1st DanK Show Test Vine

Guest captain420

Guest captain420
Captain420: Don't be embarrassed! You are going out of your way for us, so I think I can speak for at least most of us and say that it's totally fine! I definately still want to learn flac. Then maybe I'll have an opinion on the differences and pros and cons of all formats. I will say in defense of flac, I have heard from several others that this is definately the way to go. But, ultimately, yes, I just want some new music to listen to! So I'm happy either way. But put me on the flac list, we will do this!

I wish everyone was as kind and patient as you.....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest captain420
Hang in Mason. It's human nature to resist change.....keep up the fight!

"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know..."

The only thing that is constant is change..

Not sure what is up with this FLAC thing for EAC...everything looks right...but it doesn't spew out a FLAC... :(

Even though it kinda sucks, glad to know I'm not just an idiot! To burn them, I just opened the folder from "my computer", then it said on the right, write these files to CD. So I didn't rip and burn them in the same way I usually would either. Captain420, why are you giving up on us!? Like you told me, this is a learning experience, so you are learning too! I don't blame you for wanting to give up and just wait for Rob, but, I think we'd all still like to try it. But, it's your decision, so no hard feelings if you don't want to. Fritz, are you going ahead and passing them on? I don't think anyone cares how they get/do it.

Hey folks....whats the decision here? Should I send on the discs with the wav or MP3 files or are we starting up again with Flac files. Let me know still have the discs......personally prefer flac or shn due to loss issues but to each his own. I'll wait to hear from a few of you folks on here as to whether deep 6 the "old" discs or send them on.

Guest captain420

They should be WAV's first of all, don't think mp3's can get that large...lol.

Personally, I would just send off those discs to the next person..

OK!

---

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

1) If you want the files in FLAC, start a list and add to it.....

1. 4evergr8ful

2. Fritz

2) If you are cool with the wav files, and your burning to audio discs anyway and not archiving them,

then stay put and the discs will get to you.

• Forum MVP
Hey folks....whats the decision here? Should I send on the discs with the wav or MP3 files or are we starting up again with Flac files. Let me know still have the discs......personally prefer flac or shn due to loss issues but to each his own. I'll wait to hear from a few of you folks on here as to whether deep 6 the "old" discs or send them on.

fritz, I don't care, just send me whatever you have. I'm anxious to hear, and pretty sure that I will be able to convert the wav files to flac.

Guest captain420
fritz, I don't care, just send me whatever you have. I'm anxious to hear, and pretty sure that I will be able to convert the wav files to flac.

Yes, you can do that....

steinandaaron....pm me your addy again if you could and i'll get them in the mail tomorrow for you. peace

• 4 weeks later...

Were we going ahead and starting another one? Mason? I'd still like to do it if everyone else wants to, even if it's just burning and passing along. Maybe this one can move through the vine quicker.

Also, I'm surprised to hear Fritz may be holding things up... considering he was pretty inpatient when the discs were in my posession....

• Forum MVP
Were we going ahead and starting another one? Mason? I'd still like to do it if everyone else wants to, even if it's just burning and passing along. Maybe this one can move through the vine quicker.

Also, I'm surprised to hear Fritz may be holding things up... considering he was pretty inpatient when the discs were in my posession....

i'm pretty sure that it isn't fritz that is holding the operation up...or me for that matter. the discs are just "missing" somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest captain420

Ok, I'm sending the discs out tomorrow (Monday) to Aaron......

Sorry to have left you hanging in the dark....I know that sucks, been busy...and I promised to get this VINE going, so I am a man of my word.....peace

1 edit to the discs, Since there was a fair amount of Bender talking and tuning, ~3.5 min worth before Bertha started on the 1st disc, I brought the wav's into CD wav editor and split track 1 up into 2, Bender speaks and #2, BERTHA!

I hated to sit there and try to fast forward or just sit there for that tuning, I'm sure you all will appreciate it.

Any news on that other vine? Or is it now dead?

Guest captain420
I'm confused! Are you still talking about the 10/23/05 show? They didn't do Bertha at that show.

It looks like the "official" vine isn't going to happen. I gave up asking about it, couldn't get a reply.

Oh shit, I sent out the wrong show! Ai-Yi-Yi! :blush:

For some strange reason I grabbed the Amsterdam show...I will have the 1st Dank show out to you Aaron, by tomorrow!!!

Guest captain420

Also, if you want to, you can pass that other show in the vine too..? Unless everyone already has it..

Working on 2 B&Ps right now...But would love to vine some actual Grateful Dead.,,any requests or suggestions>runs?

or video?

Guest cheesusfreak
Oh shit, I sent out the wrong show! Ai-Yi-Yi! :blush:

For some strange reason I grabbed the Amsterdam show...I will have the 1st Dank show out to you Aaron, by tomorrow!!!

How does that Amsterdam show sound & what's the date?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest captain420

Glad things are in motion and correct...My sincere apology for the mix up before...you guys kick ass! :D

I love to get music to the people!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived