12/29/2007

Guest wirthling

Guest wirthling

1977-02-27, I think. My recollection of the sequence of the first set is jumbled but all the pieces are there. It was a treat having DJ and Lisa in the same show and the setlist is pretty close to my ideal, so this one gets a big fat thumbs up from me.

This show melted my face away.

I have just never ever EVER!!

Highlights.....EVERYTHING!! The sets just seemed to go on and on into one more exploding tune after another.

Rams Head is such a great place. I was blessed to have a spot with a view and room to dance, dance, dance.

And I got to do so with just everyone, but especially the lovely rowlisa and her wonderful rowjimmy. Wow. It was great to see just everyone. Special thanks to New Jersey STeve for arranging the killer dinner, and thanks to steve and chris for getting me there and back!! And special thanks also to Susan for just everything.

Thank you DSO for the finest night.

Love,

Kira

Guest Charles from Oregon

Thanks for letting us know so fast what the boys and girls are playing, Love that setlist, WOW! That must have been smokin! and an awesome filler to boot. I always get the Grateful Dead/ DSO itch this time of year. Can't wait for the spring!! Cut the rug for me!!

Guest darbysdad

That Show Was Just ...Well....Just Way Way Good.

Great Vibes Everywhere-I Have Never Had So Much Body Contact With The Dancing Folks Around Us

Great Energy From Minglewood To Ripple And The Dew And The Jack Straw-Donna And Lisa Just Having So Much Fun Up There...Totally Infectious.Must Be Something In The Water At Ram's Head Because They Flat Out Played Their Asses Off

Kyle,Lauren,Fennario,Et Al,See You Soon

This show melted my face away.

I have just never ever EVER!!

Highlights.....EVERYTHING!! The sets just seemed to go on and on into one more exploding tune after another.

Rams Head is such a great place. I was blessed to have a spot with a view and room to dance, dance, dance.

And I got to do so with just everyone, but especially the lovely rowlisa and her wonderful rowjimmy. Wow. It was great to see just everyone. Special thanks to New Jersey STeve for arranging the killer dinner, and thanks to steve and chris for getting me there and back!! And special thanks also to Susan for just everything.

Thank you DSO for the finest night.

Love,

Kira

Also one of my favorite DSO shows ever! Sorry I could't make it to the dinner. Had to make that unplanned, quick??? drive from Baltimore to Jersey and back on Saturday afternoon. Got to the Rams Head just in time to catch the end of the Tricksters (really hot!). Sorry I missed you. I looked around but couldn't find you in the crowd and tried leaving a mesage on your voice mail but it was way too loud to hear anything. Oh well, I guess I'll see you during the spring east coast tour :) .

• Forum MVP

I wish i had the words...

so many wonderful people, awesome setlist, plenty of room to dance.

as for the music i can't say much...just thank you.

I have this show(dead) and totally didn't realize that they were playing it...or maybe I just didn't care.

part of me wishes I were going to red bank tonight, but the other part of me knows that my legs need rest for tomorrow night.

thank you to everyone who shared the experience. I have nothing but love for all of you.

NEW YEARS!

Guest rowjimmy

What a great night at Ram's Head!! Dinner with friends, NJ Steve & Areida (sp?), NWJSteve & Kris, and of course Kira...:)

Show was off the hook.....time for a costume change and down to Red Bank.

Peace

What can I say, definetly one of the top shows of the year and there were so many great show; being it is that time of year for reflection. What a year, thank you DSO for everything, thank you everyone I have come to know so much better this past year. What a show. Being down front in front of Donna and Lisa was spectacular. When the St. Stephen started the 4 steve's all acknowledged each other in an awesome cosmic synchronicity, (don't know where Fancy and Queen Steve were????, anyone see them?). Well once again I am short on words, it will take time to process. I am blown away and looking so forward to this evening. Catch you all there.

Namaste, Kris

• Forum MVP
That was one of the best shows I have seen in a while. The set list was off the hook! It was great to see donna with lisa singing thier hearts out to us.

Tremendously strong show.......from '77......one of my favorite GD years.

Once again, the band brought it 110%. I had a prime spot next to the front balcony rail. Great venue.......peaceful vibe........no nazi security vibe.

In addition to the musical highlights already mentioned, I really enjoyed the concise but smokin' drumz.

Peace to all..........can't wait for NYE !!

regards, acududeman.

• Advisory Board
Herdy, you don't like Johnny?

I know there are many who don't...

I like the song, I just don't like it when DSO plays it... JBG usually means, end of the show, and that tune just really irritates me in so many ways for ending a show... Some of you older heads hated Day Job, I hate Johnny B Goode...

• Forum MVP
I like the song, I just don't like it when DSO plays it... JBG usually means, end of the show, and that tune just really irritates me in so many ways for ending a show... Some of you older heads hated Day Job, I hate Johnny B Goode...

There were many old school heads who thought that song was a total throw away. I love the raunchy leads on it, 2 of them, (from Garcia or John) if you're lucky. I also liked the Weir hand signals on "You're name will be in lights saying JBG tonight," but I know I'm pretty much alone in that one.

I do have this early 70's Johnny that is preceded by Garcia stepping up to the mike and saying, "OK, this one is what it's all about folks."

Also, it seems like every really really big show had a Johnny like last show in 74, closing of Winterland etc... but it seems people either loved that one or hated it.

Have a blast on the cruise man--try not to fall off...

Archived