell & didn't care about the music (part of the East Coast 80s -95 scene). Thanks to Vince & family for the refreshing beverage and friendly vibes. I can't wait to see DSO again! I'm happily hooked...line & sinker :-)

~ April :cheers:

• Forum MVP
We really hope they come back next year..the Melody Tent seemed like the perfect venue for DSO. As a 1st timer, I really appreciated the fact that DSO could deliver a 70s show so amazingly well. My 1st GD show was in 85, so I missed that whole era...I now have a new appreciation for it...and want more! :-) If $ were no object Brad & I would be making plans for the cruise...what a time that'll be!

The entire show was an out of body experience.... a transport through time... especially during Passenger, Sunrise & Terrapin... my goodness I was trippin' without the acid :-) Brad was happy that members of the band were accessable, friendly, and signed autographs for him. We were excited that the whole scene was so positive... it was like a GD show minus the drunken frat boys who just wanted to raise hell & didn't care about the music (part of the East Coast 80s -95 scene). Thanks to Vince & family for the refreshing beverage and friendly vibes. I can't wait to see DSO again! I'm happily hooked...line & sinker :-)

~ April :cheers:

Those drunk fratboys rear their ugly heads every once in awhile just to let you know they are still out there....

Guest Rob Eaton

The venue loved us and are already talking about coming back next year during the summer. Loved the venue and the people....

Peace

• Forum MVP

A little tidbit on that show...

DSO also played 1-15-78 on 7-24-2001 in Ventura, Calif...

I was at that DSO show as I did that west coast run driving the Teacher Civic out west for it...

They did a nice "New Speedway Boogie" as a filler that night(not many of those around)... i have a copy of the show...

It was DSO show #520

• Forum MVP
The venue loved us and are already talking about coming back next year during the summer. Loved the venue and the people....

Peace

Best news I've had in a while! The venue was awesome, with good dancing room if you can get up front (rare for me, but it worked!) or don't mind a 20 degree slope. It would be fun to speed the stage up to about 33 1/3 rpm next time... <_< . Crowd was one of the best this tour, and the Sheraton literally across the street made for grate ease of commuting to and from the show. This show was a seriously good way to cap off an awesome tour.

Thanks to everyone I met along the way, friends old and new. :herdy::grouphug:

Safe travels and shanti, y'all -- chuck

Thanks Rob! I'm glad that they're thinking of you guys coming back next summer. In addition to my previous review I forgot to mention the play of one Rob Baracco. This guy absolutely smoked Big River. Not only Big River, but the whole shebang of Dire wolf>mexicali> big River was just phenomenal!!! Rob This one's for you!!! Again Just a great time for Fans and Band!!! Peace!!!

• Forum MVP
Thanks Rob! I'm glad that they're thinking of you guys coming back next summer. In addition to my previous review I forgot to mention the play of one Rob Baracco. This guy absolutely smoked Big River. Not only Big River, but the whole shebang of Dire wolf>mexicali> big River was just phenomenal!!! Rob This one's for you!!! Again Just a great time for Fans and Band!!! Peace!!!

Thanks for the kind words!!!! RB

• Forum MVP
OH MY BARRACO is on the board !!! ...

Only time will tell when we get a post from LISA and/or KEVIN....

I am not going to hold my breath for that to happen...but MIRACLES do happen !!!!

and away we go >>>>>>>>>>

That's would be very cool...are kevin and lisa the only two the don't check in on semi-regular basis?

Archived