ridgefield

HaveYouEverSmoked

unlike any dso show i have ever seen. very heavy jamming, extremely spacy at times. heard them play songs differently than ive ever heard them played. it was like the band felt they had something to prove...almost like they were showing off. or maybe they were just having a ton of fun. who knows. the people at the venue are very nice.

highlights for me were the moving SOTM, viola lee opener, unbroken chain, eyes of the world, going down the road feeling bad, and brown eyed women. cant wait for tomorrow night!

• Forum MVP
unlike any dso show i have ever seen. very heavy jamming, extremely spacy at times. heard them play songs differently than ive ever heard them played. it was like the band felt they had something to prove...almost like they were showing off. or maybe they were just having a ton of fun. who knows. the people at the venue are very nice.

highlights for me were the moving SOTM, viola lee opener, unbroken chain, eyes of the world, going down the road feeling bad, and brown eyed women. cant wait for tomorrow night!

The set list goes something like this: (I'm missing a few, it's late)

Viola Lee

Stranger

Mr charlie

Esaus Brothers

Masterpiece

Browen eyed women

Music

Unbroken

Eyes

Dancin

drums

wheel

miracle

sotm

watchtower

gdtrfb

Easy wind

ripple

Absolutely smoking show, it's so nice to have the band back in the northeast, they are on fire!!!

The set list goes something like this: (I'm missing a few, it's late)

Viola Lee

Stranger

Mr charlie

Esaus Brothers

Masterpiece

Browen eyed women

Music

Unbroken

Eyes

Dancin

drums

wheel

miracle

sotm

watchtower

gdtrfb

Easy wind

ripple

Absolutely smoking show, it's so nice to have the band back in the northeast, they are on fire!!!

Don't let go in 1st set! Right before Music. Wonderful show! Great to see everyone:)

xoxo,

Lis

**Welcome to the 10th Anniversary Tour speech by Rob**

Viola

Stranger

Lazy River Road

Mr. Charlie

Bro Esau

BE Women

Masterpiece

Don't Let Go >

Slipknot Jam >

Music No Stop

Unbroken Chain

Eyes

Dancin >

Drums >

Space >

Wheel >

Miracle >

SOTM >

Watchtower >

GDTRFB

Easy Wind

Ripple

The thing was an absolute shread fest, from note 1 they were on fire - the best i have ever seen theme...insanely good...the BE Women was over the top as was the Don't Let Go > Slipknot Jam > Music...really the whole show was beyong aby high expectations I set in my own head, the watchtower was blistering, John doing hand singles in the Viola...can't say enough

WOW! Looks like a truly amazing show. Now I'm really pissed that I could not make it last night. On the other hand, I can't wait for tonight's show :D It's been a long 4 months since my last show in Asbury Park. Guess I've gotta cross Eyes, SOTM, Music, and Viola Lee off my list for tonight. :( Hope the Slipknot jam doesn't rule out Help>Slip>Franklin out for tonight, but it probably does. See ya there!

too early to begin predictions for tonight? im thinking a marathon 70's show with lisa, but then again what good are predictions? i would have never expected the band to begin the tour with the original they threw at us last night.

the post that i started this thread with was very hazy. must have been all the puffing me and my associates were doing upstairs at the venue and in between songs in my car. all in all, it was an unbelievable time had. the beer selection was very nice. i recall a dales pale ale from colorado that was beyond smoker. the venue was very friendly about re-entry, but beware of the outside. police are all over the place (seeing as the venue is right next to the police station). basically pick your spots if you are going to puff. i think that some security caught on to the fact we were smoking up top in the balcony so they sent a security guard up there to scope us out for a few songs. we took it easy and were friendly with the guy and that was all it took for him to go away and for us to continue the puffatorium.

ended up talking to the manager for a little bit after the standing on the moon....i had to strike up a conversation with him after i heard him singing the words "id rather be with you" over and over to himself. hes a pretty cool guy. talked to him about how the west coast tour went and how ridiculously on the band was last night. at the end of our conversation he pulled a recently recorded dso cd (live from barton hall) out of his pocket and told me that it was on him. said for me to listen to it and tell me what i thought of it at tonights show which i intend on doing.

cant say enough about this band. they have really turned into more of a cover band. they have gotten so used to playing with eachother that they are clicking every night, every song. aside from rob e, who seems to always be too blazed up there and bobbing with his eyes closes, everyone seems to be smiling.

its pretty clear that baracco has found what he truly loves to do...play the grateful dead. his sound and vocals are perfect and he has really enhanced what this band can bring every night.

sorry for all these observations. i guess it just feels good to be back home in ct, seeing back to back nights of dso. nice little break from school.

cant wait for the show tonight. it should be even better than last night (and even more packed). expect many more dino chants and perhaps some rob for senate's. hopefully he will acknowledge at least one of them tonight.

• Forum MVP

what dave said! WHOA UNBROKEN CHAIN!!!

damn, that setlist kicks some major ass... crossing fingers for tapers... and i was just wondering last night if they've ever opened with viola lee, and if not they should... weird

• Forum MVP
Sure that's weird, but UNBROKEN CHAIN, man. Unbroken Chain!!!!!!!

They are getting off on that one for sure. They've done like 5 in the last 13 shows!

Really glad you guys got them so pumped and raring to go. V Lee to open was a sign that they had some serious intentions. :)

They are getting off on that one for sure. They've done like 5 in the last 13 shows!

Really glad you guys got them so pumped and raring to go. V Lee to open was a sign that they had some serious intentions. :)

and there was an opening space > unbroken

Its 2PM and I am crawling outa my pants with anticipation!! Rowjimmy broke his "fever" :P & he & Rowlisa are picking me and the wife up at our place at 4:30 and we are on the way to CT!

I smell a 70's show already!

Also noted the puffing hurdles but being the stealth cat that I am, I see no issues!

Bring it on DSO :dsorocks:

Alex911sc

yea. smoking is no problem. we puffed upstairs in the top row where like nobody was, but i saw puffers all over the place. just got to stay low and be somewhat discreet. we also went out to the car many times during the show. we could hear the music from outside so we knew we werent missing anything we really wanted to hear. puffing was not difficult. just get a good parking space

Archived