Asheville 9.6.07

Guest mtnhiker

Guest mtnhiker

Thank you DSO for an incredible show at the peel!!!:) strangely enough, one of the best shows i've seen there recently, but by far the stinkiest!!! ( have we forgotten about patchouli everyone?.) in anycase, the "foolish heart" put tears of joy in my eyes

absolutely beautiful! the wheel was dead on, and the terrapin a monster!!

five star show alla way round!!! (7.2.88 for those who missed it)

thx again guys!! come back anytime!!!!!

fyi

1: Iko Iko> Jack Straw, West L. A., Memphis Blues, Row Jimmy, Blow Away, Victim, Foolish Heart

2: Crazy Fingers> Playin> Uncle John> Terrapin> Drumz> Wheel> Gimme Some Lovin> Watchtower> Morning Dew> Sugar Magnolia

E: Mighty Quinn

• Forum MVP

how was the victim??? dont see that too often in dso setlists... i for one, like that song... never heard rob sing it... or for that matter john, let alone the whole band, play their part.

glad to see 80s sets!

Guest captain420

Glad to see those songs back in rotation.....

Haven't heard a DSO Victim since Dallas '02 V-day....memeories!

a new SBD of gd 7/2/88 was released a few weeks ago. Thanks Rob!? Anyone need a lossless copy?

• Forum MVP
how was the victim??? dont see that too often in dso setlists... i for one, like that song... never heard rob sing it... or for that matter john, let alone the whole band, play their part.

glad to see 80s sets!

Rob singing "Victim"? It's pretty dadgum cool man.

Here's a show that has it. A show that sadly I missed.

Maybe I'll download it now. Alas not streamable.

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2003-06-27.shnf

Guest captain420

Thanks for the info anddave....

I downloaded part of that show and man is it a breath of fresh air!

Hearing Scott again on the "little light" sent me back in time...Althea was nice....

Listening to this now!

Victim> SMOKIN'!!!!

To Lay Me Down>

Music

:)

Glad to see those songs back in rotation.....

Haven't heard a DSO Victim since Dallas '02 V-day....memeories!

a new SBD of gd 7/2/88 was released a few weeks ago. Thanks Rob!? Anyone need a lossless copy?

Hey Captain 420, can I get a copy of 07-02-88? So bummed I did not attend the Peel show but would love to hear the original. Thanks

• Forum MVP

glad to see 80s sets!

I must agree! I have always enjoyed that song. It is so very different than anything else. It's DARK and twisted but what I like most of all is the strange "bubble" sound from Jerry. Do you know what I'm talking about? DSO did an acoustic show, 11-13-04 with victim > attics sweet is an understatement !!!! I listen to that run of 3 acoustic shows almost daily 11-12+13+14-04.

• Forum MVP
Also, some fantastic audience recordings exist of this show. Mind boggling Phil loads. The Jerry vocal during Dew are some of those magical '88 moments - he's all but crying as he delivers the lyrics.

Guest captain420
Also, some fantastic audience recordings exist of this show. Mind boggling Phil loads. The Jerry vocal during Dew are some of those magical '88 moments - he's all but crying as he delivers the lyrics.

yes there are, check out my list for my sources.. I am HAPPY to help out anyone who needs some shows, that is what I am here for is to spread the good word!!!!!!!Take Full advantage.

http://db.etree.org/captain_trip_420

07/02/88

Oxford Plains Speedway

Oxford, ME 3 AUD AUD - Nakamichi 100's > Marantz 430-PDM [Maxell metals w/ dbx] Sony 59 ES > wavelab > cd wave > flac

07/02/88

Oxford Plains Speedway

Oxford, ME 3 SBD SBD>Master Cassette>DAT>CDR>EAC>SHN

07/02/88

Oxford Plains Speedway

Oxford, ME 3 SBD + AUD 'Matrix Mix' SBD + AUD 'Matrix Mix' - FOB Schoeps CMC42s (8ft. spaced omni) > PCM F1/SL2000, then PCM 601ES > DAT > CDR + SBD > Dat > Sonic Solutions > CDR

07/02/88

Oxford Plains Speedway

Oxford, ME 3 SBD - Fix Fix of shnid 2328 - SBD>Master Cassette>DAT>CDR>EAC>SHN11:22:07

07/02/88

Oxford Plains Speedway

Oxford, ME 3 AUD Nakamichi CM304's>BeyerM101>Sony Mixer>Sony D5M

07/02/88

Oxford Plains Speedway

Oxford, ME 2 SBD SBD -> Dat (48k) Transfer Info: Dat (Sony R500) -> Samplitude Professional v9.11 -> FLAC All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller

• Forum MVP
07/02/88

Oxford Plains Speedway

Oxford, ME 3 SBD + AUD 'Matrix Mix' SBD + AUD 'Matrix Mix' - FOB Schoeps CMC42s (8ft. spaced omni) > PCM F1/SL2000, then PCM 601ES > DAT > CDR + SBD > Dat > Sonic Solutions > CDR

Interesting - folks are mixing the boards with the reference front of board tapes, eh? Didn't know this was being done. As an avowed audience tape junkie, I don't know that I would ever think to do that with a tape as good as Oxford.

I compared the PCM copies of the Schoeps Omnis with the Neumann U87 Omnis - these tapes were essentially made right next to each other - and thought it tough to chose a favorite. Ultimately I went with the Neumann version, but you can't go wrong with either source. You better take it easy on your speakers though! :excl:

What's bizarre about these shows i that there seemed to be a bass cancelation phenomena going on with the taper section shotgun tapes, which have no trace of the massive loads the FOB omnis exhibit. Of course, Nak shotguns will never have the low frequency resolution of a Schoeps omni, but what went on with the Oxford tapes is more than that.

Archived