st stephen

alligator

dark star v2

attics

throwing stones

touch of grey

encore:

sisters and brothers

hate to say it but disappointing show for me personally. i know many who were in attendance might disagree. the show had its moments (mission, blow away was rocking, attics) and the bands playing was flawless but the song selection just wasnt there for me. call me crazy but the original setlist frustrated me tonight. at one point i felt like i was trapped in a phil lesh and friends set list. the list might have been fit for the richmond crowd though who seemed to love it.

would have loved a days between, so many roads, standing on the moon, if i had the world to give, or broken arrow (more kevin atleast) but what can you do. nothing tops dso.

thanks to the band for fitting tonight into the schedule after the cancellation last friday. any band would have been in the right to just cancel and continue on with the tour seeing as it was the venues fault but not dso. look forward to more shows in the future (ridgefield, mexicali blues, charlottesville (senator eaton was wearing a starr hill brewery shirt at tonights show) )

Guest barbaraann72

I agree.

I felt that they sounded really good (not that I'm a good judge, having only seen them twice). But the setlist lacked fluidity and cohesion for me.

As for it being fitting for the Richmond crowd... probably. We Richmond-er's are just happy to have a music venue so we're easy to please!!! :)

dark star>

after midnight

playin in the band

alligator

drums/space

st stephen

alligator

dark star v2

attics

throwing stones

touch of grey

encore:

sisters and brothers

I sure as hell wish i was there. I could get to the X factor on that one for sure. Sounds like one long jam and those songs my friend are SICK!!! :o

Guest Rob Eaton

Set #1:

Not Fade Away->

Love Each Other

Lazy Lightning->

Supplication

Mission in the Rain

Mama Tried->

Jack a Roe

Blow Away

Brother Esau

Browneyed Women

Music Never Stopped

Set #2:

Dark Star->

After Midnight->

Dark Star->

Playin' in the Band->

Alligator->

Drums->Space->

St Stephen->

Alligator->

St Stephen->

Attics of my Life->

Throwing Stones->

Touch of Grey

Encore:

Sisters and Brothers

Personally I really enjoyed the show........ Not knowing where we are going is more fun for me then knowing where we are going........

everyone has different itches. im somewhat picky in terms of dso, but its because their repertoire is so wide i feel like or expect to hear everything. Mission in the Rain is a track I have been waiting to hear for a long time. I guess now i can cross it off my list. Blow away was the highlight of the night for me, though. I didn't have the priviledge of seeing Scott before he passed, but Baracco is something else. At times when I am watching the show, I wonder to myself if theres a dead song out there that baracco doesnt enjoy. I think its safe to say he is in his element and has become a permanant fixture in this band. I was so impressed by Baracco's brent-ness that I threw on the built to last album on the drive back to c-ville to hear how dead on he was.

norva show was outstanding last thursday and I will give Senator Eaton the benefit of the doubt on last night's richmond show. The band has more than earned their right to wing it every once in awhile.

• Forum MVP
Set #1:

Not Fade Away->

Love Each Other

Lazy Lightning->

Supplication

Mission in the Rain

Mama Tried->

Jack a Roe

Blow Away

Brother Esau

Browneyed Women

Music Never Stopped

Set #2:

Dark Star->

After Midnight->

Dark Star->

Playin' in the Band->

Alligator->

Drums->Space->

St Stephen->

Alligator->

St Stephen->

Attics of my Life->

Throwing Stones->

Touch of Grey

Encore:

Sisters and Brothers

Personally I really enjoyed the show........ Not knowing where we are going is more fun for me then knowing where we are going........

If the VA fans are proving to hard to please, I'm sure you can find some north east heads that would gladly take an original, excluding esau...

Guest crazy digits
everyone has different itches. im somewhat picky in terms of dso, but its because their repertoire is so wide i feel like or expect to hear everything. Mission in the Rain is a track I have been waiting to hear for a long time. I guess now i can cross it off my list. Blow away was the highlight of the night for me, though. I didn't have the priviledge of seeing Scott before he passed, but Baracco is something else. At times when I am watching the show, I wonder to myself if theres a dead song out there that baracco doesnt enjoy. I think its safe to say he is in his element and has become a permanant fixture in this band. I was so impressed by Baracco's brent-ness that I threw on the built to last album on the drive back to c-ville to hear how dead on he was.

norva show was outstanding last thursday and I will give Senator Eaton the benefit of the doubt on last night's richmond show. The band has more than earned their right to wing it every once in awhile.

First > I thought the show looked solid from start to finish and wished I could have been part of it.

