10th anniversary show

smile_smile_smile

• Forum MVP

I love this debate/discussion! We're like kids with too many toys. Everytime I flip the TV off because my kids are watching too much of it, they always whine, "No, wait, that was my favorite show. Don't turn it off. It's the best show ever." I'm thinking to myself, those kids must think I'm stupid because it's always a different show. Every show is supposedly their favorite. As if I'd fall for that.

Someone recently urged me to pick up 6/18/74 Louisville. The Let It Grow>Other One>I Know It's A Sin>Stella is incomparable. I was in my car this a.m. saying to myself, "don't turn it off...this is the best show ever..." Then I thought, no, wait, 5/8/77 Cornell is clearly the best show ever. How could I forget that, unless I've got 10/29/77 DeKalb handy, in which that is the best show ever. I'm positive about that, but I was at a DSO show last Jan. or Feb. at the Parkwest in Chicago where they opened with a Shakedown that floored me. I realized then that I was attending the best show ever...until I went to Ithaca in May. The DSO Ithaca show was way better than anything I've ever heard...except the 5/19/77 Atlanta Sugaree which is topped by nothing else. That's why, when I'm playing the tape of 5/7/80 Cornell - the first show I attended - I say this is clearly the best show ever. But not better than 11/11/73 Winterland, as everyone knows....

So, please, please, don't turn it off!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The great thing about music is that it's so subjective. It might move me and not you and that's OK. I'd walk out of a Dead show back in the day and say "that sucked"

I said that more than once in my 23 year ride with the Dead. But I always went back because I knew what would eventually come off that stage. I know I never have, and I don't think I ever will say"well, that sucked" after a Dark Star show. I have a tendency to rate any show I see afterwards. Its just a habit. I've never rated anything Dark Star has done below a 7.5 out of 10.You guys are just too passionate about it. And we are all Grateful to you for it. Thanks JC

thanks DSO for a truly awesome show...for someone who has never seen the Grateful Dead live that was really just a great experience for me, thanks for all your passion and hardwork, you guys kicked ass!...I drove up from jersey to catch the show, "it's an obsession but it's pleasing"....more alligator please!!

• Forum MVP
Someone recently urged me to pick up 6/18/74 Louisville. The Let It Grow>Other One>I Know It's A Sin>Stella is incomparable. I was in my car this a.m. saying to myself, "don't turn it off...this is the best show ever..." Then I thought, no, wait, 5/8/77 Cornell is clearly the best show ever. How could I forget that, unless I've got 10/29/77 DeKalb handy, in which that is the best show ever. I'm positive about that, but I was at a DSO show last Jan. or Feb. at the Parkwest in Chicago where they opened with a Shakedown that floored me. I realized then that I was attending the best show ever...until I went to Ithaca in May. The DSO Ithaca show was way better than anything I've ever heard...except the 5/19/77 Atlanta Sugaree which is topped by nothing else. That's why, when I'm playing the tape of 5/7/80 Cornell - the first show I attended - I say this is clearly the best show ever. But not better than 11/11/73 Winterland, as everyone knows....

See......now you get my point.

Archived