Just a Dream

jerseyboys

My heart pounds effortlessly with the excitement and dazzle of seeing and hearing the live show. To me, it is the height of all our human capacity, and beyond. The communication, the consciousness, the extreme flow of energy and human expression, it's all I ever wanted, to close my eyes and step in my place, with so many others marching to the same drum, hearing the tones of heaven, the beat of God, the pitch of the ultimate female voice. To feel these emotions, to give life to these expressions, has always been at the heart of the true thanksgiving. The simple act of experiencing gratefulness for what you have, for a moment leaving behind all that you have lost, saying goodbye to all the pain that you carry each and every day, for a moment to dance with angels, to sing with the prophets of your time, is surely well worth the cost of a ticket. But what's more is the enormous and undeniable healing power of these magnificent energy vibrations, these waves of power that overwhelm the senses with the glory and profoundness of life, the omnipotent light of dark star.

I can tell you of my experience with the depth of this sound, this musical dimension of the universe, where life itself transcends ordinary perceptions of time and space, entering an illusionary land of gold and spices and men, women, and child of every kind, shape, and size, of endless riches derived directly from the deepest emotional wells and your senses of yourself and your relationships with others, indeed even your relationship with the almighty king of the universe. But none of it would be true if it were for only my own singular experience, if you too were not experiencing the same thing or something created of the same dimension of time space. If you did not know just what I mean to say, from the choices I make and the descriptive words I use, of my illumination of the essential grateful dead experience, then my story would not be worth telling. If you did not know of this psychology, this psychedelia, the synchronicity of this never-ending mega-coincidence, this mighty illumination and illusion, then I would surely continue to wallow in my pain and sadness, my graveyard of loneliness, my ocean of darkness, but with dark star in my hand, holding me tighter than I've ever been held before, I say good-bye to those silent skeletons raising hell in the closets of my life, driving me mad every inch of the way, every step I take on this twisted and winding path to where I never imagined I would be. So here I am a million miles away from where I began, at last with endless thanks on my mind, grateful for the wondrous, mystical chance to see and hear again Jehovah's favorite choir, to finally know my own language, to remember my thoughts and the names of my friends and family, to know myself, to forgive myself for all the time and energy I lost traveling along this path, only to reach the center, the axis of freedom, the gift to choose music over war, life over death, love over hate.

To feel the beauty emanating deep from within the sounds and soul of this musical world of colors and sensations, rhythm and movement, dance and song, lyric and verse, truly the voice of our human soul, dying to be rediscovered, dying to burn like the flames of freedom, dying to behold the beauty of love in every one of it's forms and figures. Because you know, because you are there too, playing, dancing, singing and ringing in tune, I can stand atop this mountain of sound and live in the unity of the human soul, rather than be doused, drenched to the core, in the miserable failure of the world, the self-pitying destruction of our civilization, culture, and community, if but for one everlasting moment, one brightly shining daydream. Yes it may be but just a dream, but what a splendid dream to live, in the body, in the mind, in the soul, in the sunshine daydream of our lives, just a dream, just a sweet dream. :P

• Forum MVP

now that's truly SOMETHING !!!! ...

without love in a dream it will never come true ... your world is what you make of it in your own mind .... I enjoyed the read thank you ...

((((((((((((((long distance runner))))))))))))))))

now that's truly SOMETHING !!!! ...

without love in a dream it will never come true ... your world is what you make of it in your own mind .... I enjoyed the read thank you ...

((((((((((((((long distance runner))))))))))))))))

Wow, thanks for the kind response. I was just rereading my post and ... thinkin ... what garbage, what nonsense, what a mockery, but i'm neither wrong nor right, it's just the negativity and doubt bleeding through, it's always there and I suppose it is what makes things all the more interesting. Still I find it to be something so extraordinarily difficult to escape, if not impossible, but you remind me, as I was saying in the first place, it's a dream, just a dream. That's what dark star does, it's dream space. So as the songs go, one way or another, this darkness got to give. one of these days, im gonna escape judgement, even if it is just a dream, what a sweet dream it is!

Guest captain420

What a great write up LDR...I saw you were having as much of a great time as I was at the Nokia.

The gathering of this tribe is a really beautiful thing...Just when you think there is no one that feels the way you do about this music, you go to a show and you get the feeling of unity; oneness with the whole place-band included. It does go beyond words but we can at least be grateful for what we have and what we can do.

What a great write up LDR...I saw you were having as much of a great time as I was at the Nokia.

The gathering of this tribe is a really beautiful thing...Just when you think there is no one that feels the way you do about this music, you go to a show and you get the feeling of unity; oneness with the whole place-band included. It does go beyond words but we can at least be grateful for what we have and what we can do.

Yes Indeed !!!! :lol:

Archived