DSO audio vine sign up!

Guest Rob Eaton

Guest Rob Eaton

Please indicate your interest in this vine and also note if you can make CD copies or if you are NOT able to. Also if you are willing to send out copies to others........ Peace Rob Eaton

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm all over this if you'll have me.

have PLENTY of time and will get things moving on a timely basis.

and once again...THANK YOU ALL!!!!

this is just too freakin cool B)

edit to add : yes i can do audio extractions and make audio copies

and yes i can send copies to other people

and i could easily admin this if needed

lots of audio and net/web experience

I'm in! I can make and will make copies to send to others. I will do this in a timely fashion. Rob, if you need an administrator still, pm me with the details. I should be able to do, just want to know exactly what's involved. But as I said before, I will do whatever to help this work. I'm pretty organized so if that's what you need, someone to organize it, I can do it. Just let me know! Thanks!

Adrianne

P.S. I second that thank you to Rob and the whole band! You guys are awesome!

Guest captain420

I can do it all..... :D

Can burn correctly DVD-R data (for 24 bit files) as well as CD-R audio/data discs; for lossless data and audio for cd players.

Correct extractions are no problem, if needed.

Thanks for the vine Rob....this is gonna be toooooooo much fun :580:

Thank You!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO :cheers:

Guest rowjimmy

FYI -

I signed on for this project so I have an opportunity to learn about the different archiving methods you guys are using. I've been interested in this for a while now and will have a chance to learn from the best about it.

Guest captain420
FYI -

I signed on for this project so I have an opportunity to learn about the different archiving methods you guys are using. I've been interested in this for a while now and will have a chance to learn from the best about it.

In about a month when I get my butt up to the NE, I will talk to you about this rowjimmy...till your blue in the face....

if your interested... :cheers:

Guest rowjimmy
In about a month when I get my butt up to the NE, I will talk to you about this rowjimmy...till your blue in the face....

if your interested... :cheers:

I definitely want to learn but just go easy on me at the start. I am generally slow on the pick-up but once I have it, I don't forget. Just a warning to you too.....I will ask ALOT of questions so it should be fun for both of us. I will bring plenty of 3" x 5" cards for notes when we meet. Thanks.

Guest captain420

Looking forward to it....

I love questions and people who are eager and willing to learn...makes it funner!

When and where? I don't know.

rowjimmy, have you heard the "Row Jimmy" from 12/30/2006 Fox Theater Boulder???? Smokin'!!

Thanks again Rob and the rest of the band for agreeing to let the music PLAY!

Please indicate you interest in this vine and also note if you can make CD copies or if you are NOT able to. Also if you are willing to send out copies to others........ Peace Rob Eaton

thanks for the opportunity -

I am interested, can make copies, and am willing to send copies to others.

tfp

this is an super idea to get EXCELLENT quality shows to those of us who would

most appreciate them. i am so very grateful to rob and the rest of the band for allowing us to do this.

and doing this FOR US!!!

now, i am not trying to come off holier than thou. but, i can see some things that could possibly arise and cause some issues.

the first is using audio as the format. there would be issues of burning too fast, anything over 8X is too fast, disc at once or track at once...believe it or not i still get discs w/ the 2 second pause. and of course just using sub-par discs.

would it be possible to do this vine in a flac format. it is by far the EASIEST lossless program to use and would make disc copying extremely easy. instead of having to use EAC to extract the audio and go from there. i would be more than happy to help ANYONE out w/ everything they needed to decode the flac files and burn personal audio for themselves.

also, i though that there should be some standard of disc. i only say this because some discs will not work in my computer, ...imation and memorex discs being among them, and i imagine this is the same for some other folks as well

i hope this doesn't make me come off like a know-it-all but, i've done this on the gov't mule and derek trucks sites and there were serious trainwrecks EVERYWHERE...i'd HATE to see this have some of the same problems that could easily be nipped in the bud w/ a few preventives setup from the get-go

Guest captain420

That is up to Rob. He is the one responsible for getting the music out to us. So it is his decision.

I will throw this out though.....and I think this is what Kevin is trying to say as well? if not please correct me Kevin.

It would be easy to send out a few data discs with the FLAC files on them and keep those discs going through the vine so people can copy/paste the files onto their computer and decode them if needed to .wav to get ready for standard cd player discs....?

Just copy/paste and then pass the same disc you got to the next person....that way you get the files the way you want them, plus the next person has no worries, since we are all getting the same filesets.

also, "technically", the EAC step adds a gen...

Just my 2cents....

Again, thanks Rob....this is a real joy!

Guest mind of a squirrel

Yes. Can do whatever is needed.

Can copy. Can lick stamps.

My question to you- Are there going to be any standards as to what media is used? Personally, I go through blank CD-Rs as if they were Kleenex- so I don't buy expensive blanks. But, if it's necessary- I will for you folks.

-J

I can make CD copies on my PC and I am willing to mail to others.

Thanks to the Rob and the entire band for sharing with us.

Rob, I have your and Rowjimmy's backs all the way!!! Whatever you need my friend, consider it done!

Thanks and see you @ Ridgefield my friend!!!!!!

Alex

Archived