The ** 5-19-07 ** Why Don't You Have Me Show - Appreciation Thread

Herdygerdy

• Forum MVP
I'm digging through our tapes and will try to do a new remaster of that show and put it up on the download site. I never got a chance to screw with it last time.... Will do my little bit of juju....

awesome Rob! The CDs I got from indieloo.com were good sounding, I can only imagine how much better after you tweak it some more! Will be looking forward to that when its ready for us. I have listened to that show a couple times this past week, since it had been a while. The show was definitely a keeper! Have a safe and happy holiday weekend all! ...and let there be songs to fill the air!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm digging through our tapes and will try to do a new remaster of that show and put it up on the download site. I never got a chance to screw with it last time.... Will do my little bit of juju....

((( icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif ))) holy cow.... this is the BEST news I've heard this YEAR! Not to much juju I hope, some of 5/19/07's flaws are priceless and endearing! A REMASTERED 5/19??? Miracles DO happen!

celebrate.gif

Guest Lisacat

I've seen a lot of "holy shit" shows...even many "holy f*ing shit" shows but I think there have been 2 when I have been utterly speechless afterwards, when no amount of cussing could do it justice....this was one of those two. I think all of us on the balcony just looked at eachother and didn't know what to say. The other speechless moment was hilton head at a close 2nd.

The 5/18 show was a ton of fun too....great family drums.

• Advisory Board

Personally, I don't think it needs a tweek at all, but Robbie, if you put some of your love into that show, I'd be the first in line to buy it when it comes available!! By far, still my favorite show of all time!!!

The 5/18 show was a ton of fun too....great family drums.

By far my favorite Family Drumz! That whole weekend was really special. I know I needed all day Sunday to recover from the entire weekend.

Guest Rob Eaton

When I originally worked on this show while on tour I did it on head phones and keeping in mind it was for broadcast and tried to make it as "loud" as possible. When I opened the session folder the other day I found I had removed much of the dynamic nature of the music and when I got into it realized I could make it sound much better overall. I have finished it and uploaded it and it will be avail on CD at on our next few shows. Will the layman hear the difference? Who knows. I know that I hear sound in a different way and I guess thats why I have three grammy Awards for my audio work. I'm much happier with how it is now and glad it's up on the site and soon to be on DSO cd's!

Peace

Rob

• Forum MVP

Rob,

If it's a question of compression, the layman, on the "lay system", may even enjoy the previous "for broadcast" version better. But I don't think there's any question that on the right playback gear any listener will appreciate the increased dynamics that it sounds like your new mix will provide.

BTW, I can't speak for your grammy's, but I know you teamed up with my buddy Jeff for an unbelievable recording of 4/21/84 in Philly.

• Advisory Board
it will be avail on CD at on our next few shows.

SWEET!!!!!!!

Hey Robbie, since it was my masterful posting, getting everyone to listen to that explosive Lovelight, how bout a little kickback? Free CD's? :) :) :)

Yeah I know... but I had to try ;)

See ya this weekend...

:herdy:

Guest deadheadmike

Man thats a KILLER Visions !!! I'm on my third listen ... Johns voice just blows me away , its absolutely perfect ... Maybe put up a sign at the table when this one is available to help remind those of us that are a little burnt to grab it :blush: ...

:dsorocks:

Will the layman hear the difference?

I don't know, but I'm looking forward to checking out this 'remastered' edition of this masterpiece of a show, thanks for hearing us R. Eaton!

This is a great show IMO (my favorite) for many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that it is just a fantastic Original Setlist. For those of us (including me) who dream that one day ALL DSO shows will be Originals, this show stands as a shining example of what could be. $8.95 for this show is a fucking steal.

:glow2: :icon14:

• Advisory Board

Alright, I'm highly irritated!

I just bought this show, and I can't download the motherfucker... Something about Java... I tried to do what they said, then I tried to manually download the music... Nothing... SO, if anyone out there in crazy land will burn me a copy and send it to me, I'd be grateful. I paid for it, so the Band shouldn't have a problem with me asking for someone to burn me the CD's... please let me know if you can help me out..

Thanks

Guest deadheadmike
Alright, I'm highly irritated!

I just bought this show, and I can't download the motherfucker... Something about Java... I tried to do what they said, then I tried to manually download the music... Nothing... SO, if anyone out there in crazy land will burn me a copy and send it to me, I'd be grateful. I paid for it, so the Band shouldn't have a problem with me asking for someone to burn me the CD's... please let me know if you can help me out..

Thanks

I'm not a computer wiz , but there are a couple things you could check .

1) open up internet explorer

2) click on tools and then click on internet options

3)click on advanced

4) scroll down the menu slowly till you see Java (Sun) and make sure there is a check in the box ...

5) then click apply and ok to close up the internet options

6) then click on start menu and click on set programs and defaults and make sure use my current virtual machine for Java has a check in the box , I use the custom settings in that menu, then click ok and close out of the program ...

7) restart your pc

8) after restart go to your email and you should have a confirmation of the purchase and a link to download the show ... if Java is enabled all you will have to do is pick a folder for the download and I use the folder titled My Music ...

Hope that helps !!!

Guest deadheadmike

This show is amazing !!! I wish I was there for the live dancing in the audience version ... the sound quality is exceptional and crystal clear ... I'm on my second listen and loving it ... Live downloads is addictive ... I purchased 3 more shows and a couple singles today 11/29/08 Nokia (full show) , 11,22/08 Philly (full show) , 2/27/09 Milwaukee(full show) , Hurts Me Too 2/26/09 (single) and Days Between 10/04/08 (single)...

• 3 months later...

In this day of iPhones and other portable music devices I thought it might be cool to offer a couple songs from 5/19 'stitched' together into one file for easy download and playback on phones or computers or whatever.... really I was just teaching myself how to do this, and used some 5/19 tracks as examples... anyhow for what it's worth here is The Eleven Jam thru Lovelight, weighing in at a cool 37MB it's about 40 minutes of music, some of my favorite!

CLICK HERE TO PLAY OR RIGHT CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

• Forum MVP
In this day of iPhones and other portable music devices I thought it might be cool to offer a couple songs from 5/19 'stitched' together into one file for easy download and playback on phones or computers or whatever.... really I was just teaching myself how to do this, and used some 5/19 tracks as examples... anyhow for what it's worth here is The Eleven Jam thru Lovelight, weighing in at a cool 37MB it's about 40 minutes of music, some of my favorite!

CLICK HERE TO PLAY OR RIGHT CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

:icon14:

• 3 months later...
great way to start the day, had to close the office door and crank that one!

Funny this is up today, I got the CD in the mail Wed and it is the only one that went into the cd player in the car since. My son thinks I'm crazy when I "force" that Lovelight on him and his friends. the slow build of energy during Lisa's vocals...just amazing.

Peace,

Joe

Archived