The Oriental Part Deux

Web Ed

• Forum MVP

DARK STAR ORCHESTRA

SHOW #1468 10/20/2007 LIVE AT

in Denver, CO

PERFORMING 10/20/2007

Original Setlist

1:Stranger, Train To Cry, Lazy Lightning> Supplication, Easy Wind, Harder They Come, Box of Rain, It's So Easy, Help> Slipknot> Franklin

2:Viola lee, We Can Run, WRS Prelude> WRS Part 1> Let It Grow, Visions of Johanna> St stephen> Drums> Space> St Stephen> Miracle> Days Between> Lovelight

Encore: Lucy In the Sky, Brokedown

Thanks to the band for bringing me onstage before encores...it was an honor. It was so great to see all of our friends together. I love you all! Have a great break and see you all on the new website...coming soon.

• Forum MVP

fun fun fun. What a show...CHRISTOPHE IN DA HOUSE!!!!

Ok, so I mentioned a bit ago that DSO, at least to the best of my knowledge, always ended their tour with "Sing me back home" but last night they ended with Brokedown. We need an EdBase search to see how long this has been happening.

Really enjoyed the Oriental Theater, put about a Million $$$ into it and it'll be a stellar venue. Props to Jay Bianchi for even attempting to make a go of it, tough neighborhood to sell tickets, no buses, no cabs, no COFFEE, but you can get a burrito and some roasted chilies from the open air vendor on Sheridan and 44th @ 3am.

Ya ever think how much tickets would cost if the venue's didn't sell alcohol? Heather, Jon Jon, Christophe, and I had a great spot 1st set behind Bryan upstairs, about 4 songs into the show we look down Stage Left and see some guy hanging a sign under the lights....."BEER HERE!!!" and boy did everyone realize BEER WAS HERE!!! Irony was that it was close to the area that our Chuck Vegas scoped out for his spinning...bet he didn't want the extra people in his section, or more aptly put, they sure didn't want to rub up against his sweaty mass during the show either!!

Great to see everyone again, really everyone, well, ok, I could do with less Ed Holub!!! :blink:

Also great to finally meet Molly Merch, look for her on the Family page shortly.

Ever really enjoy debating a drunk? Had 2 occasions, fun times, won both, 1st night, 1st one convinced him that leaving his drink standing on the top point of "cue rope" post over Molly's merch was probably not a good idea. He wanted to bet me that his drink would be right there when he came back, I said "I'll bet ya the moment you walk away I throw your drink in the trash!" 1 POINT LOOKY!!! 2nd occasion, last night we have a fantastic spot upstairs, but ya know, during set break everyone moves about, so we try to take up our space while sitting. Lights go out, we stand, and there's some drunk almost standing on top of me. I turn to him and asked if he was going to stand there, he replied YES, I said, I don't think so brother we've been here the whole show, but he said, no way man I've been here the whole show, no no no man, I beg to differ, I retorted, Listen, no no bro, not possible, so he turns and says, ok I'll stand here, and puts himself right between Jon Jon and I. I had something in my hand, I said one moment, hand that something to Jon Jon, turned to the drunk, and said "why are you being suck an ass about this?" Long story short, he left, I win, 1 POINT LOOKY!!!

DRUNKS....FUCK YOU!!

What a great time! It was the time of my life. I alway say that. Lisa the first night... How did she know that I need her sweet voice???

Night 2, friends, and tired... What a long day. Spent time with family, and that was followed by another rockin' night. Got to love the Oriental.... Freedom.. That all I can say.

Night 3.... BTW has anyone seen my face? It melted off during Easy Wind, and it washed away during Bokedown.

I need to travel more.. I miss them!

It was great to see all the crew... Or at least some!... Bix, Love you Brother. Kind words, great spirit. James & Melony.. Home town family! Rick- Dude I'm happy that your prediction helped you enjoy your night. Mr. Vegas.. What can I say? You are the master of ceremonies. It was great to see you again.. Ed & Libby, I am not the center of the universe.. Your hearts are!

