Just Curious

Taper Ron

• Forum MVP
As asked in another context, what then is to be done?

I miss album art and liner notes that are large enough to read...

FLACs are just data files. If you have only CD burner you still can put a show's worth of FLACs on CDs by using 2-3 CDs instead of one DVD.

If there were such a thing as an audio DVD then you could probably fit a whole show on it.

I too miss the larger liner notes and artwork.

• Forum MVP
But I do want to learn this new-fangled thingy that's only been around what, a decade or so? I even understand most of what is being discussed as regards the technical aspects here. The only concern I have is that my system, while pretty good (a 4 year old Dell), doesn't burn to DVD-R, which would seem to be necessary for optimum performance and participation. As asked in another context, what then is to be done?

I miss album art and liner notes that are large enough to read...

Flac..... just tell me what i need....... and how to do it ......

• Forum MVP

I am in the same boat as Matt. I listen in my car and that is about it. In fact, my current car is my first with a CD player. I previously purchased cars with a tape deck, even though CD was available, just so I could play my hundreds of hours of cassettes. Now my cassettes just sit around collecting dust. What is to become of them?

I am in the same boat as Matt. I listen in my car and that is about it. In fact, my current car is my first with a CD player. I previously purchased cars with a tape deck, even though CD was available, just so I could play my hundreds of hours of cassettes. Now my cassettes just sit around collecting dust. What is to become of them?

i know some folks that sent some or all of their tape collection to the soldiers fighting overseas.

i thought this was a great way to get some much needed use from the music we love so much

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Well you learn something new every day.

I didn't know there was a way to play FLAC in Windows Media Player, but there is.

Download this and run it.

Then download this and run it.

Finally, double-click a FLAC file and when Windows asks you what program to open with, choose Windows Media Player and check the "always" checkbox.

:)

(Note: links above go directly to specific files. For hi-tech-techs who want more info, or for anyone who reads this thread later on after newer versions have been released, it's all near the bottom of the main FLAC download page. under "Players and Plugins".)

Archived