12/30/07 Count Basie Theater

Fennario

Here's what I can recall. The first set is missing a few songs and is in no particular order. I'm pretty sure that the second set is correct.

Set 1

Cold Rain & Snow

Passenger

Me & My Uncle>Mexicali Blues

Greatest Story

Mr Charlie

Candyman

Midnight Moonlight

Run For The Roses

Lazy River road

Set 2

Truckin>

UJB>

Lost Sailor>

Saint>

Dark Star>

Space>

Drums>

Fire on the Mountain>

I Need a Miracle

Cosmic Charlie

Touch

A couple of odd points; I left a bit early and heard 'Touch of Grey' reverberating all over Red Bank. Very cool.

In the front on the left this guy kept bumping into me and I told him to cut it out. He was freaking out over some handicapped or old (she seemed to stand fine) lady who needed to see since she had front row seats. Anyhow, that lady then shoved some kid and almost knocked him over. Strange vibe.

Great Cold Rain opener; I felt every line. Passenger smoked. Fennario; you forgot the killer set closer Midnight Moonlight! Uncle John's was great, but that Fire! Frozen in the cold rain and flamed on again. When will it end?

Guest rowjimmy

Another solid show. Drums really stood out for me tonight.

Highlight was dancing to Fire with my daughter standing on the seat. We enjoyed dining with friends, old and new, as well.

Peace

Would add the that the filler, let it rock and we bid you good nite, were great, as was the whole nite, particularly after the drums where DSO definately hit a groove and just played everything fantastic. Looking forward to the next Count Basie show, should there be one, and all the renovations to the place, that are definately needed. the net on the ceiling was crazy.

• Forum MVP

didn't got to this one so can't give the set list but i am guessing that the missing songs in the first set aren't big ones like visions and hopefully no Sing Me in the filler slot.

Was reading about the history of the theatre they are playing tonight and it looks like a very cool place. I'll be wearing an old school Lesh shirt dancing without rhythm in the 4th row (I'll be with a bro who's from the school they tore down to make room for the school they now call old school...).

An early happy new year to all on here and wishes for a absolutely fantastic year for everyone.

Great show, during Cosmic Charlie I felt as if I was leaving the ground. It was an extremely cool dance swing thing I was doing with my husband. Didn't keep it up too long, just long enough to have a marvelous time. I felt that the band was too far away on the stage. they were set back, way back. I prefer up close and personal.

There was a bad moment with the woman in the front and the young man who had too much of everything. Thankfully it didn't last long, he was ousted by security. Where is a Steve when you need him?

The venue shut down shop and I couldn't get anything to drink when I ventured up during drums, wonder when they stopped selling refreshments? Who was that drummer?????? Very cool drumming. Can't wait till tonight. It has been such a wonderful year.

I Love You, but Jesus loves you the best and we bid you Goodnight, Goodnight, Goodnight and We Bid You Goodnight, Goodnight, Goodnight.

Be safe and have a Happy New Year Everyone, Kris

THANKS AGAIN DSO!

Another great show. Lisa ROCKS!

Had to bolt during Fire, but everything was hot and sounds like it got hotter.

DRUMS were special last nite and grately appreciated!

PISSED I missed the end of this show; MIRACLE/COSMIC/TOUCH(Loser).

And Let it Rock/Bid u Goodnite(Double Loser).

Thanks for saving S.S. for NYE! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR DSO & EVERYONE!

Peace,

Woj

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I loved the 3 Jerry tunes,that was a treat.The situation that James was talking about ,Tom from stone Pony security got the dude thrown out for us.Nothing wrong with dancing & having a grate time but the lack of respect for other people was not cool.

This has been an unbelievable year for shows .Words can not desribe the love I have for all the wonderful people my wife & I have met becouse of this incredible energy that is being transformed upon us at this moment in our lives becouse of this scene. Thank Yous all, thank you DSO , thank you god.-------Steve

Here's what I can recall. The first set is missing a few songs and is in no particular order. I'm pretty sure that the second set is correct.

Set 1

Cold Rain & Snow

Passenger

Me & My Uncle>Mexicali Blues

Greatest Story

Mr Charlie

Candyman

Midnight Moonlight

Run For The Roses

Lazy River road

Set 2

Truckin>

UJB>

Lost Sailor>

Saint>

Dark Star>

Space>

Drums>

Fire on the Mountain>

I Need a Miracle

Cosmic Charlie

Touch

Very fun show! I can add Strange Man to the 1st set! Thank you Lisa!!!!!!

Guest Rob Eaton

I believe the set list was:

Cold Rain & Snow->

On The Road Again->

Lazy RIver Road

Passenger

Run For The Roses

Me & My Uncle->

Mexicali Blues

Mr Charlie

Candyman

Greatest Story->

Strange Man->

Midnight Moonlight

#2:

Truckin->

Uncle Johns Band->

Lost Sailor->

St of Circumstance->

Dark Star->

Space->

Drums->**

Fire on the Mountain->

I Need a Miracle->

Cosmic Charlie->

Touch of Grey

Encore:

Let it Rock->

Bid You Goodnight

**= With Jim Monia from Border Legion on drums

• Forum MVP

If it takes till today at 1:33pm for Eaton to post the correct setlist from last night (finally) ... all you goofballs MUST have been having all kinds of pre new years eve fun !!!

All the times I have seen DSO I dont think I have heard a "Lazy River Road" ..

Also got to love that 2nd set Sailor>Saint.... I enjoy the way Eaton does that little tune...

"Passenger" AND "Run for the Roses" AND "Greatest Story" INTO "Strange Man" in the 1st set... I bet Lisa enjoyed doing that for her birthday...

Nothing like a little "Fire>Miracle" .... I bet that was fun, fun, fun...

"Mr. Charlie" !! ... 'nuf said... correct Mr. Barraco.....

"Let It Rock" .... folks did you all know that the one and only, Mr. Chuck Berry, is responsible for that little tune...and John does a fine job with it... plus being the encore I bet it was sweeeeetttt

"Touch of Grey" to close out the 2nd set... can somebody pinch me !!!

also nice to see Rob K. and Dino have a little company on Drums (they do get lonely and are people to you know) ....

the only thing I see missing was maybe a "Broken Arrow" from Kevin..... maybe next time my friend...

EVERYONE ENJOY TONIGHT AND BE SAFE....

Just arrived back home after the 5 1/2 hour hall northbound. Came home to yet another foot of snow that fell overnight and another 8 inches is forcasted tomorrow. This morning in the Courtyard Marriot I was sitting in the actual courtyard sooking what felt like 40 degree sun and looking at the green grass. I sat there 100% full vessel, blissed out. Today, I honestly feel like it is ~already~ 2008 and for me it is!

Loved the massive Buddha in the Thai restaurant a block away from the theatre - it looks ancient.... and also check out that Irish pub 2 blocks away (next time).

Everyone and the band and crew HAPPY NEW YEAR! and thank you for helping make life sweeter (we'll see how it feels in the end....).

Kindest and warmest regards,

Frank

Guest Gosan197

Definatly a very awsome set. My first DSO show. Passenger was great and the grove was good. However it was Grey that cinched the night. What happened with the security during the second set? Also does anyone have a recording (I was in row 'O' and a few seats to my left there was a mic setup)?

Best Moment: Old Couple next to me (really old) lit a joint and started puffing away like a chimney. They must have consumed 4-5 jays in the concert.

Archived