MD state fair - wish you were there

chuckvegas

first off smokin show all the way, it was just down right a killer, and what an awesome setup they had, very cool....

here's the setlist i wrote down:

music

china>rider

cassidy>beautiful night jam>cassidy

TLEO

stranger>the wheel>terrapin>summer night's dream jam>playin'>space jam>nfa>standing on the moon>playin' reprise

encore:touch;how sweet it is

show was awesome, but one set not enough for me, however that was one amazing show they just kept bustin out mind blowers :dsorocks: :dsorocks: :dsorocks: :dsorocks: :dsorocks: :dsorocks:

Guest darbysdad

Wife And I Are Safely Back At The Crib Before 12:30

Sorry Ron,That We Didn't Stay For Breakfast,But The Denny's At Edgewood Hit The Spot

Way Too Much Good Times With All You Guys Before During And After The Show

Safe Travels To The Southland,Boys.

• Forum MVP
Wife And I Are Safely Back At The Crib Before 12:30

Sorry Ron,That We Didn't Stay For Breakfast,But The Denny's At Edgewood Hit The Spot

Way Too Much Good Times With All You Guys Before During And After The Show

Safe Travels To The Southland,Boys.

Yep, you all just missed a hearty farm breakfast at 2:30 pm....

The First Annual Herdstock trial run was a whopping success. I can't believe our initial group effort to recollect the set list forgot the Terrapin, but we were laboring under major mental impediments...

Huge two hour show followed by long distance running at the farm...thanks chinacats and everyone for a real good time...onward through the fog to Atlanta/NC...

• Forum MVP

Yea it was nice to get home about 3 in the afternoon following an outrageous weekend of music .about 9 hours of dso & the waffles weren't nothing to sneeze at either kira. What a great weekend ,such great music & lovely people to be with. Peace- steve

• Forum MVP

I have strange memories of being led through cornfields late at night....

nice to meet you chuckvegas, herdygerdy, shade o grey and everyone else whose names have escaped me. way too much fun last night. sorry I couldn't stick around for breakfast.

darbysdad(&Mom)- always a pleasure my friends. see you soon.

:dsorocks:

Sounds like a grand time- wish we coulda alligned the stars better to make that one. As Leia Organa says, "There will be another time"

OH Yea, another thing...

Spread the word........

STOP THROWING THE FUCKIN GLOWSTICKS AT THE STAGE!

Heh. I know plenty has been said about this, but I just can't help myself:

Lord, imagine if this were the standard for normal interaction. I can't help but imagine people throwing glowsticks at their favorite works of art, or pelting people they appreciate with glowsticks in areas besides the stage. I can just see members of DSO sitting calmly at the bar while scenesters huck glowsticks at them. "Thank you. No, thank you very muCh. That's nice."

:rolleyes:

"You, who are on the road,

Must have a code that you can live by...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pphVs8bF0

What a wonderful way to end the summer!!! As Chuck says- another one for the books- from Herdstock trial run to the grand entrance across the race track to the amazing setlist and hanging out afterwards- lots of memories from this one! Herdy-thank you for hosting the pre and post-show activities!!!!

Now just exactly one month until the Fillmore shows!

Kira and James- so nice to see you! We'll miss you!

Guest RJwintersdeadhead

WOW! One of my Favorites, fo sure! Great weather and fantastic music...that's what it's all about!

Had fun at Herdy's castle before the show. Nice to see Darbysdad and Zachsmom again, and to finally meet the Chinacats, Val, Aaron and the rest. Couldn't of asked for a better kickoff before the show!

Can't wait for the December shows!

RJ :dsorocks:

Archived