Toads Place

New York Steve

• Forum MVP
My wife & me decided recently next year to think alittle more about the type of venue we want to see the band perform in.Maybe not as many shows but better places. peace-steve. p. s. remember John Lennon.

All we need to do is block off a space for people like us. If we work as a team we can have room to dance and enjoy the show as it is meant to be ..... with loved ones !!!!!

I am looking forward to our next meeting. You and your wife are such good people!

Love and Happiness to you and your family's this holiday, Mike

• Forum MVP

I agree with what has been said, the bar scene sucks. I came across the tweakers and one of them happened to make contact with my elbow after rushing the stage one too many times. I have 0 tolerance for drunks or anyone who is purposely getting between me and my music. It helps hanging with good people who are there for the same reason I am and it also helps standing next to 6'3 man (Nantucket) with a mean wife. (between the two of us it's about 500 pounds of mass)

I encourage you new folks to meet up with people from the board and see a show with them, excluding Herdy of course.....

• Forum MVP
All we need to do is block off a space for people like us. If we work as a team we can have room to dance and enjoy the show as it is meant to be ..... with loved ones !!!!!

I am looking forward to our next meeting. You and your wife are such good people!

Love and Happiness to you and your family's this holiday, Mike

That was very nice of you Mike,I'm sorry you & j.b couldn't spend a extra day or 2 .We had a great time .Hopefully we'll see each other again. Merry Christmas.- steve

Well...Red Bank is booked and I have been told that Rams Head is not a venue to be missed so i may take the run down.

NYE with the children watching Closing of Winterland thinking about the insane time you all will be having..I expect many phone calls that night lol

Your phone will be burning my friend.. Burning... That is, if I am coherent enough to dial... And I am always leary of drunk or "disfunctional" dialing....

You will be missed my friend... Too bad I cant do Redbank or Rams.... At least at this point....

QUOTE from someone on here:

The point is, everyone is free to enjoy in their own way. Unless someone is thwacking you across the face with a mouthful of unwanted sweaty dreadlocks or yapping their heads off during the most poignant moment of Comes a Time, (or any other part of the show for that matter) then let them be. To each his own - as long as it does not fuck with my chi.

My sentiments exactly, sometimes I'm standing still and sometimes i'm dancing my ass off. I might look like a tool standing with arms folded sometimes but you have no idea of the mind trip the music is taking me on at that moment you are spending paying attention to the way I look I'm intensly focused on the music.

Guest chefmax

mr. colbert...I'll bite.

my statement was that it was hard to dance, myself, on a crowded floor with some folks that wanted to stand still (colbert nation) and others that wanted to, uh..lay down and convulse, I guess (nasty tweaker nation).

I did not think you a tool for standing still, in fact I was spending so much time watching the Brad Pitt looking dude use his third leg for a stool, I hardly noticed you sir.

Happy Holidays

edited to add....--> btw...my favorite is Stella Blue as well and actually have a daughter by that name

Archived