Buffalo, 7/9/07

Fritz

Well after a day off after the ledges, drove back up to my home town of Buffalo.....low and behold DSO decided to follow me and play in my favorite venue in the city. Wasn't quite sure what to expect after G-fest being so damn good and all, but I quickly snapped out of that thought process, asking myself "When has DSO ever NOT rocked?". To the members in the band....thank you thank you thank you.....for keeping the music alive the way you do...and for keeping one shit eating grin on this old hippies face for weeks after seeing you folks perform. Should be there for months considering the Ledges and Buffalo last night. Anyways..........

5-17-74 PNE Coliseum, Vancouover British Columbia, Canada

SET 1:

Promised, Deal, Race is On, Ramble On Rose, Jack Straw, Dire Wolf, BIODTL, Loose Lucy, Big River, Roses, Mexicali, Row Jimmy, Playin'

SET2:

US Blues, Me and My Uncle, Ship of Fools, Money Money, China>Rider, Greatest Story, Sugaree, Truckin>jam>Nobodys Fault But Mine>Eyes>China Doll>Sugar Mags

Filler:

Let me Sing Your Blues Away

The band was fantastic all night long, really seeming to enjoy themselves up there(they always seem to). Crowd was great for a Monday night...if the house wasnt sold out by showtime....was certainly very close. Hard to pick any highlights to be honest, really thought the whole thing just absolutely scorcheddddddddd. Off the top of my head(which after the past week, not much left up there mind you)Promised land a rolicking opener.......Rob had a great rendition of Race is On.....Jack Straw, well, was Jack Straw, absolutely tore the roof off the place and Playin to end the set was veryyyyyyy tripppyyyy. The second set was IMO an absolute masterpiece....start to finish nuff said. Johns vocals for Ship iof Fools sent chills up my spine, the Truckin through Sugar Mags couldnt have been better played....DSO continues to put on fine shows over and over...not afraid to take chances....trying new approaches to songs/jams it seems everytime I see them. Love it love it love it.....it is after all supposed to be what its all about right? Hope to see you all soon

:dsorocks:

Archived