The ** 5-19-07 ** Why Don't You Have Me Show - Appreciation Thread

Herdygerdy

• Forum MVP

It was indeed a barn-burner!  This needs to find its way back into the regular rotation - shame on me.....

I'm pretty sure we haven't reached the pinnacle with JM at the lead.   Each tour just seems to have something that feels like another gear to me.  Here's to the continued ascent...................... :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Woah I'm seein triple.....

I hadn't met you yet, Jerry. Or anyone from these forums. You picked me up for Gratefulfest shortly after this....bus came by I got on....my dad asked you if you wanted coffee for the ride, you said "no, I have rum and coke"....lol.....Love ya buddy.

• 2 years later...
  • Forum MVP

Lisa was simply off-the-charts for that Lovelight.  A show for the ages to be sure......

One of my favorite shows from the past?  2/14/2009 in Hilton Head.  That was 'My Rams Head' for awhile.  :)

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Forum MVP

The whole show is great but the greatest part for me is the segue between dark Star and dancin. Totally smooth, jk and the drums synced up perfectly. At the time I was SUPER excited to hear the Eleven tease. And of course the lisapen love light.

I went to this show alone, didn't know a single person from the forums. Mama mama many worlds I've come...

To think that AMAZING show was a decade ago!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!! I can still remember balling like a baby during 'So Many Roads' and dancing like a maniac alongside some of my best friends. Happy 5/19 to all who celebrate!

• Advisory Board

oh boy, that was 10 years ago?! stop—i cannot believe it's been a decade. kyle, not only were you bawling like a baby (though i don't remember that, shocking), it's like we WERE babies. crazy to think about all that's happened since then. anyway, i haven't logged in here in ages, but this day will forever make me reflect on my gratitude for this band and this amazing family. shine your light bright—the world needs it. love you guys so much!

xo, lala <3

• Forum MVP

When you think about it, in a lot of ways this show was a highlight of Starheadom at the time and also served as a catalyst for what we were for the next several years. The joy of that time has not necessarily dimmed but many of us are less visible than we were. Many worlds, indeed.

But our bonds are strong and love is real. I cannot thank you all enough for what I learned then from each of you and what you mean to me today. The music was the bond and the people are the soul.

• Forum MVP

I didn't know any of you then. Show was a special night. I've had many special nights since then getting to know you guys. Love you with all my heart. So grateful for all this scene and music has done for me. Dark star and its fans are who I have to thank. I will join in on the appreciation. 

• Forum MVP

I wasn't able to make this show as we were in the midst of a battle, that eventually was lost. I do know this- I have been blessed to call the folks here my forever family. I love you. 

Lala so good to see you here! :lala:

Archived