Charlotte 2-23-08

jackjones

Not sure how the original one was scored (12-14-90 Denver) but here's what I got:

Shakedown

Picasso Moon

Peggy O

Little Red Rooster

Stagger Lee

Masterpiece

To Lay Me Down >

Let it Grow

II

Victim or the Crime>

Foolish Heart>

Women Smarter>

He's Gone>

Drums > Space >

Dark Star>

I Need a Miracle>

Wharf Rat>

Lovelight

e: Knockin on Heaven's Door

Filler: Second that Emotion* (with Lisa)

I'll add some commentary & pics later. Very good time and a packed house.

• Forum MVP

HIGH TIME a couple nights ago, and now TO LAY ME DOWN.....finally finally finally breaking those 2 out!!! Cannot wait to catch DSO perform these 2 songs. very high on my list of tunes to see

...also KNOCKIN !!! don't remember last time I saw one of these!

edit: addition of Knockin'

• Forum MVP
but have you heard the Garcia's version from this Denver show??? He pulls out all the stops and puts a screaming ending on it ala SOTM, Stella or So Many Roads..may be the first incident of the new vocal shout outs by garcia

9/18/90 msg was the first--we just heard this Denver version before the msg one. I remember wearing out that first set for a month. We still were fairly devastated at Brent's passing and that seemed to be the beginning of Garcia using those emotional vocals to cover up a band that was maybe not nearly as good. He even said "give me a break, we just lost out keyboard player and he was a huge part of our band!" The interviewer from Rolling Stone didnt' point out the way they played in 79 though, but I guess it was a different situation.

I also missed that msg To Lay by one show--but thanks, Paul, for your 5th row seats to the 9.16--I did get a Standing and a Dew and a Baby Blue in one single post space (THREE Garcia Ballads, and I was all about the Garcia ballads!). Was one of my measly two Dick's Picks shows attended.

We heard the next version of To Lay at Deer Creek, but unfortunately, Vinnie got a little too loud on his back-up vocals and kind of derailed it. :angry:

We were not pleased with him that night.

i still think 9.14.90 is underrated (did we get a weight and gimmie some as well) on that run and no problem on the seats...i needed that ride back to ohio

creek tlmd was ok, that was overall a very good show and we KNOW what the encore brought...

• Forum MVP
Picasso Moon :icon13:

I remember a Calpo show shortly after that song was written where the drummers refused to play it--waving their sticks back and forth as if to say "Sorry Bob, we're going to have to veto this one."

Bob got his way though and played it.

Mother's day at Shorline 5/12/91 was the only one I got into.

Archived