Any Reviews from the Jam Cruise yet?

Guest Charles from Oregon

Guest crazy digits

I can tell you that the largest bar tab on the boat was $1300. The guy won a prize as he should have!!

Drinks were 3-4 each approx. To be honest, I have no idea who the guy was......but do know that he has problems!

Nautically oil spotted ( man overboard ) would have been sure death with the boat traveling at 21 knots which equals about 30 MPH ( I think? ) We traveled about 870 miles in a little more than a day and one half to Roatan, Hondoras....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest captain420
John had the black little guitar on the boat

I figured he would have took the Steinberger...anytime space is an issue, i.e. Amsterdam.

Herdy, you won a prize for your tab? ;)

• Forum MVP

post-405-1199943903_thumb.jpg

Jam Cruise was a freaking Blast! Way way fun!

Next year is probably already sold out by the people who were on it this year ( an exaggeration but not much of one. The secret plan is to tell everyone it was no fun so that there will be tickets to be had.) It was really off the hook. Some spectacular jams in the late night jam room from 12:00 to 6:00 every night where it (the vibe) was almost always happening... Really sick jams from members of all the musicians aboard playing together. I had a ton of fun hanging with all the regulars and met many great new people as well. Thanks for the good times!

I've never posted a photo so I hope this works. This was shot during a ride in the elevator. For more photo's give me a day or so and I will post them on my web site at http://www.myspace.com/dinoenglishhome

Guest captain420
post-405-1199943903_thumb.jpg

Jam Cruise was a freaking Blast! Way way fun!

Next year is probably already sold out by the people who were on it this year ( an exaggeration but not much of one. The secret plan is to tell everyone it was no fun so that there will be tickets to be had.) It was really off the hook. Some spectacular jams in the late night jam room from 12:00 to 6:00 every night where it (the vibe) was almost always happening... Really sick jams from members of all the musicians aboard playing together. I had a ton of fun hanging with all the regulars and met many great new people as well. Thanks for the good times!

I've never posted a photo so I hope this works. This was shot during a ride in the elevator. For more photo's give me a day or so and I will post them on my web site at http://www.myspace.com/dinoenglishhome

Hey Dino,

I got this message after trying to view the photo...

-

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

-

• Forum MVP

It is weird - when you click on the "image" link from your post you get the message quoted by Mason. When you reply, as I am doing now, the previous posts below with the "image" link quoted show the picture (albeit 94% reduced). When you then click on either of those mini-me pics to view the full-size pic you get the error message again. The pic, even in its tiny version, does look like everyone was having too damn much fun...

my memory is slowly returning

the Friday DSO show was 1978 - maybe San Bernadino, CA?

okay only sort of coming back

The Bridge and the Motet really blew my mind

Sharon Jones is a dancing mad woman

no time to sleep on the boat

I am so tired

can't wait to see photos

anyone get a shot fo John w/Kimock?

let me know

Ellen

• Advisory Board

Broadway Theatre show (Saturday Night)

4-11-78 Fox Theatre

1: Bertha> Good Lovin, FOTD, Me & My Uncle> Big River, Tennessee Jed, L. L. Rain,

B. E. Women, Minglewood, Deal

2: Samson, Scarlet> Fire, Sunrise> Terrapin> Drumz> Iko Iko> Sugar Magnolia

E: Johnny B. Goode

Filler: ??>China>Rider

So Jamcruise..... Fuckin' WOW! By far, better then Amsterdam in my opinion. I've never experienced anything like it, and can not WAIT to get back on that boat! From the never ending music from 11am till 6am (the jam room is by far the coolest place I've ever been in my life), to the people on the boat, to the staff, to the people producing the festival (Glad I don't have to hear Julie McCoy's voice anymore though over the loudspeaker), to just about everything!

