2-24-08

Dstone5553

• Forum MVP

Friend just called me and said it was none other than Freedom Hall---then he got cut off. The only Freedom hall he could have been talking about it the 6.18.74 MONSTER.

What I am interested in is how they started the Dew encore. Did Kevin start that puppy up in a similar fashion as Phil or did they start it quietly with John leading the way.

edit---here's the list

Band Grateful Dead

Venue Freedom Hall

Location Louisville, KY

Date 6/18/74 - Tuesday posters tickets, passes & laminates

One The Promised Land [3:16] ; It Must Have Been The Roses [5:03] ; Black Throated Wind [6:41] ; Ramble On Rose [6:13] ; Beat It On Down The Line [3:17] ; Loser [6:29] ; Mexicali Blues [3:09] ; Eyes Of The World [15:16] > China Doll [5:54] ; Around And Around [5:12]

Two Loose Lucy [5:01] ; El Paso [4:04] ; Row Jimmy ; Weather Report Suite Prelude [1:21] > Weather Report Suite Part 1 [4:37] > Let It Grow [8:54] > Jam [10:46] > The Other One [19:17] > It's A Sin Jam > Stella Blue [8:10] ; Big River ; Tennessee Jed ; Sugar Magnolia

Encore Morning Dew [12:13]

• Forum MVP

I saw the Dead at Freedom Hall in the early nineties, 93' or 94' I think.

Here it is:

06-15-93 Freedom Hall, Louisville, Ky. (Tue)

1: Stranger, Althea, Wang Dang Doodle, FOTD, Desolation Row, Don't Ease

2: Victim> Crazy Fingers> Estimated> Spoonful> He's Gone> Drumz> Last Time> Morning Dew E: Gloria

• Forum MVP

well there's 4 possibilites of a Freedom Hall show...I doubt DSO performed one of the two from '93..but there's also 4.9.89 .. it's most likely 6.18.74 .. what a show what a show. a classic.

...can't wait to hear about that Dew

• Forum MVP
I saw the Dead at Freedom Hall in the early nineties, 93' or 94' I think.

Here it is:

06-15-93 Freedom Hall, Louisville, Ky. (Tue)

1: Stranger, Althea, Wang Dang Doodle, FOTD, Desolation Row, Don't Ease

2: Victim> Crazy Fingers> Estimated> Spoonful> He's Gone> Drumz> Last Time> Morning Dew E: Gloria

That was a good show. He got that place so quiet you could hear a Q-tip drop, on the quiet lead up to the end of that Dew.

• Forum MVP
probably not going to get an answer to the question about the Dew...

for anyone who was there...did the encore start with a bang or a whisper?

All righty...it was pretty much of a bang, from JK's opening notes. FWIW, Koritz on drums during the show, Dino taking over for Mr. Charlie filler. Fun show, dancing room by stairs to balcony...and this is as close as I come to a review these days.

Archived