The Oriental Part Deux

Web Ed

• Forum MVP
yeah, Lowell was on his way to Cincinnati for a Bogarts show right after his Alexandria VA show when the plane went down.

I always thought he died of a heron o.d. in a washington d.c. hotel,I had no idea it was a plane crash.-steve

It was a massive heart attack in his hotel room in DC after his show that night. No drugs were found in his room. Too much weight, to many past abuses, and too many cigarettes (sound familiar??). I was lucky enough to catch his second or third to last show at a little club in Browns Mills, NJ a couple of nights before he died in June of 1979. Many people are not aware that Lowell George produced the GDs' Shakedown Street album which, if I recall correctly, was not particularly loved by the heads at the time. I remember the terms "Disco Dead" and "Frisco Disco" being used.

• Forum MVP
It was a massive heart attack in his hotel room in DC after his show that night. No drugs were found in his room. Too much weight, to many past abuses, and too many cigarettes (sound familiar??). I was lucky enough to catch his second or third to last show at a little club in Browns Mills, NJ a couple of nights before he died in June of 1979. Many people are not aware that Lowell George produced the GDs' Shakedown Street album which, if I recall correctly, was not particularly loved by the heads at the time. I remember the terms "Disco Dead" and "Frisco Disco" being used.

yea ,we were kind of when we first heard shake down whats this stuff disco dead .? It was the peak of that time period.but it really grew on u.

Archived