Tacoma -- Setlist

Blindman

05-13-79 Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, Me. (Sun)

1: Sugaree, Mama Tried> Mexicali, Jack A Roe, All Over Now, Candyman, El Paso, Row Jimmy, Jack Straw

2: Scarlet> Fire, Estimated> He's Gone> Truckin> Drumz> Wharf Rat> Around E: U. S. Blues

Filler: Weight

Awesome venue but lightly attended. Luckily this band brings it huge every night. Fantastic time....

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but, I actually liked the '92 show better than the '79 show. Now thats a stretch for me. A solid show, a beautiful venue, very formal looking door attendees, bartenders, etc.. Not sure they've ever seen anything like this crowd before. We were a very controlled crowd. NO drinking anywhere but the lobby, NO indulging anywhere but outside. Talked to a few first timers, all had that jaw dropping look on their faces after it was over. Early nite, done at 11:30. I'm OK with that. Tried, but missed meeting Funky Bass, next time for sure. Band was great, Eaton sure looks happy. Its gonna be a great run down the coast, too bad this is it for me. I want Chucky V's schedule. Love ya Dark Star. Being in the room when these guys and gal are on stage is still one of my favorite places to be, no matter where it is. Later JC

Wow, Awesome show and incredible theater. Thankyou Tacoma for going a great job hosting your first DSO concert. Hopefull DSO will return.

I estimated ~700 people in attendence last night for a place that can hold 1,100. Plenty of room to dance.

The show open wiht a smokin' well drawnout Sugaree. The group really nails the cadence of the groove and the keyboard was spot on to a '79 Brent set up... amazing.

The rest of the first set was amazing with a smokin' All over now and Jack Straw.

Just when you though the band could not top the first set, thet cranked out an amazing second set. I was floored on how tight they have become.. I have not missed a DSO show in WA since 2002 and every year they get better... We need to get the word out as every venue should be packed for these guys..

Thanks for a great show and keeping the music alive... Hope to see you in the Spring

• Forum MVP

I had so much freakin fun at these two shows. I too was bumbed that that I never ran into Mr. Conti, although we gave it a shot. The Pantages was such an amazing venue. I have been having trouble all day trying to think of another venue whith such amazing sound quality. I was simply floored from about 10 seconds into Sugaree until we left.

The ABSOLUTE BEST part (sorry DSO, even though you shredded the whole night): we were sitting on one of the couches/benches in the lobby during space. Two of the little old lady ushers were standing at the door and watching the band and talking and I got this exchange "So do you think that this is an actual musical song or do you think they are impovising with each other?" "I'm not sure, but it sure is interesting." THEY ARE HAVING AN INTELLECTUAL DISCUSSION ABOUT SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was simply awesome. One of my cohorts for the evening(Blindman) went over and explained Space to them. They were thoroughly impressed with the whole thing. I mean, how great is that?

Thanks again guys for yet another incredible run of shows.

:dsorocks:

We were so happy to dance with you all! It was an awesome evening, amazing set and Space! What can I say but thank you! We are so glad you all stopped here. Lisa joining in for The Weight was a crowning glory. True, not a huge turn-out, (Tacoma/Thurs night) but hearts filled the place to the stars.

Archived