bethlehem

Mango

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Is it just me or are there others on this board who, if they showed up at a DSO show and it became known that Steve Kimock was playing that evening with the band, would be pissed?

I have some close friends who are very into him, but he does less than nothing for me. Sorry if that opinion is too unpopular around here. Maybe I never got past seeing him with Phil at the Warfield in '91 sitting on his amp for most of the show, noodling aimlessly, and taking valuable mix space away from Barry Sless.

• Forum MVP
Is it just me or are there others on this board who, if they showed up at a DSO show and it became known that Steve Kimock was playing that evening with the band, would be pissed?

I have some close friends who are very into him, but he does less than nothing for me. Sorry if that opinion is too unpopular around here. Maybe I never got past seeing him with Phil at the Warfield in '91 sitting on his amp for most of the show, noodling aimlessly, and taking valuable mix space away from Barry Sless.

personally, i dont really like sit-ins, because the extra players are never as talented or dead-knowledgable as DSO... they seem to bring the music down a notch... i dont really even care for donna sitting in- she doesnt come close to lisa's abilities...

that being said, ive never seen a bad dso show, and ive seen a shitload of sit ins.... :dsorocks:

Guest captain420

Experimentation never hurt anyone....but I can see what you mean.

But if you got many shows lined up, then 1 out of however many would not be too bad...just not too regular.

Funny this thread was started up again....Kimock actually lives in Bethlehem (as well as me) and as I was on my way out of the grocery store this past weekend, guess who I happened to see standing in line.... (with about 99.5% certainty) Not sure that there are many Kimock impersonators out there....

-Lisa

Well I guess that sometimes it is more about the spirit the music is played than the music its self. If you get confused just listen to the music play. I have heard a few sit ins and i think its always grate! I think that Donna might conceid that Lisa Rocks big time. But from my perspective there would be no place for Lisa if Donna was never a member of The Grateful Dead. Lets all be Grateful OK. Peace.

Guest crazy digits

I enjoyed having Steve there that night, knew it before I went BUT also understand what you are/were feeling....DSO plays 99% of their shows without guests so a guest here and there is a welcome...Plus, the Bethleham show was great!

Archived