When I say everything, I'll try to ramble off a few memories here... feel free tp jump in...........................the people counting down to New Years (10, 9, 8, ..... 1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!) every 5 minutes by the back pool bar shooting sparks and glitter over everyone for a full 6 hours, Captain Crabtree running around the deck, the guy who had to be pulled up on to the ship by rope while passed out from Cozumel, the elevator ride with Dino and company (his picture I'm assuming), THE FUCKIN' JAM ROOM!, the hallways and room doors, the endless buffets, the costumes, smoking on the back deck, The Bridge!, Sharon Jones and Col. Bruce, and Kimmock with Lisa on the Lovelight, Sharon Jones rockin' my world, Perpetual Groove, Franti and Spearhead, overhearing the funniest stories, Barry and his "Chicken" story, Dunebuggying across Cozumel with Koritz and company stopping to snorkel, then to eat, then to lay on the beach a while, getting sunburnt on my face, tripping my fool head off numerous times, laying on my back watching the brightest stars i've seen in years, watching the sunset over the carribean, meeting so many new friends, and partying through with old friends...

This is all I can conjure up after getting 15 hours of sleep, but I know there's about a billion more memories from that ship...

I tell you people, this is not the party to be missed!!!!! Book it NOW!

Guest Hope Jordan

I got home last night from Jamcrusie. Friend, there is a tear in my eye. If you have not gone on Jamcruise....begin saving now. It was the MOST AMAZING experience ever!! They played in the Broadway theatre and out on the Pool Deck....the pool deck show....Jack Straw, The Bird Song, The Alligator song, Row Jimmy.... And not only are DSO playing for you, but they are hanging around, dancing, eating dinner with you....it was out of control. What was even more insane was an area called the Jamroom where members of DSO (two Robs) burned the house down with members from the Bridge, Steve Kimmock...it was sound, groove like no other...went on for hours until after 6 in the morning....the Jam room was bliss. On another note, Oh You Pretty things....rocked David Bowie tunes...the deck was rocking.

No excuses next year....go...you will literally have the time of your life.

Guest crazy digits

filler first night wheel china>rider...herdy you did well brother.......btw, we talked about telling everyone it sucked but its hard to lie...always has been for me.

so many mirrors

did I say mirrors?so many mirrors on the boat

after awhile you just can't look anymore

mirrors mirrors everywhere

I am still trying to get my land legs back

dancing was easier than walking on the boat

now I find walking very difficult on land

maybe need to dance some more to set my mind straight

I am sooooo glad I went!!!

Guest johnmuir

I guess its obvious how everyone stays up all night every night. Cocaine and other stimulants . I think I know enough to not do any of that dangerous crap

I guess its obvious how everyone stays up all night every night. Cocaine and other stimulants . I think I know enough to not do any of that dangerous crap

Johnmuir.....i for one would appreciate you keeping comments like that off the board and to yourself. Just my opinion....but what r you thinking???

I don't know about anyone else

But I napped every day in anticipation of staying up all night every night

preplanning helps get me through and keep dancin'

otherwise I use EmergenC and amino acids if I am flagging

but yea if you like chemical stimulants

they are everywhere

then there are those good ole standbys - sugar & caffeine

Okay

I am on land in Florida

sleep deprived and brain dead

I have no set list

I am lame like that

but the Friday night show was the best

in the inside theatre

place was not very full

I remember it was a pretty standard set list but super fun

John had the black little guitar on the boat

Monday's outdoor set was challenging

it was super windy and rough seas so the boat was rocking

they only played 2.5 hours and it seemed too short

nice Run for the Roses

about all I can remember

the highlights for me were

Warren singing Stella Blue with Kimock (made me cry)

seeing John play my boyfriend Matt's guitar in the Jam Room with Kimock and Fishman

dancing in the disco with Herdy, James & Dino

breakfast with Cam after an all nighter

hanging with Rob Barraco in Honduras

so much more but I can't really remember

maybe it will come back to after I get some sleep

missed all you guys

off to Cali

Ellen

Jeez, the boat was rockin????... I sure hope Rob Eaton kept his food down!!!!

• Advisory Board

Awful strong words for someone who doesn't know any of us...

So what you're saying, is that everyone who was up at 6am jamming in the room, being it dancing, or playing, was on some kind of stimulant.... I think you might want to rethink that thought my friend, some people, including band members, might take that as an insult...

Music is a pretty strong stimulant....

• Forum MVP
Music is a pretty strong stimulant....

How true.

I remember getting very little sleep during my bachelor party weekend last year and feeling like I was going to fall asleep on the floor at the GAMH, but by John's first solo in the Music opener I was as AWAKE.

Music is a powerful catalyst.

Guest captain420

Don't get all worked up people...

If you didn't do coke, then you would fall under the "other stimulants" category, which is everything else but coke...

Archived