Second > Get yourself a copy of one of Scott's Blow Aways when he was with the band...you'll enjoy it just the same. Peace.

Sorry folks, but I like the recreated shows better. I know I'm in the minority, but so be it. However, I'll take what I can get and I am very, very thankful to have this band "out there" touring for all of us to enjoy!!! I'm hoping to get at least 40 more years out of this band. That'll put me at 81 and maybe then I'll be ready to hang up my dancing shoes. Give me this setlist in Roanoke tomorrow night and I'll never say another word about originals.

Iko Iko

Jack Straw

Bertha

Greatest Story

Big Railroad Blues

Big River

Brown Eyed Women

Lazy Lightning

Supplication

Shakedown Street

China Cat

Rider

Scarlet

Fire

Estimated

Eyes

Women R.

Casey Jones

Playin'

drums

space

Wheel

Viola Lee

Sugar Mag

Not Fade Away

Encore: Whatever you'd like to play :wub:

P.S. Love you guy's :D

• Forum MVP
Set #1:

Not Fade Away->

Love Each Other

Lazy Lightning->

Supplication

Mission in the Rain

Mama Tried->

Jack a Roe

Blow Away

Brother Esau

Browneyed Women

Music Never Stopped

Set #2:

Dark Star->

After Midnight->

Dark Star->

Playin' in the Band->

Alligator->

Drums->Space->

St Stephen->

Alligator->

St Stephen->

Attics of my Life->

Throwing Stones->

Touch of Grey

Encore:

Sisters and Brothers

Look at all those transitions in the second set. I wasn't there and I am not trying to disagree with those who were there, but to me, that set list looks like an awful good time. T.Stones into Foolish seems like it would work too (although, dso has probably done that already--think the boys did it once).

On a side note, I remember seeing a set list of a show that opened with a NFA>Sugaree and realizing for the first time that not fade WAS Bob tune. I had always thought of it as a Garcia tune till that fateful day in 10th grade under the stairs by the cafeteria. I remember feeling the worse off for it.

Set #1:

Not Fade Away->

Love Each Other

Lazy Lightning->

Supplication

Mission in the Rain

Mama Tried->

Jack a Roe

Blow Away

Brother Esau

Browneyed Women

Music Never Stopped

Set #2:

Dark Star->

After Midnight->

Dark Star->

Playin' in the Band->

Alligator->

Drums->Space->

St Stephen->

Alligator->

St Stephen->

Attics of my Life->

Throwing Stones->

Touch of Grey

Encore:

Sisters and Brothers

The show was amazing!!! I just want to say thanks guys you never let me down, great setlist...The radiators were off the hook, it was graet to be in the front the entire time...the venue was cool the vibes were great, except for this girl next to me decided to jump on stage and stage dive which is really disrespectful to the band, I could tell john was pisssed. Thanks for a real good time:)

p.s thanks john for the picture it was good to see you and the picture turned out great :)

ugh, that show looks great, I wish I could be at so many more than I am!!! Everyone looks at a show differently as we've said before some of it depends on where your head is at, we all remember walking out of a show thinking something completely different than what is being voiced by the person next to us.

But I've gotta say I think we're pretty damn lucky to hear what we hear, just wish I could hear more!!!

smiles, May still seems far away. :(

Emma

Set #1:

Not Fade Away->

Love Each Other

Lazy Lightning->

Supplication

Mission in the Rain

Mama Tried->

Jack a Roe

Blow Away

Brother Esau

Browneyed Women

Music Never Stopped

Set #2:

Dark Star->

After Midnight->

Dark Star->

Playin' in the Band->

Alligator->

Drums->Space->

St Stephen->

Alligator->

St Stephen->

Attics of my Life->

Throwing Stones->

Touch of Grey

Encore:

Sisters and Brothers

Hell yes!

I'll go with a question mark over a period anyday! Set looks awesome! Save one of those for the Great American!

peace,

Sonomajon

Set #1:

Not Fade Away->

Love Each Other

Lazy Lightning->

Supplication

Mission in the Rain

Mama Tried->

Jack a Roe

Blow Away

Brother Esau

Browneyed Women

Music Never Stopped

Set #2:

Dark Star->

After Midnight->

Dark Star->

Playin' in the Band->

Alligator->

Drums->Space->

St Stephen->

Alligator->

St Stephen->

Attics of my Life->

Throwing Stones->

Touch of Grey

Encore:

Sisters and Brothers

"Gone are the days we stopped to decide....where we should go....we just ride"

Archived