Bottle & Cork

Mango

• Forum MVP

10-28-77 Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall, Kansas City, Ks. (Fri)

1: Promised, TLEO, Cassidy, Tennessee Jed, Mexicali> Big River, B. E. Women, Lazy Lightning> Supplication, Deal

2: Samson, Candyman, Sunrise, Passenger, He's Gone> Drums> NFA> Stella Blue> GDTRFB> Around E: Casey Jones

filler: The Music Never Stopped>Brothers and Sisters

another great show. next stop, asbury park.

Nice, well performed 70's set list, and the temperature was much cooler than in past years at the B&C. The crowd, however, was another story. Prior to the start of the show, Bix pointed out that the crowd seemed very yuppie and was not the type of crowd you'd typically find at a DSO show. Sad but true. It seems that all these people wanted to do was socialize. The music was secondary to their experience. Now I've been in crowds before where there were a lot of talkers, but this was rediculous. Everyone was trying to carry on a conversation over the music to the point where at the back of the venue you could barely hear the music over the talking. Yap yap yap yap yap! Please people, if you are going to see a DSO concert (or any concert for that matter) show some courtesy to others who may actually be there to enjoy the music. Either save your talking for the set break or take it outside. I'll climb down from my soap box now. See you in Mannheim tomorrow night. Peace.

• Forum MVP

Maybe its just my age creeping up on me but,I prefer to see DSO in theatre settings.I'm sure if as many people from the board went to the B+C like the Starland show you would hear pretty much the same thing.The Starland got bashed pretty hard here.The capacity at The Starland is just over 2000 and DSO always sells alot of tix there.I don't think The Starland is going to be put out of rotation anytime soon.

Be that as it may, some people go for the music, some go for the party.Bix,I'm sure 2 decades ago when you were in your 20's you weren't there specifically for the music.I know the first thing I did was to make sure I secured my blotter.Let the youngsters party Bix...you old fuck!See ya at the Pony brother.Peace.

Guest crazy digits

i like the party but music was always my intention..if it wasn't for the music, i would not go.

by the way, i like theatres as well and i am old..really old

The B&C is the only place in lower Delaware to catch a good show like this! So complaining about a show there is pretty dumb, at least there was a show and we got to see it:)

I was front row jammin out, from my view the show was spectacular, Espeacialy my show pal Laura, wow was she amazing!!!! I do have to say thanks to her for making the show totally enjoyable for me.

I had a chance to meet Rob and Rob from the band during intermission. I must say these guys are very cool dudes. For the sucess and as great as they are, they are really down to earth real, and friendly.

So from the great Dover, De thanks to Rob&Rob for your time and hangin, and to Laura you are beautiful and good luck in Jackson Hole, and that south france wedding! :wub:

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP
Nice, well performed 70's set list, and the temperature was much cooler than in past years at the B&C. The crowd, however, was another story. Prior to the start of the show, Bix pointed out that the crowd seemed very yuppie and was not the type of crowd you'd typically find at a DSO show. Sad but true. It seems that all these people wanted to do was socialize. The music was secondary to their experience. Now I've been in crowds before where there were a lot of talkers, but this was rediculous. Everyone was trying to carry on a conversation over the music to the point where at the back of the venue you could barely hear the music over the talking. Yap yap yap yap yap! Please people, if you are going to see a DSO concert (or any concert for that matter) show some courtesy to others who may actually be there to enjoy the music. Either save your talking for the set break or take it outside. I'll climb down from my soap box now. See you in Mannheim tomorrow night. Peace.

Please tell me there was not talking during Stella :angry:

Guest crazy digits

there would have been talking at a funeral in that place. Zero respect for listeners. Delaware folks tend to drink more than they should. So, yes, Stella had plenty of talking going on.

• Forum MVP
Please tell me there was not talking during Stella :angry:

Talking during Stella? Oh no, brother, "talking" is too mild a word. How about full-tilt conversations on cell phones, f'ing high school 5th reunions, "dude, wassup...and OMG then she said that, and I was like all OK whatever, and then OMG she was all...and I could not believe she wore that...and he is seeing her after she hit it with him" ad nauseum ad infinitum.

It was one of the worst talking scenes I have endured in a while, and Stella particularly gave the chatterers an opportunity to catch up on the events of the day/week/month/year. But strangely enough I actually liked the venue as such. I think part of our problem was that it was such a shock to the system after the bliss of the Ledges...onward to three shows starting tonight!

Shanti...chuck

No disrespect but ya got ya some Chatty Kathy's out there on the East Coast...........

We are real quiet here in the Midwest......How about a gig in St. Louis.......It's adjacent to the Mississippi River..got a big Arch.....You can here a pin drop...Two Drummers and the lighting guy, former Road Manager have spent time here... Our Cardinals won the World Series....I wonder if Met Fan Rob still has issues with that Hook Adam Wainright through to Beltran..to put the dagger in the heart of New York Met fans everywhere.....Just Teasin...........

Shows Played and Scheduled 2007

Ohio - 12

Jersey - 6

Carolinas - 6

Colorado - Don't get me started..

Missouri - 1

Nothing personal as this frustrated Starhead's Girlfriend won't let him out on the Road.............I need and intervention...LOL............

Yeah..perhaps the only time I've ever felt sorry for a Met fan a heartbreaker...after I thougt you guys had won the game when Scott Rolen was robbed by what arguably was the greatest catch in NLCS History...

A great game and a great curve ball...although I'm starting to get a complex...as Eaton missed the January show here and you have never graced us with your presence at DSO St. Louis show.....

As for the Girlfriend.........It's Cheaper to Keep Her....and I kind of like her..alot..she likes DSO...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a show in STL..

Peace, Muddy..

Guest captain420
More Ozark Shows

DSO at ZOE

Serendipity Now!!!!!!!

:lol:

Serendipity Now, Serendipity Now!

October is a great time for the midwest, eh? :icon14:

Archived