Columbus, OH 7.20.07

HelpSlip

• Forum MVP

Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH

10/21/73 Civic Aud, Omaha, NE

HC Sunshine, BIODTL, Loser, BT Wind, TLEO, Cumberland, El Paso, You Ain't Woman Enough, WRS

Playin>Half-step>Big River>Playin, He's Gone>Truckin'>Wharf Rat>Sugar Magnolia>GDTRFB>Saturday Night

Encore: none

Filler: Don't Let Go

no one really posted this list anywhere.. looks like a beauty!!

• Forum MVP
Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH

10/21/73 Civic Aud, Omaha, NE

HC Sunshine, BIODTL, Loser, BT Wind, TLEO, Cumberland, El Paso, You Ain't Woman Enough, WRS

Playin>Half-step>Big River>Playin, He's Gone>Truckin'>Wharf Rat>Sugar Magnolia>GDTRFB>Saturday Night

Encore: none

Filler: Don't Let Go

no one really posted this list anywhere.. looks like a beauty!!

Ohio and Indiana got some killer shows...

Yes...they were some KILLER shows!!! Also, Columbus, there was a Let It Grow to follow the WRS, which maybe is redundant, I don't know but...I gotta say, that and the Stones>Viola>Stones from Cincy where my highlights. Just fantastic!!!

Yes Columbus was really cool. Interesting city, seemed rather high-strung and east-coastish, not really the considerate midwest thing I've heard about. Don't get me wrong, the locals I actually talked to and the ones at the shows were almost exclusively cool, but the general tension level in and around the city made me feel like I was, well, back home. And as I expected, the intersection between giant University and urban environment made the place feel cutting edge or even dangerous to some extent.

Crowd seemed more inebriated than usual (one possible reason being the outrageous 32-36oz beers - I overhead one guy say "what do I with this thing, do they think I'm Jenna Jamieson or something"?); at one point I hung out with these two girls swigging and WAVING around a good size glass bottle of what I think was SoCo, while no one blinked an eye - and the place was not huge or jam-packed. In spite of the drug and alcohol intake the crowd was perfectly cool, aside from A couple zeros throwing stuff at the dancers (I was pelted with the aforementioned giant cup) late in the show.

The venue was nice, just about totally filled up by midway through the second set. Balcony was not open. At set-break a few hundred people squeezed into the alley-way and security basically let us do our thing.

The Wharf Rats were present, and I checked out the newsletter and finally found out what exactly they were. They seemed like really nice folks.

The first set of the show was a bit of a dissapointment musically, as I thought the band lacked intensity (perhaps due to the late arriving crowd). Of course this opened the door for some ridiculously enjoyable socializing towards the bar. Cumberland was my favorite part of the 1st set. Second set was incredible, the Playin sandwich was my highlight.

All in all the better of my two nights in Ohio, although by the end of the night I really regretted sharing in that SoCo.

Archived