Pittsburgh

Guest andyman

Guest andyman

Might as Well, post, after last night's show I had to get on and just express my PROFOUND THANKS

to the Band as they helped my wife and i...blow out the tubes...as Jerry used to say.

First of all we do not get out much and after Jerry's passing my beautiful wife, mother of our three kids,

just was not excited to go see DSO. I kept saying Honey, they are good you should go, you'll have fun. I fortunately have seen DSO several times and always enjoyed the show. I would still think boy I miss Jerry and it could be louder but that was it...Well last light you didn't hear any of my bitchin about the sound level...it helped being front row jerry side right by the speakers...and Dan the MAN really turned it up... I still miss Jerry, but DSO is nailing it, I shut my eyes several times and was there, the same eternal bliss I experienced at numerous(I think I saw about 70 dead shows) (my wife over a hundred) dead shows I tapped into last night and so did my wife thanks to this great band.

My wife and I hugged last night more than we have in months, kids will do that to ya. My highlights were the whole fuckin show no seriously, Tennessee Jed, who else plays that song but DSO, and it just rocked. My wife turns to me and says you know the dead would always play Brother Esau around now and Damn if she didn't call it. Still cool. Ship of Fools, how tasty a song is that, I remember lying in my tent at Alpine in 87 on twelve inches of Wisconsin grass, (the next year they killed all the grass dumped in rocks and put up a fence) just floating around 3 am. you know what i mean people, and somebody had that song playing in the lot and I just REMEMBER how soulful Jerry sounded how right i felt and I heard it all again last night. Thanks Guys! Back to last night's show my wife will back me up but I said after all the songs we had heard up til then, I said...man honey if they play estimated eyes I will be happy...I really said I will shoot a load in my pants right here...well they did, I didn't but my dancing got real funky as only a hot and tasty Estimated will bring out. Then and it has already been mentioned but that OTHER ONE was executed with such force and intensity that for all who were there...Coming around now, coming around, coming around NOW...WOW that song right there was worth the price of admission. All the members of the BAnd were on, I mean spot on with crystal clarity, I was listening really hard and I have heard it said before by musicians that when the audience is focused on the music it creates an energy that taps into that eternal bliss that surrounds us all. well it did last night.

Personally been through somes rough times in this here life as we all have and will, the Grateful Dead through their music, lyrics that speak to each individual personally, essentially helped me cope with that shit sandwich we all get to eat sometimes and it helped me cope for one by not thinking about anything but the music while at a show, try to be stressed out about anything while singing...you can't close the doors when the walls cave in... and cultivated within me a basic positive attitude with a sense of humor.

Hey, I don't want to get to deep here, my main point is DSO last night reminded me of how important that perspective is and how important dancing like nobody is watching is to the soul. My wife told me today that she remembered last night why she feel in love with me and it ain't my dance moves!

It's fun, being around someone who is funny makes life enjoyable. Going to see DSO is fun!

Thanks again for turning on my wife, no I did not get lucky last night, we were too tired, sore and the babies needed attention when we got home, what i mean is DSO through the music of the Grateful Dead reminded my wife of the FUN. period. Thanks for that. I would be remiss to not mention two last things about the show. Like a Road, who among us that has experienced a loss of a loved one or friend was not comforted by that soulful rendition that eased the pain of a such a loss by basically saying it's ok, acceptance of a loss, surrending to the fact that the person is gone and smiling at their memory is the way to peace. I recall reading Ken Kesey in the tribute to Jerry saying about Jerry's guitar that it was like a white hot snake flickering in and out of the woodpile, well it was flickering last night, fuckin A it was. Well, DSO, thanks again and please be coming around now...(soon) to Pittsburgh. Like I told all my friends...If you call yourself a fan of the Grateful Dead you must go see Dark Star Orchestra or you are a fucking idiot. Wish I could make Motown, but alas responsibilities. Thanks DSO for allowing me to forget them for four hours last night just like the boys used to do for me Oh so long ago.

Guest cheesusfreak

Trust me folks, andyman & his wife DESERVED a good time! Life has thrown them quite a few curves lately. We're SO glad you guys made it out neighbor.

And once again, thank you DSO for doing what you do. You continue to amaze us each time. Bless you for keeping the LOVELIGHT on!!!

Don

WV

:dsorocks:

Guest cheesusfreak
Yeah that was an amazing show...really nice venue :) great estimated! Thanks again guys, you never me down.

Don where you?

Ah shoot, I think we were right behind you for the 2nd set. Were you all the way to the right front row w/ another girl? If so, I was the srawny little white dude in the ballcap right behind you. I kinda spaced that we were gonna meet. Are you doing Morgantown?

Don

WV

Ah shoot, I think we were right behind you for the 2nd set. Were you all the way to the right front row w/ another girl? If so, I was the srawny little white dude in the ballcap right behind you. I kinda spaced that we were gonna meet. Are you doing Morgantown?

Don

WV

Yeah that was me :) The next show I will be at is the richmond show.

Archived