10-15-07 The Marquee

Herdygerdy

• Advisory Board

02-09-79 Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall, Kansas City, Ks. (Fri)

1: Promised, Candyman, Cassidy, Tennessee Jed, El Paso, Jack A Roe, L. L. Rain, Stagger Lee, Passenger, China Cat> I Know You Rider

2: NFA> Miracle> Bertha> Good Lovin, Heart Of Me, He's Gone> Drumz> Truckin> Comes A Time> Around E: Shakedown

Filler: The Race is On

• Forum MVP
02-09-79 Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall, Kansas City, Ks. (Fri)

1: Promised, Candyman, Cassidy, Tennessee Jed, El Paso, Jack A Roe, L. L. Rain, Stagger Lee, Passenger, China Cat> I Know You Rider

2: NFA> Miracle> Bertha> Good Lovin, Heart Of Me, He's Gone> Drumz> Truckin> Comes A Time> Around E: Shakedown

Filler: The Race is On

Nice...NFA to start and of course the ultimate "comes a time..."

Glad it was worth with it, Ridgefield is coming shortlty...

• Advisory Board
Smokin' beers... drinkin' pot.... er..... excuse me officer, no beers in here.....

uhhhh, right. you so silly. when did you write that? when chuck was wandering around in the wee hours with sunglasses that he was convinced weren't his? also, i beat you home. muahaha. that means i'll be in bed first! tired is not the word. worth every second, but i'm a very happy little spinner here in my room in brooklyn and in such close proximity to my bed.

what a mini-run this was. three amazing shows and a few adventures to boot. how often is it that you get to go dancing around in the middle of the desert with jgb pouring out of an open car door? and the two 80's shows at the el rey rocked. and last night was probably a spinning marathon for me with all that space! i also enjoyed our little sing-along of THE song of the trip with molly (thank you for my sunflower, sweets!) to close our little adventure.

all in all, though i did find myself having one of those kind of marathon travel days (you know, sprawled out on phoenix airport floor waiting for delayed flight, followed by the most turbulent flight i've ever been on, followed by nearly missing connecting flight due to initial delayed flight) and feel like i could sleep for a year, honestly my only thought at the moment is, "ok. next?"

so perhaps now i'll go count the number of days til the next show. although it'll probably work out like a patient getting anesthesia, you know: "count backwards from 10." "10...9... [passes out immediately]."

*what a wonderful world this would be...*

so perhaps now i'll go count the number of days til the next show.

*what a wonderful world this would be...*

and my dear what is really great is that we don't have to fly cross country this time:) Although I do love the west coast so much- that flight is one thing I will never get used to no matter how often I've done it (even during my little trip to SF, I realized how lucky we really are here in the Northeast to not have to drive very far to see quite a few shows) ! Its our turn now, Chuck!!!! :D I'll see you at EWR!

• Forum MVP

Re: the above two posts....hmmm, somehow the travel ratio still doesn't quite seem to balance out. Maybe because I still need a nap after 12+ hours of sleep (nyaah-nyaah nanny boo boo - I was home before B* and Herdy!) and so I am not quite thinking right. Wait - I haven't thought right in a long, long time...

• Advisory Board
Re: the above two posts....hmmm, somehow the travel ratio still doesn't quite seem to balance out. Maybe because I still need a nap after 12+ hours of sleep (nyaah-nyaah nanny boo boo - I was home before B* and Herdy!) and so I am not quite thinking right. Wait - I haven't thought right in a long, long time...

i slept for 12 hours, too, and am also still need of a nap. but unlike SOME OF US (cough cough, vegas) i have a double today... not just one job today but two. i'm still trying to figure out why on earth i scheduled myself for a day shift at my random acting job then open to close at the bar knowing how i'd be feeling on this day... guess i'm not thinking right either?

• Forum MVP
i slept for 12 hours, too, and am also still need of a nap. but unlike SOME OF US (cough cough, vegas) i have a double today... not just one job today but two. i'm still trying to figure out why on earth i scheduled myself for a day shift at my random acting job then open to close at the bar knowing how i'd be feeling on this day... guess i'm not thinking right either?

ahhh, nothing like getting home from the circus and going RIGHT back into the real world.....

the real world was never for me anyway ;)

sounds very familiar :) I do that to myself right after a bunch of shows and especially right before too. Its sort of my strategy I guess- I figure if I'm busting my butt working during "off" times, I can slack a little during times of lots of shows and people won't really care.... funny thing is though I find some of my most productive days are those in which I am trying to juggle work and Dark star...sort of motivates me I guess to get my shit done so I can go to a show!

~Lis

• Advisory Board
I got home last night around 1ish, just woke up... it's 2ish.... I am in need of a nap....

go back to bed. i sure as hell would.

and if you don't do that, get your ass up here and bring me some more coffee. actually, i'll open that up to anyone. takers? takers?

Archived