GO SOX!

mooshika

• Forum MVP

Yep the Cincinnati Reds ....

I know they have fallen on some very hard times over the last many many years.

I Bleed RED !!!!! Now only if we could spend some money on pitching ... !!!

NYS ... its nice to see your a Reds fan. Your cool !!!!

Good to see some Sox chatter here, although not enough. Beckett threw a gem last night and I have to give the edge to Big Schill tomorrow;. It will all come down to Sunday night's game. I love Playoff Baseball! UHM, Frank from Keene and Squirrell, where are you guys when we need you?

• Forum MVP
By the way! Why do Yank fans feel compelled to comment here? Haven't you had enough prime time space for the last 14 years? This is a Red Sox thred!

Simply because an incorrect statement was made about the sox being the best team ever; hIstory shows something completely different...

• Forum MVP
Simply because an incorrect statement was made about the sox being the best team ever; hIstory shows something completely different...

:rolleyes: NYS, I was counting on a response from you. :rolleyes: Guess they don't call the game Hardball for nothing.

Well, let's just take our Yankee :herdy::herdy: (Sorry, Herdy, for not asking your permission...) on outta this sandlot(box) an' start a Yankee thread--such as who do you like for the new manager?

Seriously, being a Yankee fan calls for both a sense of humor and a thick skin. May the best team (this year, anyway) win!

• Forum MVP

hay u beantown boys & girls ,Yes I'm A yankees fan& I would like to say u people had a good team this year , great pitching, clutch hitting a good rookie,but the best team ever?- go rockies. hopefully you'll all be at the umass show .-peace-steve

Guest Lazygate

REDSOX NATION!

bosox-hat.gif

Enough already with that same old Yankee fan COP OUT of saying your team won 26 championships!

ALL you Yankee fans use that same old cop out! LAME.

Have fun twiddling your balls while you lay on the couch and watch the RedSox in the World Series!

Guest Lazygate
Best city, best team, EVER!!!!!

COP OUT!

All you fucking Yankee fans are the same lame ass argument.

"Best Sports team ever, wa wa wa..."

That is such a lame ass, weak argument, its a fucking joke.

Its been 7 fucking years since your lame ass team did anything remarkable.

The majority of those championships were before the 1960's.

Thats almost 50 fucking years ago!

They've won 2 in the past ten years.

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!

The Yanks won back when the game was totally different,

and all you Yankee fans know that in your hearts,

that why you always resort back to that ancient COP OUT,

because you know deep, down inside, your team has done SHIT FOR YOU LATELY!

• Forum MVP

lazygate, I said it up top ,u people had a really good team this year & it does humble me to tip my hat to ufolks up there but easy does it when u talk about champinships becouse at best you'll have 2 in 90 years but what ever ,enjoy the world series.I can't watch it ,its past my bed time. PEACE_steve

• Forum MVP
COP OUT!

All you fucking Yankee fans are the same lame ass argument.

"Best Sports team ever, wa wa wa..."

That is such a lame ass, weak argument, its a fucking joke.

Its been 7 fucking years since your lame ass team did anything remarkable.

The majority of those championships were before the 1960's.

Thats almost 50 fucking years ago!

They've won 2 in the past ten years.

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!

The Yanks won back when the game was totally different,

and all you Yankee fans know that in your hearts,

that why you always resort back to that ancient COP OUT,

because you know deep, down inside, your team has done SHIT FOR YOU LATELY!

Unfortunately, unless when you say "The Yanks won back when the game was totally different", you mean prior to 1999, then your argument hold ZERO water. If I'm not mistaken the Yankees won in '96, '98, '99, '00 and went to the Series in '01, and '03. That's SIX trips in the past 12 years (i.e. the AL Pennant winner 50% of the time over the last 12 seasons). We also won in the '70s and won more regular season games during the '80s than any other team.

To the best of my knowledge, the BoSox won in '04, went once and lost in the '80s and went once and lost in the '70s(I'm not counting '07 as even though it looks like Boston's year, after '04, you can't count your chickens too early). I also recall seeing that the BoSox won the AL East this season, snapping WHO's string of consecutive Division Titles?

So, unfortunately, it does appear that someone is on a high horse. But its not us Yankee fans.

But, as it was stated numerous times on this thread already: props to the BoSox for having a great season.

:cheers:

Guest Lazygate
Unfortunately, unless when you say "The Yanks won back when the game was totally different", you mean prior to 1999, then your argument hold ZERO water. If I'm not mistaken the Yankees won in '96, '98, '99, '00 and went to the Series in '01, and '03. That's SIX trips in the past 12 years (i.e. the AL Pennant winner 50% of the time over the last 12 seasons). We also won in the '70s and won more regular season games during the '80s than any other team.

To the best of my knowledge, the BoSox won in '04, went once and lost in the '80s and went once and lost in the '70s(I'm not counting '07 as even though it looks like Boston's year, after '04, you can't count your chickens too early). I also recall seeing that the BoSox won the AL East this season, snapping WHO's string of consecutive Division Titles?

So, unfortunately, it does appear that someone is on a high horse. But its not us Yankee fans.

But, as it was stated numerous times on this thread already: props to the BoSox for having a great season.

:cheers:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I LOVE IT!

RED SOX NATION!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP
I admit that you had a better team than us this year. The statement was the best team ever and that just isn't accurate. End of story.

I took it to mean he was saying it was the best team in history meaning last season's team would beat any other in the history of the game. A contention that can't be proven and so it's easy to make.

I know it's pretty late to join this discussion but clearly I have nothing better to do...or I do and just am refusing to do it.

Archived