Drums

Spanish Jam

Truckin'

Morning Dew

Around And Around

Good Lovin'

Encore:

U.S. Blues

I'm sure someone was happy to get the Scarlet>Fire>Estimated>Eyes!

• Forum MVP
And the word on the street is:

08/12/81

Salt Palace - Salt Lake City, UT

Set 1:

Alabama Getaway

Greatest Story Ever Told

Friend Of The Devil

Mama Tried

Mexicali Blues

Jack-A-Roe

C.C. Rider

Althea

Lost Sailor

Saint Of Circumstance

Set 2:

Might As Well

Man Smart-Woman Smarter

Scarlet Begonias

Fire On The Mountain

Estimated Prophet

Eyes Of The World

Drums

Spanish Jam

Truckin'

Morning Dew

Around And Around

Good Lovin'

Encore:

U.S. Blues

I'm sure someone was happy to get the Scarlet>Fire>Estimated>Eyes!

Bid you goodnite was the filler....

Really nice call by Mr. Eaton, the first set was choppy and not my cup of tea but we knew we were in for barn burner...Althea in the first and Dew in the second were pristine...Crowd was young and full of booze; an evil, evil combination but as usual, hanging in the front with forum folks made it well worth it...

Now my question is between Friday night and tonight's setlist, what is left to play tomorrow night???? :D

Glad everyone had a great time...wish I could have been there!

NY Steve- I hear ya on the young and drunk crowd- I had to keep saying to myself last night, "I was that age, I was that age...." and sadly it was not that long ago........

xoxo,

Lisa

• Forum MVP

It wasn't the age ,it was the booze .In between sets I had these frat boys tring to weasel in on a piece of realestate & it almost got real ugly ,when u got this guy holding 4 cans of beer in his hands screaming in your face it just wasn't too cool but my wife & me brought 3 people that have never seen them before & what a show to see .the band was on fire. peace to all .-steve

fantastic show, love those early 80s setlists, first set was laid back and groovy, second set was full strength DSO, oh those scarlet>fire estimated>eyes gotta love 'em, and the spot I was dancin at was great the sound was crisp on that second level out of the pit, and of course none of those drunk college slobs. Gotta love it to when everyone starts dancin to, makes the show so much better, the energy was definitely showin tonight.

.....oh and loved that jam after eyes, john k. went off the stage and the rest of the band did a sweet jam, another reason why barraco is the man, he tore it up tonight!

Crowd was young and full of booze; an evil, evil combination
....yea what's up with that very uncool, how can people be so stupid and unkind, at a show for god sake. really mad about that. tho i got up on the second level tonight and it was so much kinder and chill and the sound was better, and fewer chatters too.

overall very cool show and lots of fun!

I had a great time at both shows. I got pretty trashed Friday night, and it took so much out of me that I was stone-cold sober for Saturday night. I had a great time from both perspectives (drunk/stoned, & sober). I used to see DSO right up close & personal, but with the sizeable crowd (and drinking) I saw both shows from the seats and it was just fine. Security was on the prowl Friday night (a few warnings, but no ejections, at least in my section) but Saturday night, Security left the seats completely alone, at least where I was.

After a hot Alabama/Greatest opener, Saturday's 1st set was fairly laid back, but I thought well played and sung well. The Saint closer was hot. The 2nd set was very enjoyable, great song after great song, with the exception of Man Smart-Woman Smarter, a song I can do without. Stupid, pandering lyrics.

Guest st stephen

great 2nd night at the nokia. It was my first Brent show since my first DSO show 7 or 8 shows ago, so i was pretty jacked when i saw the set up and the Alabama opener. Being 28 it is so cool to me to go to these shows. Maybe I am sitting in the right places latly becasue i feel like i am next to people that know that band...even probably some peope on this board. The first night at the nokia (which was a killer orginal setlist) i was center stage like 10 - 15 rows back and hung with some really cool people, even one guy with a cool funny winter hat on, and another guy right behind me that i kept chatting with, i am so bad with names. But what i am trying to say is that, when your in that sitution with people who are excited as you to see the show it makes the experience so much more amazing, the first night actually made me feel like i was at a dead show, with the band on fire and good people around me. What a great experience.

2nd night at the nokia really was truly amazing...you could tell from the get go that it was an early 80's sound. Man those guys are so amazing at playing any era of the dead. To me thats the hardest thing to do when i play guitar is create different sounds.

Highlights for night 2

Althea

Lost Sailor/Saint

2nd set

Scarlet/Fire

Estimated/Eyes

another amazing show and i too was incredibly psyched to get an early 80s show - it has been awhile for me on that front.

rob's tone was perfect but from where i was stading was a low in the mix during the 1st half of the first...nice to see the hammond on stage.

the althea was slow and laid back, but a highlight, as was the steller sailor > saint.

i also put the whole pre-drums up there...the women are was extremely good as was the scarlet and eyes...dew of course was way solid and a nice bid you to close the run...

It wasn't the age ,it was the booze .In between sets I had these frat boys tring to weasel in on a piece of realestate & it almost got real ugly ,when u got this guy holding 4 cans of beer in his hands screaming in your face it just wasn't too cool but my wife & me brought 3 people that have never seen them before & what a show to see .the band was on fire. peace to all .-steve

You tough guy! You showed them College Boys what was up. I'm standin next to you Bro!!!

The Morning Dew was over the top!

Peace.

• Forum MVP

This was an awesome show and a hell of a good time!! First set was pretty standard but played with typical DSO perfection and grace..Alabama was a great opener and loved the FOTD and Althea...CC Rider was also played very well by Mr Eaton.. Second set was played through the roof, throught the skyscrapers of NYC, and through the atmosphere!! As some random head said on the train ride home, "We got it all tonight!!!!" the Scarlet, the Fire, the Eyes, and the absolutely unreal Morning Dew made the show a gem!! Great hanging with everyone both nights! Thank you DSO, for a real good time! :539: :dsorocks: :539:

Archived