State Theatre

Guest echo

Guest jamesr

Just a few brief notes.

-The trip down was a tough one, we saw the signs for the accident on 495W so we went clockwise instead, all the way down through MD. Made it by showtime, but there was quite a wait at the ticket line so we missed Promised Land. Also, there were rumors of broken air conditioning (it WAS hot inside). Pretty packed house and a noisy crowd.

-Show was 8/30/78 Red Rocks.

-A lackluster first set and one of the shortest Deals ever.

-Second set took off midway with a killer Other One>Eyes>Jam. A jammed-out ending on World To Give>a sensuous Iko into a full-throttle Around had us dancing like crazy.

-Filler was On the Road Again and UJB.

-See y'all at the fairgrounds.

The show started off and I'm in the balcony, I don't like the balcony, think I would learn that by now. Went downstairs for the second set and decided to journey forward. Everything got better the closer I got to the stage. The sound was menz a menz, but definetly better up front. The performance was great, the venue was not. The closer to the stage the cooler it got. There was an exit door open and a women fanning a large piece of tie-dyed fabric. Bless her for the cool breeze. Highlight for me was If I had the World To Give. Seems that I'm seeing alot of rare songs, quess that happens when you see a bunch of shows. Had a wonderful sleep in a tiny little hamlet in Maryland. woke up to beautiful day, homemade waffles and great company. Thank you Kira and James for the hospitality. See you soon, Love Kris

Guest Coxp7212

Top 5 of 36 for me personnally...I was up front and loosing it all night. Tiny...nice hanging with ya bro.

I want to appologize for being a dick to the guy who wouldnt shut the fuck up during space/drums....that drums was GREAT@!@@@ Anyway it was hot but GODDAMN what a show!!!!!!

Guest Coxp7212

Almost forgot....here is my myspace page that my daughter built..... all strangers are only friends who haven't met yet

www.myspace.com/inoldtownva

• Forum MVP

I don't know the ladies last name but her first is Katie I believe, she was onstage during drums,the same lady that was in baltimore at the last sat. show a little while back.I personally would have loved to of seen this show preformed at a venue where the sound was better.The house sound system was jbl stacks ,I just thought it was the room in general or maybe I was just spoiled by wed, show in P.a. I thought thered be some steves flooting around. . i left n.w.n.j. at 2.30 got there at freakin 9 ,The line went around the block , sorry to the few houndred I cut in front of but no way was I waiting that one out .Bad system You get a e-ticket printed off the web & then u gotta stand in another line for another ticket, strange. peace- steve

• Advisory Board

Boy was that place a sweltering steambath, but I had a great time! Good to see everyone as usual, and hopefully see y'all at The Maryland State Fair!! I have a small house but a nice yard with a killer fire pit if anyone wants to set up camp for the night... Only live 20 minutes from the fairgrounds... let me know if anyone's intrested...

• Advisory Board
Boy was that place a sweltering steambath, but I had a great time!

not like you were dancing your ASS off or anything. the herdy jig lives! i had the best time ever last night -- screaming baby bus ride was worth it ten times over.

Besides beings stuck in traffic and taking 2 hours instead of 30 minutes to get there and missing almost the entire first set, we still managed to have a wonderful time as always!!! The place would have given Mexicali blues cafe a run for its money on the climate issue.....you know its bad when people are wringing out their shirts :P I turned to Lauren mid-way through the 2nd set and said "I know that there is no chance of hearing Uncle John's Band during this set but I would love to hear it...." and I got my wish!!!

See everyone in MD in a few weeks!!! Then SF here we come!!!!

xoxo,

Lis

• Forum MVP

Ditto all the above...Katie is awesome, saunas can be theraputic <_< , and if they had old-fashioned laundry wringers outside some venues then we'd all be less inclined to drip-and-dry... ;)

Plus maybe a Show-Evac heli service to cut through those irritating freeway issues... :cheers:

Yours for long strange trips...chuck

Forgot one thing I wanted to note- this show had by far one of the best behaved crowds I have ever witnessed at a GA show, especially provided the circumstances of excessive heat and a packed house. I was up front the entire time and not once did someone even bump into me....until one gentleman decided to shove his way up in front of me and pushed me off the rail. So I said excuse me and kindly reciprocated the gesture (the Italian in me??? ;) ) and then was called a "mean hippy chick front row nazi," but oh well. Could have used a wall of steves for that one!!! But, overall, wonderful crowd! Thank you!

xoxo,

Lisa

Guest the eleven

Great sold out show , thanks to DSO for coming back to the State so soon. The venue is great and isn't usually so hot. The 1st set clocked in at 50 min which I thought was short though I did talk to my bud Russ who was at the acual show in CO and he recalls it being a short set mostly due bad weather. The estimated>other one >eyes>drumzs>if I had the world to give was the highlight.

Archived