Eyes Of The World

Drums

The Other One

Black Peter

Good Lovin'

Encore:

One More Saturday Night

Filler: Like a Road

Out of the two that I saw recently, Cleveland and Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh reigned supreme. I thought the band took more chances, and were just ON from start to finish. Glad to get a Minglewood in my home city so I can hear about them Pittsburgh Fillies. Bird Song and L.L.Rain were fantastic, especially the Bird Song. It went WAAAAY out there. Deal almost set the stage on fire.

Got to mention the venue. OLD music hall, wooden seats, one of the stuffier/well-to-do places you'll see a DSO show. But beautiful to see the lights bouncing around as the music played. And the place/staff had a very mellow vibe, I thought; they didn't seem to mind bending the rules for many people. PLEASE play here again, in fact, play the 'Burgh more!!! At Burgh shows the crowd is always SOOO excited and appreciative, maybe because as a city we're kinda music-starved. Just my 2. That, and Colorado gets all the shows. :) Begin THAT discussion (again) here.

Shakedown always is a crowd pleaser. The absolute most dreadfully played Shakedown would still get the crowd going, but this one was about 100% the opposite of that! So, it was WELL received to say the least. Estimated's slower, low-key 2nd jam rivaled it's upbeat predacessor, and the transition into the Eyes was so simple and elegant I was kinda awestruck. Freakishly fabulous floggings on the drums lead to a Space that did NOT telegraph The Other One; normally I hear The Other One in the Space light years before it actually happens (sometimes I THINK it's coming and it doesn't - shows how much I know!).

The Other One. The Other One was one of "those" Other One's that gets filed under "intense". Long, and intense, like psycotic intense. It was THAT good. My first Black Peter in a WHILE was a real treat. I had been dying to hear it.. heh, dying, Black Peter, pun not intended.. sorry. Thought Around was coming from the Peter for sure, but Good Lovin is what they played originally. It and the Saturday Night rocked that old place rightous.

Kinda unlikely that in 8.5 years of seeing this band that not until tonight did I get to see an '83 show. Guess that's just how the numbers fall. Good things come to those who wait! Like A Road filler is STILL in my head. I don't see it leaving anytime soon. The ONLY disappointment from tonight was not getting a Box or a Tom Thumb on Kevin's Birthday. Hmm, Do It In The Drums woulda been even better! Maybe next time at a show I'll catch that action.

Thank you all for a real good time.

Hey Shad, thanks for the review. I appreciate your perspective very much. I wish I could put into words my show expereince the way you do!

I saw you at one point just throw your hands up in the air "how can they get any better!" There were some intense jams.

The energy was strong at points, so much so that is seemed like the energy was running the show, not the band. It usually works the other way around for me...

Anyway, this band is almost too good to be true, I hope they can keep the ship a float for a few more years!!!

Much love DSO....

My recording sounds amazing! I had some user error in the begining of the show and my batteries died durring Good Lovin, but this might be my best tape I ever pulled.

Dan was pushing that PA system to the extreams. Fantastic job! The sound was so good that when the PA fedback I just brushed it off. Takes skill and balls to push a PA like that!!!!

Great fucking times!!!

• Forum MVP

The band was fantastic (getting used to that!) and the acoustics of the place was astounding.

Still I hope whoever got the itch to play the library in Mundhall is satisfied. To be metaphoric, sort of like N'Sync playin Winterland.I realize perhaps that Mr. Smalls is a bit to small..but there are better venues for this band than this....I felt like they were shoe horned in there..not the best fit.

Very hard to dance...especially with friends...#1 reason I go

Local bars...uhhh..unsafe and far away

Couldn't even put a foot in the aisle without being adminished

Summary...Can't drink, can't smoke, can't dance...If thy play there again I'll listen to the tape with friends where i can at least get 1 out of three

Chicago (2), Indy, Columbus, Pitt..........DSO THANK YOU (again) for a real good time.

See you all................................on the run...in the summer

The venue was cool, I like these old theaters. It's the first time I remember us playing on a Shakespearian style stage.. It was kinda funny watching all the cases roll to the front of the stage. "All the world's a stage" "If music be the food of love, play on!"

The acoustics were... well... unfriendly to say the least, and the PA was less than optimal. But I must say, working with Healy was just

incredible. Certainly one of the pinnacle moments of my career to serve as his system tech. Having an opportunity to collectively collaborate with someone that has so greatly influenced my work and inspired my career goals. Pretty fuckin' cool man.... What a day.

The show was great. Estimated-->Eyes Rocked... Other one wavered in and out and exploded with a nice intensity.

Dancing with Lisa and Miss Bisco Disco was a blast (you guys have great energy!) :wub:

Chuck Vegas is still my hero. ;) haha :lol:

Archived