On The Throwing Of Glowsticks

Guest NASA

• Advisory Board
DOCTOR BARRY!!!!!!!

Where have you been Dude?

:)

A long story...but I am here, back, fine and thank you for even noticing I was gone!

Can't wait to see and hang at a show! Anything coming up??

Dr. B B)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I met Jorma back in 95 or 96 at a small local bar. Hell of a nice guy! We hung out swapped some kick ass stories if I remember right he was heading to Michigan after the show and I hooked him up with a few purple footballs. He said it had been years since he took any and was looking forward to a nice sleep on the bus for the long drive. I sure do miss the good old days but I'm still glad there gone... ;P

ht-front.jpg

It was frisbees and people got hurt.

sometimes bottles people got hurt

Nobody got hurt from the marshmallows,

people complained because of the stickyness

tortillas are fun,

too bad it invades peoples space

beach balls are dangerous and distracting

once at an otherones robert hunter show a girl dancing with her boyfriend in front of me stuck her ass in my crotch and started grinding me while makeing out with her boyfriend.(talk about invading space)

I sort of enjoy all these things

I don't think any of them should be on stage.

when i go to a show where people drink i expect things to be thrown because thats what people do when theyre drunk or on drugs

none of these things even come close to bothering me as much as tobacco

i got a good spot on the rail and can't get this poison out of my face

I expect it though

and hey (we got a 138 here)

i completely agree w/ cam on this

i am SICK TO DEATH of the glowstciks flyin and smackin me during the shows...not to mention my recording equipment.

this also includes the beach balls and the like. if you want to throw shit at each other....do it outside or away from the general crowd of listeners if at an outdoor show. it is distracting, annoying and dangerous.

plus, it is DAMN hard enough to record shows w/ drunk/stoned/spun-out people spilling/stepping/climbing/sitting on my equipment all the time w/out having to also deal w/ flying audience projectiles. it has seriously made me consider packing it all in and saying screw the taping hassle at times.

also, i dance w/ my eyes closed in my personal space w/out disturbing or slamming into anyone all the time. this year at the ledges i got hit in the eye w/ one of those heavy duty glow sticks...thankfully they were closed and it just got a scratch on the lid. this was the 4th. the rest of the weekend if ANYTHING flying thru the air came into my "space" it was kept and thrown away later. beack balls were slashed w/ a knife, rendering the uninflatable and kept as souviners.

like was said...glow out...stick 'em up yer ass for all i care. but, stop throwing shit at ALL concerts. MOST bands stop the show...ever hear FZ or les claypool when shit hits the stage...total FREAKOUT....just sayin'

/rant off

have a grateful night all

• Advisory Board
once at an otherones robert hunter show a girl dancing with her boyfriend in front of me stuck her ass in my crotch and started grinding me while makeing out with her boyfriend.(talk about invading space)

God bless her....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the eleven

I quite agree on glow sticks being a danger and I would certainly do all I could to stop someone from throwing one. However I must add that at the last State show Rob K threw his drumstick out at the crowd at the end of the show and nailed this guy, nobody hurt mind you but not impossible.

Steve you got to do something to make those ugly ass shoes look decent. My feet look better than crocs and you know how tore up my feet are.

Brian

Steve, you are an innovative creative croc improving mastermind.

Brian, remind me not to look at your naked feet. :rofl:

• 8 months later...

Archived