Oriental Theatre

Guest crazy digits

Guest crazy digits

06-30-74 Springfield Civic Center Arena, Springfield, Ma. (Sun)

1: Don't Ease, B. T. Wind, Peggy-O, Jack Straw, Loser, Greatest, Cumberland, Dire Wolf, Playin> Uncle John> Playin 1.5: Phil & Ned

2: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Big River, Scarlet, El Paso, U. S. Blues> Truckin> Nobody's Jam> Eyes> Stella Blue, NFA> GDTRFB> Saturday Night

filler tangle up in blue sing your blues away

The energy tonight was unbelievable. What a show! Thanks DSO!!! Love you all.

• Forum MVP

OFF THE HOOK!!! It's 11:48am here in Colorado and we just got up. Beautiful 65 degree day, sunny, nice breeze....DARK STAR ORCHESTRA IS IN TOWN!!!!!

The Oriental is a smoking venue, with just a little bit of elbow grease it could be a stellar venue.

What a set-list, 1 drummer Lisa is how I like to put it. Interesting back drop, no hanging tapestries for Bryan to work with, but there was a huge movie screen for to use as an electric canvas.

Chuck held his ground even during the "city kid" invasion and I think he spun in his spot for half the show out of spite to show dem kids a geriatric starhead can dance with the best of em. Although there was one point where I herd him use words like "rip head off and drop kick into the next section" but he came out his normal sweaty mess!!!

Webmaster Ed in the house too, very nice treat, even got to see Webmistress Nicole!!!!

Looking for to tonight, last show of the tour, GREAT JOB DSO, another one in the books.

:looky:

Note: Funny little thing if you look closely around the inside of the venue. Stage Right, there's this little balcony where maybe 2 people could sit to watch the show, just like in the Muppets from days past where Statler & Waldorf would sit to critique the show....well well well....THEY ARE THERE!!! Just look closely and you'll see 2 stuffed muppet characters Statler & Waldorf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statler_&_Waldorf having a blast!!!

FromTheBalconyLogo.jpg

• Forum MVP

I joined James, Melanie, Bix and Allie in a sweet spot down by stage right for the second half of that first show and the entire second show...it held about 20 people and there were only about 23 in it, so it was tolerable and there was no need for me to get medieval on anyone. In fact, for some reason it looked as if fewer people attended Saturday's show and we had more room within which to do the music justice. But yep - I stayed there that first set just out of cussedness. Slimed a few girls and that gave me a coupla extra feet for spinning. As noted by another member of the Geritol set here, "don't f%#* with oldsters..." Age and cunning, indeed. ;)

Archived