Bears

arm

• Forum MVP

The Bears demonstrated that they don't suck as much as the Raiders, but it was very, very close.

I felt like I was cheering for the few life boats that cleared the Titantic.

Having Sexy Rexy back to complicate our relationship makes matters even worse.

I knew Rex would be back. He's got a better arm anyway.

Smooth

I too had a feeling we'd see Rex back out on the field again... possibly because Griese stunk it up (which he kinda did) or because of injury, which seemed almost inevitible -- the guy has yet to play a full season once in his career.

now don't get me wrong - I'm glad they won the game, and glad Rexy tossed that TD pass -- but seriously, you look at the rest of the game, and he was pretty much just as ineffective as Brian was for that whole game. take out that TD pass, and his numbers look pretty lame. I'm not convinced that he's going to be able to lead the team anywhere if he is given a shot as the starter again.

but hell, there's too many things wrong with this offense to just pick on Rex or Brian.

you can't really put the blame on either one until the team can field a legitimate offensive line and a legitimate running game.

• Forum MVP
The Bears demonstrated that they don't suck as much as the Raiders, but it was very, very close.

I felt like I was cheering for the few life boats that cleared the Titantic.

Having Sexy Rexy back to complicate our relationship makes matters even worse.

Hey now!!!! Don't be talking shit about the Raiders. Every team can have a bad season.............or 5.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I hate that feeling when your team sucks. I wait all year for the NFL to rev it up again, but when it sinks in as early as week three that you're boys, whoever they are, are going to have a hopeless year....well, that really casts a pall over the whole thing. I'm like the Grinch muttering about the Patriots, that the NFL is fixed, that everything is horrible - - but I'm just mourning the damn Bears. At least that's what my therapist says and he's good. He's convinced me to stop putting my fist through the wall. :lol:

I hate that feeling when your team sucks. I wait all year for the NFL to rev it up again, but when it sinks in as early as week three that you're boys, whoever they are, are going to have a hopeless year....well, that really casts a pall over the whole thing. I'm like the Grinch muttering about the Patriots, that the NFL is fixed, that everything is horrible - - but I'm just mourning the damn Bears. At least that's what my therapist says and he's good. He's convinced me to stop putting my fist through the wall. :lol:

so whattaya think, Arm?

does Kyle Orton have a chance to be the guy?

yes, I say that tongue planted firmly in cheek.

he was pretty abysmal, and with the way that the defense played for most of the game, anything even resembling average NFL quarterback play would have resulted in a win for the bears last night

'course it didn't help much that the refs made some pretty questionable calls -- and a couple of missed calls too if you ask me

• Forum MVP

We need a new QB, a new offensive line, a new running back and a new Off Coordinator--then we'll be ok...I know that growing up watching Buddy Ryan's 46 and THAT defense (which was the best of all time when Ryan was heading it), it hasn't been fun watching the cover 2 and Lovie Smith's style of coaching and influence on the D...despite going to the super bowl last year (knowing your team had no chance in that game but being proud that they over achieved nonetheless) and despite the fact that our defense is not our problem.

I know I would like to see Smith go and the whole thing blown up.

We need a new QB, a new offensive line, a new running back and a new Off Coordinator--then we'll be ok...I know that growing up watching Buddy Ryan's 46 and THAT defense (which was the best of all time when Ryan was heading it), it hasn't been fun watching the cover 2 and Lovie Smith's style of coaching and influence on the D...despite going to the super bowl last year (knowing your team had no chance in that game but being proud that they over achieved nonetheless) and despite the fact that our defense is not our problem.

I know I would like to see Smith go and the whole thing blown up.

so basically, we can replace every single player on the offensive side of the ball -- cut them all off the roster completely and start with all new players -- even if they're rookies and undrafted free agents -- and come out with a more productive offense

actually that doesn't sound like a bad idea...

the only guys I think worth keeping around are:

Olsen

Hester

maybe Berrian and Kreutz.

everyone else can go. seriously.

pick up guys off the street, and you'll have an upgrade

• Forum MVP

Over in the "politics" forum, everyone says war is not the answer. Here, in "sports", Ortman is not the answer.

On offense, I'd keep Tait (though aging rapidly) and Mark Bradley, too. I have this feeling that Bradley can be a very good NFL receiver and don't want him ending up elsewhere (a la Bobby Wade) having a nice career.

Call me crazy, but I think Grossman still has some upside. Jesus, I may live to regret saying that....

Over in the "politics" forum, everyone says war is not the answer. Here, in "sports", Ortman is not the answer.

On offense, I'd keep Tait (though aging rapidly) and Mark Bradley, too. I have this feeling that Bradley can be a very good NFL receiver and don't want him ending up elsewhere (a la Bobby Wade) having a nice career.

Call me crazy, but I think Grossman still has some upside. Jesus, I may live to regret saying that....

'upside' and 'he's just the best QB currently on the roster' are not exactly the same thing...

after seeing all three this year -- Grossman has been better than the other two - as well as better than Krenzel, Hutchinsen, Quinn, Stewart, etc.

but honestly, that aint saying much at all.

I can see giving Mark Bradley some more oppourtunity -- every Bears fan I know seems to think he should be a number 1 receiver -- mostly based on that one half he had against Detroit his rookie year - right up until the point he hurt his knee....

and yet he's only managed to get what? 4 or 5 catches the whole year?

call me crazy, but if he was that good - wouldn't the coaches see this and try to get him the ball a little more often?

I'd love to see him turn into something, but I'm not holding my breath

I know that growing up watching Buddy Ryan's 46 and THAT defense (which was the best of all time when Ryan was heading it.

As an Eagles fan, I LOVED Buddy!! He built a juggernaut defense here in Philly (Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Seth Joiner, Wes Hopkins, Andre Waters, etc.) Too bad he didn't know much about offense. His offensive philosophy was essentially to give Randall Cunningham the ball and let him make something happen. And then there was that F*#@ING fog bowl. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Well, the Bears had their Super Bowl this year in two installments. Bears 2 - Packers 0. That's our silver lining. It's all we have. For Bear fans, it's almost all we need.

• Forum MVP
a sweep of the packers is always a sweep of the packers.

bears will be back in 08.

We'll need a running game, a passing game and a healthy defense with Briggs returning. Not sure how we are going to get a running game with the offensive line we have and the feature RB we have and not sure how we're going to get a passing game with the offensive line we have and the QB we have.

But one of my favorite super groups of all time is Blind Faith so who knows....

Archived