DSO audio vine sign up!

Guest Rob Eaton

• Advisory Board
What about telling SHN from SHNola?

PLEASE don't dominate the FLAC, Jack...

Dr. B :lol:

PS-Taper Ron, that may be a good way to Re-name this thread!!

PPS-Rob, of course I am in and will participate in any way needed. Thanks!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest captain420
I guess if things get too technical for this old head (SHN, FLAC, whatever) there's always plenty of help available here on the boards. :)

Yes, you are right Fennario.....but it isn't hard at all...people let themselves get overwhelmed about something new..you ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know.

Correct, there is plenty of help here.....any problems, shoot a PM and Help will be on the way..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest muzikmark

I am able to copy CDs and send them if necessary.

When I receive shows I will rip them to my

hard drive and pass the discs on to the next person !!

Can't wait !!!

Guest Dancompany

If it's not too late, count me in! I have a burner on my Mac. I can also send them out, I live right door to the Post Office.

One question though, CDR's or DVDR's? I can do both, which would be better?

Guest mind of a squirrel
If it's not too late, count me in! I have a burner on my Mac. I can also send them out, I live right door to the Post Office.

One question though, CDR's or DVDR's? I can do both, which would be better?

If you're sending discs to others, then CD-R would be appropriate. Not everyone has a DVD drive. You might do like Mark said- just decompile it onto your hard drive to burn later to whatever kind of disc you like, and then just pass along the original discs that were sent to you. That's one way to make sure you get a copy in the format you want for yourself.

• 1 month later...

Definitely! I'm in. I can make as many copies as you want and send them out right away! Is there any way to get a copy of your unbelievable Cincy show? Hope all is well. Take care.

Mind of a Squirrel is hitting the whole premise of this equation I believe. It was like you hit the lottery when you heard sounds of a show that you were either at or always wish you were at. Let's faceit we all wanted to be at everyshow if we could. Just like Jerry picked up the original idea from the bluegrass festivals after hearing Bill Monroe, Earl Scruggs, Ralph Stanley, Frank Wakefield, Clarence White, Vasser Clements, ect... Jerry had a infinity with Django Reinhardt tapes very early on (most people are not aware that Jerry had one of the biggest collections of Django shows on the Planet), where there is technology that is ever expanding more power to the project of "passing it on" which truely is part of the communal experience for positiveness. Seems like yesterday to some of us that you could use a "clicker" to change the brand new COLOR TV. Wow, those were the days. Like any good experiment put the best foot forward and go thru the bumpy start up process and 30 years from now the grandkids will look back at the project and try to duplicate it because it was born out of genuine pure musical coolness.

Archived