Not Fade Away

Encore:

Foolish Heart

Filler:

Alligator

Playin Reprise

Sitting on Top of the World

Guest the eleven

I liked the shows though I thought the performance on the 2nd night was far better than the 1st night. Plus we got Filler the 2nd night. I was a little surprised that they did the 3 night run consecutively. Have they done that in the past? Perhaps it was the beer but I didn't notice the lyrical flub on Memphis Blues.

Guest captain420
I was a little surprised that they did the 3 night run consecutively. Have they done that in the past?

I think this might be the 1st time for a 3-night consecutive run...they have done 2 before.

Perhaps it was the beer but I didn't notice the lyrical flub on Memphis Blues.

The lyrical flub?

DSO doesn't recreate the dead THAT much...

• Forum MVP

What a great show!!! Every single tune was just right on! Very cool to see the LTGTR>Jack Straw opener..definitely a highlight! China>Rider of course was smoking hottt as always !!! Very very nice Uncle John and OtherOne jams .. Sweet set of drumz and an amazing transitions of the Rat>NFA !! And a Foolish encore! So much fun ! Great spot up on the balcony with Jersey & NY Steve, Blythe and LisaCat!! Once again DSO, thank you.....for a real good time! Each member of the band really looked like they were havin fun and were so RIGHT ON! NWJSteve and Kris..you were missed, but you were there in spirit and hope you got home safely and are feeling healthier! See ya next time down the road!

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP
What a great show!!! Every single tune was just right on! Very cool to see the LTGTR>Jack Straw opener..definitely a highlight! China>Rider of course was smoking hottt as always !!! Very very nice Uncle John and OtherOne jams .. Sweet set of drumz and an amazing transitions of the Rat>NFA !! And a Foolish encore! So much fun ! Great spot up on the balcony with Jersey & NY Steve, Blythe and LisaCat!! Once again DSO, thank you.....for a real good time! Each member of the band really looked like they were havin fun and were so RIGHT ON! NWJSteve and Kris..you were missed, but you were there in spirit and hope you got home safely and are feeling healthier! See ya next time down the road!

sounds like a lot of fun !!!! You were with some of my favorite people to see a show with! Be safe and enjoy life

Till we dance again, kdubfan

• Forum MVP

Good people, great spot, and unbelievable music...State college comes quick..

Hey Helpslip...........nice hangin with you too!

• Forum MVP

The lyrical flub?

DSO doesn't recreate the dead THAT much...

- rob messed up one line(I don't remember which one, there are so many). after the song he pulled out two dollars and made an announcement that he lost the bet to the crew. apparently they always bet on whether or not eaton will remember dylan lyrics. funny shit.

the show:

musically this show was excellent. I was hoping for an original setlist but was pleased to get an 80's show since I haven't seen one since the ledges. I gotta say these guys, though I always prefer Lisa to be singing with them, are sounding really good vocally. Barraco, while maybe not sounding "like" brent, really provides strong backup vocals. he sounded good on we can run too. i don't go crazy over brent tunes but DSO always seems to make them sound good. loser was played well and it reminded of how much I like this song.

the second set was really special. china>rider got it started right and the playin>uncleJ>playin took me through a beautiful range of emotions. I was really impressed with the interplay in the playin jam which seemed to sprawl out forever. I think i began suffering from dehydration by the time drums got going...I all remember is wanting to find a corner to collapse into. i made it through drums and space without water and right as I was about to step out of the crowd to get some I heard the first teasings of Other One, during which I simply couldn't leave. this Other One was really intense. it was incredibly invigorating, one of the better versions i've seen. I don't know if it was my dehydrated state distorting time or not, but it seemed to me that they stretched this one out a bit. set finished strong with wharf rat and NFA. at the end of NFA the crowd began the "no our love with will not fade away" chant, which lasted up until the moment they started the encore. john literally started playing the chords for foolish heart while the crowd was still chanting. It had an interesting post-space>song kind of feel to it, which was cool. i love this song and I was thrilled to hear it.

after the encore eaton announced that "unlike last night, we still have plenty of time". i really love it when they do extended fillers like this, i'd say it was the highlight of the whole show for me. and the band couldn't have answered my prayers any better. I got my alligator and it was a blast. the transition into playin reprise was butter smooth. I thought they would be finished at this point but they tossed a fastball at us with Sitting on top of the World. this song is really fun and I'm glad its been added to the library. john and barraco really rocked out on this one and it was the perfect way to end the night.

good seeing everyone. jerry thanks for putting up with me. good times as always. If all goes to plan I'll be @ Toad's place thursday.

Washington is always fun, and capping it off with a DSO show is the cherry on top!!!!!!

Wow! Only Toad's left for me!

Kris, NW Steve, NY Steve, Vince, Sue (thanks for your patience with me after the show), and Tor - GREAT TIMES with GREAT PEOPLE!!!!

Great to "show" with Herdy, Blythe, Chuck V, and the Cats.

DSO - HAPPY 10th!!! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!

LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest darbysdad

My Friend Aaron Has Done Most Of The Review Of Sat Nite's Show And I Must Give Him Props For His Insistance That We Make This Gig As I Was Originally Not Going

We Got To The Club Early,Got Tix,And Therefore Missed That Huge Wiil Call Line

Small Crowd At First Allowed Us To Get To The Rail Stage Left In Front Of Kevin,But By The Time Of The Opener,Room Was At A Premium.If It Did Not Sellout I'd Be Suprised Because It Was Really Jammed Down On The Floor.It Was Nice To See The Cats,Jersey Steve ,Et Al Had The Balcony Rail Covered Just Above Us.Must Aplogize To Kyle,Lauren,Mike,Matt And Any Others That I Elbowed During Frenzied Dancing That The First Set Jack Straw Induced.Little Did I Know That The Second Set Would Be The Rip Snorter That It Was.The Band Was Obviously Very Comfortable With Everything As They Were Quite Animated And You Knew They Were Having Fun Too.

Usually ,I Bum When No Lisa,But That Was Out Of The Question Once They Fired Up.

I Don't Care Wether The Venue Was In A Bad Neighborhood Or Not--It Just Doesn't Matter When The Band Delivers A Smoking Hot Show Like This One Was

Thanks Aaron,For Being There ,Buddy

Damn Herdy, that sucks. I consider myself a "nice" person, but I've got zero tolerance for Coulter, so hopefully we don't "run" into each other at any shows in the future. As for Tucker's dancing style, he does a lot of head-shaking back and forth and he appears to sweat a lot. Here he is:

msnbc_carlson_tucker_050511_colmug01.thumb.jpg

Was really great to be able to attend both shows. I was having a great time "Working". Lots of pictures that I am sure the band will post at some point in the near future. I ran through 2 4 gig cards. Thanks to anyone that I might have asked to let me through. That was a tough go. I got to take pics at the Wienburg Center (DSO Playing - Dec 28th) for Ratdog before and am looking forward to (Hopefully) being able to do the same for DSO again. Had a bunch of fun too. Hope to see ya'll on the 28th ... tome to get back to working on the Photo's from the 9:30 Club. I have posted just a couple of them.

L8r

Archived