New England Patriots

Guest Bostnfn

• Forum MVP
I think Miami will beat them on the last game of the season. :rofl::rofl:

Not a Pats fan at all but it has been very entertaining watching what they are doing this year.

But I agree with Kdub - 14-0 Pats vs 0-14 Dolphins. How great would a Miami victory be in that situation? Btw, no team other than the '72 Dolphins has gone 14-0. Everyone else who made it to 13-0 has lost the next game.

• Forum MVP
Its gonna snow up in foxboro sunday so maybe, just maybe the jets will cover the spread,23 and a half.

If the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS can actually pull of the huge upset this week, we might just see Billy B have aheart attack right there on the field. Or his head may just explode. Is there any way that he shakes Mangini's hand if the Jets win?

• Forum MVP
I think I will have to go with the J E T S jets jets jets

Not that the Bears were even in the same world as the Pats but Miami beat us for the first time last year and they were almost as bad. They conjured up some spirits from 72 and killed us.

I still do not think the pats will go undefeated this season---if they happen to go unbeaten in the reg season, I think someone will beat them in the post season. Too much pressure.

• 3 weeks later...
Not that the Bears were even in the same world as the Pats but Miami beat us for the first time last year and they were almost as bad. They conjured up some spirits from 72 and killed us.

I still do not think the pats will go undefeated this season---if they happen to go unbeaten in the reg season, I think someone will beat them in the post season. Too much pressure.

Well, They did it! There was some definite nail biters (Colts, Ravens, Philly, and Giants games), but you can't expect a team to blow out people consistently. All the teams in the league are Professional Football teams that can beat anyone on "any given Sunday". I believe the Patroits did this with class and don't understand all the "Haters" nation wide. The whole Spygate thing was exaggerated by the media and BTW all these teams were doing the same types of things to try and gain an edge. The Pats since 2001 have exemplified the essence of what a team Should be. That is why they have garnered so much success. They are a mentally and physically tough and intelligent footbal team. It has always been a team first concept. That is why they have been able to beat heavily favored teams in the past(Rams01, Steelers01 and 04, Colts 03 and 04 Chargers 06).

As Far as this year's playoffs, I believe that they will be challanged, but still prevail. I have a lot of Respect for the Colts and Jacksonville. They will present a challange because they are balanced teams. No One in the NFC scares me. Even Dallas, who we beat already, have a terrible secondary and Brady will pick it apart. What does everyone else think?

• Forum MVP

The Pats/Giants game was the first Pats game I watched this year. The Pats are very, very impressive. Everyone will be rooting for them to lose (except the hometown crowd, of course), and the pressure will mount with each game in the playoffs. Going 16-0 immediately puts them into contention for "best team ever" honors. They'll only be in the conversation and not a consensus "best team ever", if they don't win it all. They know that.

I wonder if Belichik will show is team tapes of the '85 Bears' playoff run? Round one: Bears-21 - Giants-0; Round two: Bears-24 - Rams-0; Super Bowl: Bears-46 - Patriots-10. No team in NFL history has posted such a dominant post season as that.

• Forum MVP
I wonder if Belichik will show is team tapes of the '85 Bears' playoff run? Round one: Bears-21 - Giants-0; Round two: Bears-24 - Rams-0; Super Bowl: Bears-46 - Patriots-10. No team in NFL history has posted such a dominant post season as that.

Still haven't forgiven Ditkafor having Fridge take in that touchdown run. I don't think Ditka has forgiven himself for that either.

NE I think will lose to someone in the playoffs or Super Bowl but if they do run the table they will have to be considered the best ever.

Watching that Pat/Giants game at halftime of the Ram's Head show, I asked Mike333 if he thought the 85 bears team would be able to beat them and he said that the bears weren't able to beat Miami that year so why would they be able to beat NE. I have to admit that Brady seems to be able to find answers for anything and he might very well have figured out a way to beat that 85 team. The fact that they are doing this without a running game is all the more crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody did it better than Sweetness...makes me feel sad for the rest.Nobody does it half as good as you.Baby,Walter Payton,You were the best. :wub: "Never Die Easy"

that's a good Payton quote...

but in my opinion, the greatest thing he ever said was:

"tommorrow is promised to no one"

put the two together, and I think you can see why he's my favorite football player - maybe even favorite athelete of all time

• 2 weeks later...

Archived