1st Night Boulder

Guest captain420

Guest captain420

jfolks/khampson called me during setbreak to tell me the good news...

I was hoping to catch a Queen Jane...Easy To Love You (last time played was on my BD at the norva 5/22/07), Stranger and a Foolish! nuts!

Save a rockin' Bertha for Saturday :icon14:

04/02/90

The Omni - Atlanta, GA

Set 1:

Feel Like A Stranger

Mississippi Half-Step

The Weight

Queen Jane Approximately

Easy To Love You

Brown-Eyed Women

Let It Grow

Set 2:

Foolish Heart

Looks Like Rain

He's Gone

This Could Be The Last Time

Drums

The Other One

Death Don't Have No Mercy

Around And Around

Good Lovin'

Encore:

Black Muddy River

Kewl!! I was at the original so, so many moons ago. The only time I ever got to do a 3 night stand in a city or 3 shows in a row for that matter. Great times fo' sure and three great shows. It was the last time I got to see Brent do his thing :(. Have a great time at the show's everyone. :headbang:

• Forum MVP

whoa!! this is one of my favorite shows of 1990 w/o a doubt.

Death Don't !!!! & Black Muddy River! seems like this one needs to be played more!

Stranger, Half Step, The Weight....not a bad opener ...~!~!

d.stone still making that point - it is not that it lacked magic, the rotation was off, that is all

and the 1/2 step > weight transition was sooooo smooth...weight was so new and fresh, no one had heard on tape and it just flowed out of the 1/2 step (which is a perfect song in the South)

be women > grow is sick by the way

and the Last Time - pre-drums

AND 2nd to last around > good lovin of all time

• Forum MVP
d.stone still making that point - it is not that it lacked magic, the rotation was off, that is all

and the 1/2 step > weight transition was sooooo smooth...weight was so new and fresh, no one had heard on tape and it just flowed out of the 1/2 step (which is a perfect song in the South)

be women > grow is sick by the way

and the Last Time - pre-drums

AND 2nd to last around > good lovin of all time

Don't get me wrong, I love this show. The best opener of the year--along with Shorline's LTGTR>Truckin>Touch. I just wish they had stuck with the original order of those lyrics because they were perfect (other than letting Garcia sing the thing). Additionally, I am under this delusion that we might have gotten at least one more death, probably at Tinley, if they had done it the right way on this night at Omni.

Archived