Springfield

bs69

• Forum MVP

Another great night seeing the band! The weather held out and the scene was very kid friendly (lots of kids including my 4 year old). The show was 4-6-87 Philadelphia (again). I got there in the middle of Franklin's>

Set 1

Dancin', Franklin's, Rooster, Peggy-O, Me & my uncle>Mexicali, Push comes to shove, Jack straw>Deal

Set 2

Stranger>Cumberland, Tons of Steel, Saint>Drumz>Space>Terrapin>Other one (second verse first)>Stella, Sugar Magnolia

E. Black Muddy River

Filler: Greatest Story

Highlights for me were in the second set with the Saint through Stella with a very trippy Other one ( of course they break this out while I'm sobber with my kid!) Beautiful show on a beautiful night :dsorocks:

Yet another supurb evening w/ DSO. The venue was beautiful & the sound near perfect. It was my buddy Dave's first show & his jaw dropped. The setlist included some of my not so favorite tunes, but they rocked them out. It's a darn shame taping wasn't allowed. The GSET philler was a nice bonus, but they still left us wanting more. Bravo DSO!!!

Don

WV

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP
Another great night seeing the band! The weather held out and the scene was very kid friendly (lots of kids including my 4 year old). The show was 4-6-87 Philadelphia (again). I got there in the middle of Franklin's>

Set 1

Dancin', Franklin's, Rooster, Peggy-O, Me & my uncle>Mexicali, Push comes to shove, Jack straw>Deal

Set 2

Stranger>Cumberland, Tons of Steel, Saint>Drumz>Space>Terrapin>Other one (second verse first)>Stella, Sugar Magnolia

E. Black Muddy River

Filler: Greatest Story

Highlights for me were in the second set with the Saint through Stella with a very trippy Other one ( of course they break this out while I'm sobber with my kid!) Beautiful show on a beautiful night :dsorocks:

Deadbase says the show was E. Rutherford N.J., but I could swear John said Philly. Maybe the Philly thing is an inside joke after the Ledges :unsure:

Guest Rob Eaton

I make up the tour book with shows and I could have typed it in wrong.... Don't blame John blame me (everyone else doeas) :)

• Forum MVP
I make up the tour book with shows and I could have typed it in wrong.... Don't blame John blame me (everyone else doeas) :)

HA!

I knew everything was your fault!

:)

Thanks for fessin' up! See you at Annie's Saturday.

Hi, All! Brand-new to the Forums but have been with DSo for awhile! I attended the Springfield show last night and, as usual, the music was GREAT! Thanks to DSO for keeping the music alive!!!

I DID come away with a question/concern. This was the first show I've attended where items (they're called glowsticks, I guess) were being thrown. Naturally, I've seen any number of beach balls bouncing through the crowds, but I was concerned about these things apparently being thrown AT folks! I judge that from the SPEED at which they were thrown. Even worse, they apparently were reaching the stage!!! I thought the band probably could/should have said something earlier than they did. Prior to the encore, one of the guys asked the crowd to be careful with them due to the expensive equipment, etc.

SO here are my questions! Is it becoming common practice to throw these things at shows? I found it distracting at the least and downright dangerous at the worst. Also, did anyone else have a thought on this or am I the only one bothered by it?!?

Again, LOVED the show but, sadly, not this particular behavior!!!

Guest captain420

It has been common practice for awhile now, glowsticks are an integral part of the jamband society now..and they tend to show up everywhere....it is really strange you haven't seen them before at shows...

It has been common practice for awhile now, glowsticks are an integral part of the jamband society now..and they tend to show up everywhere....it is really strange you haven't seen them before at shows...

I've SEEN them for a long time!!! Just haven't seen them become airborne projectiles...

• Forum MVP

I was back a ways seeing as how I had my little one with me, but I didn't see to many glowsticks flying. there were some to be sure, but nothing like The Ledges or some other places I have been. Leave the glowsticks alone when you come to Cincy Saturday eh Jay? :cheers:

• Forum MVP
Was that version of The Other One the best they've ever played? I can't imagine it getting any more intense!

Don

WV

:dsorocks:

That was sick! I am correct in saying he sang the second verse first aren't I? Sometimes I am better at recognizing these things when I am not quite so sober :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP
SO here are my questions! Is it becoming common practice to throw these things at shows? I found it distracting at the least and downright dangerous at the worst. Also, did anyone else have a thought on this or am I the only one bothered by it?!?
another step backward from that sideshow known as Phish....

Common practice? sadly yes.

Bothered by it? yup.

...and... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Hood

I was back a ways seeing as how I had my little one with me, but I didn't see to many glowsticks flying. there were some to be sure, but nothing like The Ledges or some other places I have been. Leave the glowsticks alone when you come to Cincy Saturday eh Jay? :cheers:

You can be 100% SURE of that!

WELL, glad to know I'm not alone!!! Does anyone know why/how this started and WTF the POINT is?!?!?

OOOOOPS! Apologies for the dumb question...I just checked out the Wiki link. SO...we have Phish to blame for this crap, eh?!?!?!?!?

That was sick! I am correct in saying he sang the second verse first aren't I? Sometimes I am better at recognizing these things when I am not quite so sober :dsorocks:

I had the same thought re. the verses. I was all set in my head to sing the first one and got something else instead. Viva variety!!!

• Forum MVP
OOOOOPS! Apologies for the dumb question...I just checked out the Wiki link. SO...we have Phish to blame for this crap, eh?!?!?!?!?

Here's another fun thing to do with glow sticks, but don't try it at home!

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?typ...ideo=glowsticks

;)

Guest captain420

It looks as though I'm in the minority...but....

I really don't mind the glowsticks...you can find me throwing them in the air at certain shows (usually the ledges) during peak points of a song/show..THEY ARE FUN!!!!!!!..they look sweet traveling through the air, and even sweeter in photographs that come out right!

?

Archived