Roanoke 2/27

HaveYouEverSmoked

06-19-76 Capitol Theatre, Passaic, N.J.

1: Help> Slipknot> Franklin's> Music, B. E. Women, Cassidy, TLEO, L. L. Rain, Tennessee Jed, Playin

2: Might As Well, Samson, High Time, Let It Grow> Drums> Let It Grow> Dancin> Cosmic Charlie, Around> GDTRFB> Saturday Night E: NFA

filler (w/chopper): masterpiece, good lovin

great set!!

what were the high lights?

i really dig cosmic charlie, and GDTRFB, and what a great open and close for the first set...

this set is just really good, 1976 is pretty genius work..! B)

im bummed i keep missing all these good shows..!!

I could never get tired of hearing Senator Eaton on LLR. it was that good. he was outdone in the 2nd set though when i heard the first notes of high time. i have been waiting awhile to hear that one and it did not disappoint. decided to go to this show at the very last minute after i was able to cram out a history paper. the whole drive down i was hoping it would be a late 80's or an early 90's based on hearing the 77 show last thursday in norfolk. its hard to be a critic after a show like last night. i heard a ton of repeats over the 3 shows i went to over the last week (too many to name) but its hard to fault the band because they are playing the songs so well. having the luxury of being from the northeast, i know there will be plenty of opportunities for an SOTM, Days between, so many roads, but its hard to beat that high time.

oh yea...i wouldnt want to leave out the fact that 2 girls attempted to dance on stage last night. sort of funny to see baracco and john's reactions to her being taken off stage and back behind. i have never understood stage seekers. when the filler came around last night i was hoping for the outside chance rob would play LLR again but no such luck. settled for warren haynes on masterpiece and good lovin instead.

I saw DSO recreate this wonderful show in Worcester, MA a few years back.

It's a classic.

I remember the band walked on stage all smiling,

I imagined they, too, knew that they were going to play a real smoker.

The opening Help/Slip/Frankin's/Music was really special.

The encore NFA was also amazing!

Hope all who saw the most recent recreation enjoyed how amazing DSO is!

Archived