Freebird 3-4-08

chuckvegas

VERY enjoyable show!

Before the first tune was played, I said to my daughter "I will be the happiest guy on earth if they play 'Birdsong.' Well, they did a very nice version just 7 songs in... :-)

For what I saw, the highlight for me was 'Greatest Story.' John was really feeling it and then Lisa just lifted off! THAT alone was worth the price of admission... :-)

Of course, they always also seem to do a great version of 'Rose' too.

Unfortunately, we had to leave during 'Attics' ... :-(

Having seen Bobby in town just a few months ago, it's scarey how Eaton's vocal phrasing channel's him... :-0

It goes w/o saying that the band has taken it to a whole new level w/ Mr. RB. If there is a 'better' keys man on the planet, I have yet to see/hear him... ;-)

Fun to talk to Mr. Healy too - nice guy!

Footnote - some poor fellow keeled straight over right next to us upstairs out on the balcony - went out like a light! Appeared to be convulsing on the floor as he came out of it. His buddies drug him off. Hope he was OK...

• Forum MVP

1: Morning Dew, BIODTL, FOTD, B. T. Wind, Tennessee Jed, Mexicali, Bird Song, Big River, Brokedown, El Paso, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Playin

2: He's Gone, Me & My Uncle, Deal, Greatest, Ramble On, Dark Star> Cumberland, Attics, Promised, Uncle John, Casey Jones E: Around

incredible

This show was top of the line, I'd say one of the 3-5 best of the several dozen DSO concerts I've seen. The setlist was great, the band poured their hearts out, and the songs carried the crowd's emotions from gut-wrenching joy to exhilarated and beyond. Wow.

I had never heard a Europe '72 style 'Greatest' live, would have to say that was the highlight for me. Electric!

Guest crazy digits
being there for the filler alone would have been worth it in my book and I can only imagine how heartfelt and emotional it was.

Only 2 shows left!!!

Safe travels to everyone

ditto.....remember bethlehem?

ditto.....remember bethlehem?

Oh do I remember Bethlehem????? One of my favorite memories of summer!!!! What a great show. We got Sing me back home and Sisters and Brothers!

Would love another show at Zoellner ...or State Theatre in Easton wouldn't be a bad place either ( I've heard a good story or two from that town ;) !)

• Forum MVP
Oh do I remember Bethlehem????? One of my favorite memories of summer!!!! What a great show. We got Sing me back home and Sisters and Brothers!

Would love another show at Zoellner ...or State Theatre in Easton wouldn't be a bad place either ( I've heard a good story or two from that town ;) !)

ANDDD a Let it Rock, Lisa

that was my highlight that night!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived