Great Green America Festival

Herdygerdy

• Advisory Board

Ok folks, another for the books!! What a GREAT show tonight, the venue was definatly intresting... picture a fishbowl arena with bench seating, some room to dance, with a big pirate ship on the left (with real live pirates no less), and little shops lining the upper hill... security kinda sucked, but over all, wonderful place.. I'd definatly go back.

Onto the show....

Wow... Great time! Played 10-30-77 with a SICK filler... The second set Peggy-O was incredible, haven't gotten one of those in over a year, and to top it off, first filler was We Can Run... been waiting for that one folks, and I called it.... Everyone had a blast, I just got home, and need to hit the hay before the mornings commute to New Fucking Jersey.... ugh...

Special thanks to Pearl for getting everyone there safe and sound after Tour De West Virginia....

See ya soon!

10-30-77 Assembly Hall, Indiana U., Bloomington, In.

1: Minglewood, TLEO, Mama Tried> Me & My Uncle, Tennessee Jed, Passenger, Candyman, Lazy Lightning> Supplication, Deal

2: Samson, Peggy-O, Playin> Other One> Drums> Wheel> Wharf Rat> Playin E: Johnny B. Goode

Filler: We Can Run, Pride of Cucamonga, Terrapin, Midnight Hour

• Forum MVP

Sick show indeed, grate venue but for the Big Police (very visible)...one of the few times I have been front row with dancin' room. Ummm, Blythe, Kyle and Lauren - you all chose poorly.

Now, as for getting Herdy's ass up tomorrow - leftover fireworks from the Ledges, bucket of ice water, and a foghorn might do the trick. Maybe. :moon:

Guest crazy digits

bar none, the strangest of places if you look at it right...steven and i were 76 miles away about 6 pm or so with hard start time of 7pm...steven's car is fast...managed to miss minglewood opener and thats it.....place was out of a story book with a lot of security, packing....they could have left their guns at home for this crowd.....definitely no shananagins there or you goin' down town to eat donuts with the boys in blue......ran into a buddy of mine mark who has a shop at the place, a really cool shop that specializes in leather stuff...he used to be a grate friend years back when he played in a local band....the show was a good one.....77' show, had already played two consecutive nights the two night's before...so, this was the third night , having re created 3 GD shows in a row...the highlight for me was Peggio...had been a while for me. the candyman was a treat as always, never enough candymans to go around..the filler was like a 3rd set with terrapin, which i had wanted to hear in the best of ways..,...thanks steven for driving and the band for your gratefulness and the rest of you, you know who you are....oh yeah, cool pants JK and Lisa, very pretty dress...love you all. peace....see you soon.

Guest Alisandra

Cats out under the stars!!!

I love an outdoor show. And it was a great one! The weather was perfect. The band was really "on".

The venue was cool. I liked the pirate ship, and the glass-blowing demonstration was pretty cool. There was plenty of space if you wanted to wander or check out different vantage points. Plenty of room to dance. Abundant sources of substenance (food and drink).

For the first time in my life -- there was a line for the men's room, while the women just waltzed right in! We ladies got a real kick out of that. LOL!

The food sucked, but the beer was delicious ("Swashbuckler's Gold"). I don't even like beer, but that s-t went down pretty easy! :cheers:

Security was a strong presence, but eased up after dark, which was also when most of the children had gone home.

Thanks for the set list! I was just trying to write one from memory.

Guess I'm heading to the Strand in November.....

:dsorocks:

Guest jamesr

What a fun trip! Met up with Kira and new-knee Peter; only missed the first couple of songs from Trenton, NJ after work. A straight shot down the PA Turnpike and easy to find. Sort of a mini Busch Gardens. Plenty of room at band-level in front of the little stage except for the FORBIDDEN AREA (the last three feet in front of the little gardens in front of the stage, said security). Shade-O-Grey was severely reprimanded for attempting to twirl a blinking light. OH MY GOD he could have taken out my eye.

Otherwise, a perfect venue, fresh air, beautiful night, nice crowd!

I'm never satisfied with the sound, so I'll have to say that the Bass wasn't loud enough and neither was Johnj, and not so 3-D. Not a killer show for me, lots of drawn-out jams without a ton of intensity and not my favorite song selection, but so what. There was still something very 'in-the-moment' about this band. And they're not ready to burn out anytime soon...... Good idea. New times call for new strategies.

Great seeing all our friends again. I kept saying; 'well, won't see another show till the State Theatre'. ... Hey, that's in a few weeks. Woo Hoo!

I have a feeling that Asbury Park will be something special. Dang.

Wang.

;)

Guest Belvadier

this was my second DSO show (first one was last year's chameleon show) and this one was just PERFECT. weather was wonderful, people were nice, venue was pretty unique and the band played really clean but just loose enough to have spontanaity. Filler was great, Terrapin made my night! hope to find a copy of this show somewhere soon and some more shows in/around lancaster!

Great Venue, got there early and walked in to check out the stage during soundcheck when we tried to leave gates were closed and were locked in. The cops were mindless, no one stoped us and after a 40 min tour we found our way out.

Great show plenty of dance space. I saw security but they seemed harmless, then again I didn't have anything in my pockets to worry about either- never do.

Jamesr, thanks for the poster, very cool!

Archived