Detroit Lions football

ripplinrain

• Forum MVP

I don't root for them but Jon Kitna is my sleeper QB in fantasy football.I hope I can get him fairly late,throwing to those recievers in Martz's offense, I think he could throw for 35 TD'S.The Lions could possibly suprise alot of people this year.

• Forum MVP
I don't root for them but Jon Kitna is my sleeper QB in fantasy football.I hope I can get him fairly late,throwing to those recievers in Martz's offense, I think he could throw for 35 TD'S.The Lions could possibly suprise alot of people this year.

Two words: Eric Mangini!!!!

man... I hear that every year. them and the Cardinals.

I'll believe it when I see it.

until then, it's all Bears baby. all the time

• Forum MVP
Steve.....How could you be a Yankee fan and root for the Jets?Although the Jets prospects look better than the Giants this year.Thomas Jones will help immensly and their D is solid.

It's a long story but when I arrived off the boat from Ireland, I took a liking to the green and white uniforms and a quarterback named Ken O'Brien. Since then, I have been stuck in football hell.... but those Yanks are playing good ball. (Gotta love tampa bay, KC)

• Forum MVP
I was just wondering if anyone else out there roots for the Lions.I know outside of detroit they are few and far between,especially here in ny.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Man do I feel sorry for you!

OMG!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My office is five blocks from Ford Field. The only thing I ever saw there worth talking about were the Rolling Stones. Mick Jagger could run the team better than Millen!!!

40 Years of sadness....in the D.

Yea I see all those laughing icons.When they were 0-12 I literally had people offering me sympathy drinks,they couldn't believe I still showed up every week to watch them.Matt Millen should be run out of town by a band of real lions chasing him for dinner.They have talent just can't pull it together.I guess in some ways they are a metaphor of my life.No matter how hard they try never seem to accomplish much.It is also just one of those things since very little.Nobody compares to the years of Barry Sanders.Ever watch his ankles they aren't supposed to do what he did.Considering he was a true gentleman the way he left was lousy.Hopefully I will be laughing when they go to the superbowl all the way to the bank.Just a silly dream.

• Forum MVP

Sorry, I'm a die-hard, season-ticket holding Bear fan. There is little that is more sublime than sticking with your hometown team through thick and thin, even if it means long years wandering the desert, particularly when it's with one of the old, traditional NFL teams. Even though the Bears have 9 NFL championships, it took them over 80 years to get them. We know God-awful teams...God-awful decades...when we see them. Never surrender! Never quit!

Here's to the NFC Norris Division and the glorious fans in Minneapolis, Green Bay and Detroit who hate the Bears as much as we hate them!

Oops, I forgot that love is the order of the day around here, and it's high time for that. We just "love" you guys.

• 3 months later...

I love my Pack. There is nothing more that needs to be said.

I'll agree with Arm though. It is nice to see some competitiveness coming out of the NFC Norris and, while I hate the Bears, Viqueens, and Lions with every fiber of my being, I also respect them and fear every game we play against them.

....When they were 0-12 I literally had people offering me sympathy drinks,they couldn't believe I still showed up every week to watch them.Matt Millen should be run out of town by a band of real lions chasing him for dinner.They have talent just can't pull it together.I guess in some ways they are a metaphor of my life....

i was gonna buy you a drink after reading that, but...

hey take that bag off your head! I think the Lions (6-2) are for real! Now all you gotta do is watch out for these guys:

2354194h7m9aotg2.jpg

/Peterson carried for 296 yards. No big deal.

Guest buquebus

I too am a die-hard Lions fan and will stick them through thick and thin. no matter how bad they have been in the past, it is good to see them in the playoff hunt this season. they have already beat the bears twice this year, and the vikings once. big game on turkey day with the pack, not to mention the final game of the season, which could decide the division.

But yeah, I live in NY (pburgh) and everytime I tell people I am a Lions fan they laugh at me, but fuck it. We'll see next week when they smoke the Giants.

So I'm heading out to DSO tonight in Burlington and checked the forums to see what was up. then I went over to the sports bar topics and to my surprise saw this thread and decided to register just so i could post on it. Maybe I will post more in the future who knows. well i am off to brahlington, should be a good time.

Archived