Nokia Friday 11-23-07

kdubfan

• Forum MVP

I have been freaking out about my firs trip to NYC and the last time that I seen the band was just over four months ago.

I get into the city, rode the rail for a few, walked to Battery Park, hooked up with a few kind starheads, and then off to Katz's Delicatessen. That was the hands down best pastrami I have ever had. It was packed but well worth the wait! Next thing I know we were off to the shvits. What happens at the shvits stays at the shvits. All I can say about it is Val Kilmer is shorter than I thought and his "lady friend" was the tallest glass of water in NYC. OK sorry about that. So after a shvits and a massage we all headed to Don Giovanni to meet up with people from here. We enter the restaurant to a table of 20 set for us. Best of all the table was too small! So many of us showed up. We sat and talked for a while, ate and drank, then all headed to the show together. Once inside we could look at the stage and tell we were in for one hell of a good night. All the signs were in place for a barn burner. The six string bass, Lisa's mic, and the B-3 was a small clue to the evening ahead. Bam .... next thing you know the show is under way !!!!

Sugar Mag> Loose Lucy No one saw that coming! Loose Lucy has always been one of my favorites that DSO kicks. Cassidy was jammed out big time !!! Thanks to Rob B and his chunky Mr. Charlie then THE BEST Here Comes Sunshine that rocked on and on. Lisa then shined on Music never stopped only to slide into the long sought after Unbroken Chain with the sunshine Daydream to complete what they started many jams ago. I was stunned on the song selection and it totally felt like a 2nd set without the drums. The cassidy and HCSS were spacey and full of stellar jams.... just the way I like it !!!!

After a $3 water a $6 beer and a quick stop to pick up a 10th Anniversary Tour shirt I was off to see what other surprises DSO had instore for us on this already amazing night.

With JayB asking what song selection I thought we were instore for next from the band. I answered I "HAVE NO CLUE AND I LOVE IT !!!!!"

So sure enough the band started to peel my face from my head with an outstanding

Help> Slip > Stranger > Frank ... the transition from Slip to Stranger was stunning, smooth, and made you jump out of your seat and start shaking. After the mind blowing Alligator the Drumz began to shake the foundation of the Nokia. I love watching the faces of people who have no clue what this music is or what is happening right in front and all around them. Then I started to reflect back on my first Dead show and wondered if I looked the same way .... LOL (oh to be a virgin again) After a nice space I found myself daydreaming that I was back at Nelson Ledges, layin back in the sand with my toes digging into the cool night sand, John and Rob E. were trading space lick for space lick. Then into a spanking hot Other One which I love. How this song always sounds so new every time I hear it is some of the magic of this music and this band. What is that I hear .... holy crap back into Alligator and back again to The Other One. At that point I had no face at all to steal its was blown off completely. Then just at the right time John brought me back to enjoy a chilled then rocking Standing on the Moon. I know Jerry would be proud of the sound this night. You could close your eyes and see the fat man standing in the blue light smiling away. Lisa stepped up to the mic and belted out on hell of a Lovelight. I love it when she gets down !!!!! Then like the icing on a cake (E:) the ever so strange Werewolves of London. OWWOHHHHHOOOO Back to the BIG CITY. OWWOHHHHHOOOO Werewolves of Manhattan OWWOHHHHHOOOO

Back to the back for THE after party where everyone I have not met await .... God I love all you guys .... so honest so fun so true !!!! Too much to tell here ... THANKS Presscot it was very cool.

Off to the Carnegie Deli for yet some more Pastrami !!!! If I lived in NYC I would balloon up to like 500 pounds. The food is so good !

Thank you DSO for hands down the best show to date (IMO)

Thank you Jersey Steve YOU ROCK

Thank you everyone for making the entire day so enjoyable !!!!!!

This IS what it is all about !!!!!

• Forum MVP

for sure a most excellent trip ... you, Mason, JayB and Steve were most fun. Every time I think of the many things we all did all I can do is SMILE and CRACK UP !!!!

Stevil Knievel and the whole Shvits thing was out of hand !!!!! LOL

Guest captain420

Nicely written Mike...

I said you could write a book about what happened to me in those 6 days...strumming some dead tunes for the Egyptians was an interesting experience.

It was a treat to share in the experience with you and jayb...jayb is one righteous dude and so are you Mike!

See you all at the ledges! :glow2:

Archived