Atlanta 3/1/08

• Forum MVP

I've contemplated weighing in on this topic for a while and have decided the time is right. First, and foremost, DSO isn't going anywhere. We have made a conscious decision to play less shows(maybe 15) a year in order to get more down time to be with our loved ones and pursue other activities. I don't think Rob E. was intimating his or the bands demise. He was just relating his frustrations after being on the road for five and a half weeks!! We all hit the wall. Maybe the reason we were able to cope was having Dan Healy out there with us, but, who am I to speak for anyone else! Second, as has been stated, you can't please everyone all the time. We play our hearts out every night with no exception. This is our lives, what we were born to do.

We will continue to pursue our collective muses every time we plant ourselves on a stage. The elective set lists are a challenge because they are made up on the spot and we try to keep it fresh for ourselves. As Phil taught me, it's not about the list, it's the journey. There were times, when I looked at the set list for the evening when I played with the Q, that I would moan thinking what a snooze fest! Then, lo and behold, we would play a smoking night of music. That's the beauty of it- you never know!!!!

We are grateful for you all having faith and joining us on this journey and I promise you will always get all we have!

Love and peace, Rob Barraco

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Rob, love the feedback and your commitment to the cause. You guys never mail it in and always bring your A game and that's part of what makes it so much fun.

Now only 15 shows/yr... we'll have to work on that one :)

Looking forward to having you on the West Coast this Spring!!

First, and foremost, DSO isn't going anywhere. ... ...This is our lives, what we were born to do...

I cannot tell you how happy these statements make us.

Between this post and the posts about Dan Healy from Dino and RB over on the DH thread, we are fighting off our own exhaustion with a big fat smile. So thanks for yet another one (smile).

:cheers:

B)

Guest Rob Eaton

I agree with Rob that DSO is not going anywhere.... If I do move on from DSO, the band would continue. It's bigger then any one person. I'm sure whatever the future holds for me, the band will continue....

IMHO, those would be some big shoes to fill. I've seen everybody who filled the Weir spot in this band and there really is no comparison.

I could not agree with you more, sir. I have seen 4 people play that spot in this band and imo there is NO comparison. (with all due respect)

Rob was all smiles during the end of Truckin' at Langerado.

img2741dc8.jpg

This road rash is dated but discusses:

http://www.darkstarorchestra.net/rrp787.htm

Hello to All, It is such a great pleasure to be a part of this community. To think that the band actually gives a damn about

what we think is quite shocking. Enjoy this trip while we can folks, we all know by now how quickly things can change.

I think most of us believe that what goes around comes around, so be kind to everyone you meet, you never know who

they might really be......

Peace from Virginia..... :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Oh DSO is definitely going SOMEwhere!! ...and I hope I can be there as frequently as possible!!

:D tee hee

Plus Eaton, if you do leave, we'll track you down and pig pile your ass. Period!

...and yeah! Ditto!

IMHO, those would be some big shoes to fill. I've seen everybody who filled the Weir spot in this band and there really is no comparison.

So have I and other than Weir himself there is no one I'd rather have up there.

Guest rowjimmy
I promise you will always get all we have!

Love and peace, Rob Barraco

Never a doubt. Save a couple of seats on the bus for us.

Peace

Guest rowjimmy
I figured it meant we'd all just take ski lessons.

I'll be in the lodge waiting for Rob E. to come off the slopes for his acoustic set....:)

Guest Dusty

Um, this talk disturbs me. Please, no offense to any of the band or fans. I don't know DarkStar Orchestra outside of this line up (aside from the samich man). For Rob to leave, imo, marks the beginning of the end. Not even Weir (yeah I said it) can fill what would be a huge hole on stage, atleast for me. This is the DarkStar Orchestra I know. This is the band I fell in love with in Philly 2002. This is the band I traveled countless hours to experience.

If that special something is pulling on your spirit, Rob, then follow it and never look back. I'm sure you have very few regrets (if any) in life, and you know what's best for you. Just know this; in my eyes you are the glue. You, Rob, put the E in OrchEstra. Right in the middle holding it all together. Without you, It's just Dark Star. Will I go check them out? Yup. Will the tunes tickle my drums? Absolutely. Will I have fun? I always do. Will it be the same? No, it won't.

If I knew the way...

Archived