#1500 - Chicago - The Vic

jfolks

• Forum MVP

okay, this is what i got. set 2 may be incomplete.

Original Setlist

--Set I--

Liberty

Stranger

Sittin on top of the world

cassady

we can run

dire wolf*

masterpiece*

lazy river road

GSET

run for the roses

unbroken chain

--Set II--

Andy Griffith Show Tease>

Women R Smarter>

Shakedown>

Easy Wind>

Viola Lee>

Drumz>

Space>

The Eleven TEASE>

Attics>

t. stones>

alligator>

lovelight

E: brokedown

*Eaton on acoustic

Looks veryyyyy tasty indeed....congrats on 1,500 DSO....hope you all have a blast tonight!

Got another stage pic from Rowjimmy about an hour ago, tryiing to get it off the cell and onto the forum but I am slightly gooned at the moment and entirely too technically challenged to figure it out... sorry...

Congrats on 1500 and here's to looking forward to another 1500 future shows!!

Cheers! :cheers:

Alex911sc

There was also a bit of Mountain Jam in Alligator. They followed Alligator with a truly amazing Lovelight. The encore was Brokedown. The best Greatest Story I've ever heard! Viola Lee was also a highlight for me. 1500? Does that mean it was DSO's 1500th show or the show rated a 1500 on a scale of 1 to 10? :D

Guest crazy digits

what a terrific weekend....was so surprised to see Emma, T Matt and Leslie among all the others....last night's show was my pick between the 2 shows.....The greatest Story tonight may have been the best I have heard ( eary GTET )...We are lucky..very lucky! Peace.

okay, this is what i got. set 2 may be incomplete.

Original Setlist

--Set I--

Liberty

Stranger

Sittin on top of the world

cassady

we can run

dire wolf*

masterpiece*

lazy river road

GSET

run for the roses

unbroken chain

--Set II--

Andy Griffith Show Tease>

Women R Smarter>

Shakedown>

Easy Wind>

Viola Lee>

Drumz>

Space>

The Eleven TEASE>

Attics>

t. stones>

alligator>

lovelight

E: brokedown

*Eaton on acoustic

Awesome! Great setlist with a "wish we were there" feeling. Thanks Jordan for being our reporter. Congrats DSO on 1500, and hoping you don't stop that train!

Peace.

Guest redfish

Great Time was had by all - used to be a weird phenom that I would bump into someone I haven't seen in awhile, at an East Coast Show, out of NOWHERE - up in the balcony, ran into a few guys from NJ, including njsteve - felt like old times - GOFIGYA

I really liked the song selection - SMOKIN GREATEST STORY

• Forum MVP

Blindman left me a message at like 8:30 AM Seattle time as he was waiting at O'Hare for his flight home. Granted this was, what, at least 8 hours after the show finished. His message was basically incoherant mumbling with a scattering of "Holy f***ing shit", "I have no grip at all right now", "You've got to be f***ing kidding me", "You wouldn't f***ing believe it", etc. Couldn't, or didn't, list one single song but after seeing list, I completely understand. I haven't heard him like that in YEARS!!!

Congrats on the 1500th. I will definitely be there for #2000. I don't care where it is or how much grief I get.

Truly a wonderful night - flying in for 1 night was worth every penny. Emma, Teachermatt, and Leslie, I am elated to have seen you and danced with you. It just wasn't long enough :( I feel so blessed to have all of you and this music.

As for the show, I think that may have been the most I have ever seen Lisa glow (and she glows all the time!). Greatest story was exactly that....it was the greatest. Went by way too fast as always.

Hope to see some folks over the President's day holiday weekend.

Thank you DSO and congratulations on 1500. Hope everyone is enjoying a nice day off.

xoxo,

Lisa

Two nights two incredible shows!!!! the energy was unbelievable , the band was on fire ! once again we left in awe of how incredible DSO both as a band as well an experience truly are ... It was also very nice to once again put so many new faces to names ( a great group as usual) , it's hard to believe it has come and gone so quickly , but for now and until the next time , Congratulations DSO on #1500 it truly appears you are enjoying ride..Thank you

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I enjoyed every minute :rolleyes:

The Alligator with Mountain Jam tease>Lovelight closer ... very, very nice..

Brokedown Palace was an excellent ending to the weekend.. :wub:

Seeing old friends for the first time in awhile is always a joy... Christophe, Josed, Chuck Vegas, Lisa (who by the way I love the long hair), the band and crew, ..

Always a pleasure to make plans and spend time with my 2 best tour/show buddies.. brothers Phoenix Mike and Ryan

It was nice to see a few of us who were also at Show #1000... Bix, Looky, Emma, Prescott, and myself...

like to thank anddave for his efforts on tickets and to clear the air with a fine person, Nantucket..

Finally, my lovely lady, Leslie who enjoys the shows as much as myself.. Thanks baby !!

I am also proud of the fact that I was at show #500, #1000, and #1500

• Forum MVP

Sittin on Top of the World

Easy Wind

Viola Lee

Alligator

...all in one show!! To see the Dead do that I would've had to sneak out of my crib. Let alone the lovely unbroken chain which for me was loooooooong overdue.

DSO is the best trip going.

(edited to add SOTOTW which I neglected in the original post)

Easy Wind

Viola Lee

Alligator

...all in one show!! To see the Dead do that I would've had to sneak out of my crib. Let alone the lovely unbroken chain which for me was loooooooong overdue.

DSO is the best trip going.

Except for Throwing Stones, Shakedown, and Women Smarter pretty much the entire second set was from the 60's (Attics may heve been from early 1970 but I'm not going to quibble over a few months):D:D. Hell, even the Andy Griffith theme was from the 60's. I had a fantastic time over the weekend. Great to see old faces and meet new ones.

• Forum MVP
But I dont remember the andy griffith tease to start 2nd set... can anybody verify...

I wasn't there so I could very well be wrong but I assumed it was something Rob was playing around with on the keys the way Vince would do Woody Woodpecker, among other things--not a whole band thing.

Archived