arcata

blythalala

• Forum MVP
3/24/87 hampton coliseum

(w/ a midnight hour and weight filler)

03-24-87 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, Va. (Tue)

1: Jack Straw, Candyman, Minglewood, Loser, Mama Tried> Mexicali, Ramble On, Let It Grow

2: Gimme Some Lovin> Black Muddy River, Playin> Terrapin> Drumz> Mr. Fantasy> Wharf Rat> NFA E: Brokedown

is it november 21st yet?

Yup.....Was a Grate show....nice and slow Fantasy, Midnite, and Candyman. Minglewood was it for me :dsorocks:

Lisa for fillers was a Bonus!

Nice that no Alcohol was served, and the only drunk guy I saw ended up infront of me during fillers...was Obviously over-the-line as he bobbed and weaved ...Got a look from Lisa when he tossed his jacket over the monitor....I back up, waiting for the fall....He ended up cussing at something as he left the area....Dumbass!! LOL!!

Thankx for comming back to Humboldt!! Always a Smokin' Grate time.....

Safe Travells to All...

Peace

my first time seeing them in such a small mellow venue, reminded me of early 70's dead shows in college gyms

solid show, good vocals, love that sub-woofer that the bass player is wired into, makes every body cavity in the room resonate. modulus guitars for the weir(mesa tube preamp) and lesh(eden tube preamp) guys, jerry-guy had a bolt-on neck PRS guitar (why a bolt-on neck??) through a h&k tube preamp, heavily EQ-ed toward the high treble end(must mean he has a .47cap for the middle pickup rather than a .02cap), over-all good tones.

the Let It Grow set-closer was the highlight for me, the brent guy's inversions and chord substitutions(add 4ths and 9ths) were very well blended with his 'on-the-and' playing tempo, and the garcia guy fed off this as the baton was passed to him, good musicianship!

but does the garcia guy always look that uptight? his body language seems very stiff and uncomfortable, and he only very rarely looks out at the crowd, seems like an introverted person to me(type of person that typically doesn't do well on stage), he could loosen it up alot, and relax, because he's visually difficult to look at.

by contrast the weir-guy is very relaxed, looks like he could be bob weir's son.

Archived