Foege... My friend, and your frend! DSO isn't the same without you Brother!

Thanks to all for a real good time! See you agan... Call me if you find my face!

DRUNKS....FUCK YOU!!

I think you mean "BAD DRUNKS....FUCK YOU" Many of us drunks are a peacable sort who don't infringe upon the rights of others. And we, the good drunks, also enjoy a good debate with a one of our lesser drunken little brothers.

but good story anyway.

And thanks for the reviews, Ed, Looky, KH. It is always appreciated when someone takes a minute to share their reflections.

~

So do we have a confirmation of "its so easy"? If it is, indeed "Easy to Slip" then that almost qualifies for a post-jerry GDF song (see other thread). Given that they never played it and it remains heavily in the Ratdog rotation...

maybe it was this:

"...I hit the bull's eye every night

It's so easy, easy

When everybody's tryin' to please me baby

Yeah it's so easy, easy

When everybody's tryin' to please me"

- Guns n Roses, "Its so Easy" Appetite For Destruction

We had some youngsters trying to poach our spot during the set break, so we had to make a bold counter-strike. Thanks to precision real estate acquisition moves by Kirt and Foege, these chumps ended up leaving within 45 seconds.

Don't f*ck with old timers. <_<

Last night was fun. But Friday was the show of the entire run.

and let me finish by saying.......WTF?!?! Where are the Colo. dates?!?!?

• Forum MVP
looky that reminds me of your confrontation with Quinton over the RV at the ledges :lol: when looky means business, he aint kidding.

that guy was a DICK!!!

I think you mean "BAD DRUNKS....FUCK YOU" Many of us drunks are a peacable sort who don't infringe upon the rights of others. And we, the good drunks, also enjoy a good debate with a one of our lesser drunken little brothers.

but good story anyway...

Absolutely!!! BAD DRUNKS....GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!

Guest captain420
that guy was a DICK!!!

:lol: Quincy!

That is how I reunited with Looky at Nelson...You were Red as a Tomato.

Then came the bear hug... :o

It could have been much worse though....I talked to him (Quincy) later, he seemed to have dropped it.

The Lookster needs his power supply, remember that folks.... :D

------------------

OK, to the show....HSF to close out the 1st set, sweet!

Visions !

Days Between !

----add a Dupree's and Row Jimmy to the list..... ;)

• Forum MVP

It's so easy to slip

It's so easy to fall

And let your memory drift

And do nothing at all

All the love that you missed

All the people that you can't recall

Do they really exist

At all?

The whole world seems so cold today

And all the magic's gone away

And our time together melts away

Like the sad melody I play

It's so easy to slip

It's so easy to fall

And let your memory drift

And do nothing at all

All the love that you missed

All the people that you can't recall

Do they really exist

At all?

Well I don't want to live forever

In this shadow of your leaving me

So I'll light a mellow cigarette

And try to remember to forget

It's so easy to slip

It's so easy to fall

Have they ever done Youngblood ??

• Advisory Board
Ok, so I mentioned a bit ago that DSO, at least to the best of my knowledge, always ended their tour with "Sing me back home" but last night they ended with Brokedown. We need an EdBase search to see how long this has been happening.

End of last tour was Brokedown in Raleigh...

• Forum MVP

The tour was a blast beginning to end. So many roads, so many friends along the way.

For once, words fail me. I love you all so, so much. So, no reviews, retrospectives, or rambles now. I'm just chilling before the Right Coast in only 18 short days. I will be dried off, tanned, rested and ready...

Caesars_Palace_Main.jpg

• Forum MVP

what a magical weekend. why can't we just get a bus and stay together!?

saturday night was so beautiful. first time tears rolled down my face in a long time.

St. Stephen bestowed a Miracle on me during my Days Between which ignited my Lovelight and i realize this as we dance with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and this realization makes me cry out "i love you more than words can tell!"

:grouphug:

Archived