Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Web Ed

RIP Scott

54 posts in this topic

I wanted to share this with everyone, and this seemed like a good place to start...I turned 21 in October of 1998. A couple of weeks later I attended my first DSO show, for $3, at Martyrs. I then returned every week until they started touring. I met Scott because of an airbrushed Brent shirt that I wore. We instantly bonded over our love of all things Brent. I started putting "we can run" post-its on his keyboard, which grew to full sheets of paper requesting my favorite Brent song. Scott joked that when the deadheads wanted to hear unbroken chain they spelled it out across a stadium. Soon thereafter, DSO started playing "We can run." The first few times they played it, it was only in Chicago, and I was there every time it was played. Scott joked that he played it just for me.

I was devistated when Scott passed. I still am. The last DSO show I attended was the Scott tribute show/auction. When I heard they were playing their 1500th show in Chicago I had to go. I arrived at the show and instantly saw some of the same familiar faces from 10 years ago at Martyrs. I hadn't been to a show in so long, but it still felt like home. Then Ed walked by and almost started crying, as I missed the whole DSO family so much. The show started, we all were groovin', they finished playing Cassidy, and I heard it coming. I actually heard it in tuning but couldn't believe it! They didn't even get 4 notes into the song and I was crying like my cat died. I have never cried so hard at concert before, and I'm a crier. There I was ballin' my eyes out, singing my heart out, and I couldn't stop. They were tears of sheer joy, and sheer sorrow. I love that song, but the connection I have to that song with that band, because of Scott, is stronger than I ever imagined. I was so glad I made it to the show.

I wanted to share this with everyone, and this seemed like a good place to start...I turned 21 in October of 1998. A couple of weeks later I attended my first DSO show, for $3, at Martyrs. I then returned every week until they started touring. I met Scott because of an airbrushed Brent shirt that I wore. We instantly bonded over our love of all things Brent. I started putting "we can run" post-its on his keyboard, which grew to full sheets of paper requesting my favorite Brent song. Scott joked that when the deadheads wanted to hear unbroken chain they spelled it out across a stadium. Soon thereafter, DSO started playing "We can run." The first few times they played it, it was only in Chicago, and I was there every time it was played. Scott joked that he played it just for me.

I was devistated when Scott passed. I still am. The last DSO show I attended was the Scott tribute show/auction. When I heard they were playing their 1500th show in Chicago I had to go. I arrived at the show and instantly saw some of the same familiar faces from 10 years ago at Martyrs. I hadn't been to a show in so long, but it still felt like home. Then Ed walked by and almost started crying, as I missed the whole DSO family so much. The show started, we all were groovin', they finished playing Cassidy, and I heard it coming. I actually heard it in tuning but couldn't believe it! They didn't even get 4 notes into the song and I was crying like my cat died. I have never cried so hard at concert before, and I'm a crier. There I was ballin' my eyes out, singing my heart out, and I couldn't stop. They were tears of sheer joy, and sheer sorrow. I love that song, but the connection I have to that song with that band, because of Scott, is stronger than I ever imagined. I was so glad I made it to the show.

thanks for sharing....Scott was the first band member I met and according to so many others, the first they met as well...I, too, miss him and think of him often...Keep coming back to the shows as it continues to blossom through Scott's vision...peace and love

Five years? Like Bix said above, Scott was the first band member I also talked to, and it helped seal the deal for me with DSO (I was a goner already, but he made it seem natural).

Some things are eternal. This music is the connection we have to the heavens. Some get there before others, but we will all be home.

Sleep with the stars, Scott.

Happy Birthday Scott, there isn't a day that goes by when you're not with me, I'll always miss you, but you have a way of staying close.

Big smiles, miss you, e

Levi SCOTT Koritz .....came on to the stage today....his first words were "sandwich anyone??".....LOL....Dr. V

Levi SCOTT Koritz .....came on to the stage today....his first words were "sandwich anyone??".....LOL....Dr. V

:rofl::rofl:

Sooo around 4am on the 3rd, we all ate some sandwiches in honor of our departed brother, and all day on the 3rd, there was many a beer or drink, or whatever toasted in honor of Scotty...

Miss you brother!!

The first show we did a food drive with DSO Scott was our contact person. I mentioned to him that I'd be at the show the night before on St. Patrick's Day and that it was my birthday. They played that show I had asked about for my birthday 9/6/80. It was a real treat. I got to deal with Scott several times after that doing food drives at various shows. He was a heck of a nice guy and very supportive of our effort. <3

Miss and love you, pal!! Can't believe it's been 7 years!!

Never got to meet Scott but I can tell that all of you were blessed to have him in your lives. Here's to Scott....!

7 years gone bye, they said it would get easier, shit I've said that, but last night I found myself sobbing like a teenage girl. It hit me that I would never be able to introduce Scott to my daughters, I would not be able to re-introduce him to the adult Jonah who will turn 18 this year. I wanted the pain to go away so I got to thinking of days past, went through my memory box and found some stuff; a birthday card from Scott from 2002, a broken key from his B3, the Frisbee he signed for me (on the underside he wrote "the other side is a frisbee"....you understand don't you?) the photo of him winning a watch just a few hours before he would leave us...... I remember so much, meeting him on Pearl St every time he came to town for quality time, for our walks to visit his favorite record shop in Boulder or just to hang out. I miss the random phone calls from him just to find out how we were doing.

I raise my glass to you ya old son of son.....TO SCOTT LARNED, my friend, may you rest in eternal peace at the big keyboard in the sky. YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF SO MANY!!!

7 years gone bye, they said it would get easier, shit I've said that, but last night I found myself sobbing like a teenage girl. It hit me that I would never be able to introduce Scott to my daughters, I would not be able to re-introduce him to the adult Jonah who will turn 18 this year. I wanted the pain to go away so I got to thinking of days past, went through my memory box and found some stuff; a birthday card from Scott from 2002, a broken key from his B3, the Frisbee he signed for me (on the underside he wrote "the other side is a frisbee"....you understand don't you?) the photo of him winning a watch just a few hours before he would leave us...... I remember so much, meeting him on Pearl St every time he came to town for quality time, for our walks to visit his favorite record shop in Boulder or just to hang out. I miss the random phone calls from him just to find out how we were doing.

I raise my glass to you ya old son of son.....TO SCOTT LARNED, my friend, may you rest in eternal peace at the big keyboard in the sky. YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF SO MANY!!!

I can't believe Jonah will be 18!! Wow, are we getting old!!

I took that picture... I remember laughing so hard about him winning that watch... "It isn't a real poker game until someone looses a watch..." -Von Yard Ape

Here's to you Scotty!! I miss you, pal!!!! You definatly made a difference in my life!! Love you till the end of time!

Happy Birthday in Heaven Scott. You are missed, and loved by many. Rest In Peace.

Scott, thank you for helping to bring the fire down from heaven with this band. It is not forgotten.

Happy Birthday, old friend. I miss you tons, but you are up there with us every night. Peace to your family.