Sugar Magnolia

Eyes Of The World

Stella Blue

Sunshine Daydream

Encore:

Johnny B. Goode

Filler: And it stoned me

Guest iceburg

Man, That was a good show. Might as Well is such a builder song. It started off a bit slow. Everyone trying to catch the groove. Then each time the chorus hit the energy seemed to double. We were launched and right up to altitude at that point. The first set really jamed a lot for a first set. Cassidy, Big River, Scarlet were fantastic. Promised Land was a great high energy closer.

The second set was right up there too. St. Stephen, Dancin', Samson - peak. Sugar Mag, Eyes, Stella, SSDD, then Johnny B. Good. Love those rockers.

Loved the filler too.

Yumm. Better than fresh seal.

ok after a full day of traveling obstacles, I'm home and still smiling! it was truly a magical show last night...the music really was playing the band. the energy was outstanding both on and off the stage....it was wonderful to dance with so many friends and meet a few more folks :)

When I first saw the venue, i wasn't quite sure how it was going to work out....it seemed like it would get way too packed with such a small dance floor up front, but it worked out very well.

I would put this show in my top 5 (which is really more like 25 shows, but you get the point). I think the sugaree might be the best one I've heard....I'd have to hear the one from the Fillmore again, but wow! The sugar mags was one of the best too. And it was nice being right in front of the speakers for stella to drown out any talkers!

Thank you Jordan for twisting my arm :) (it twists very easily most of the time). It was worth every penny and every second of airport aggravations!

Good to see everyone!

xoxo,

Lis

Guest captain420

The show was sick, I could tell it was this show off the bat, but couldn't remember the details.

The altitude/beers (F.Y.I.P.A)/lack of sleep got to me this night, after I started dancing I started getting light headed and soon my entire vision was black and sound was distorted, someone near me said something to me, but it was just jargon to my ears...it was sort of psychedelic with some colors and disorientation, I did not ingest anything this night..I stumbled and fell down and had to stay seated the rest of the show, my energy was Zapped right out of me...excellent show from what I remember. Would like to get a copy of this one to refresh myself. Second set was a blur to me...strange incident.

This happened to me last time in Boulder nye 2005, I had to sit down for 10 min...same thing but not quite as bad..I had plenty of water also.

I got offered so many bottles/cups of water it was ridiculous, many kind people at the shows. :D

Tom told me there was a 'Montana' played pre-show on the PA, but I was out in the lines..thanks! ;)

Foege, thanks for everything and the great hospitality...

james, it is always a pleasure... that chili was excellent!

Kirt, where the **** were you?

Tom/Nicole, thanks for the help and a kind smile.

Gary/Connie, nice to see you all again, till next time..

Stillkickin, nice to have met you, great guy who cares about the music, hope to see you again.

Charles from Oregon, I believe I didn't get the pleasure of meeting you unfortunately....someday.

The show was sick, I could tell it was this show off the bat, but couldn't remember the details.

The altitude/beers (F.Y.I.P.A)/lack of sleep got to me this night, after I started dancing I started getting light headed and soon my entire vision was black and sound was distorted, someone near me said something to me, but it was just jargon to my ears...it was sort of psychedelic with some colors and disorientation, I did not ingest anything this night..I stumbled and fell down and had to stay seated the rest of the show, my energy was Zapped right out of me...excellent show from what I remember. Would like to get a copy of this one to refresh myself. Second set was a blur to me...strange incident.

This happened to me last time in Boulder nye 2005, I had to sit down for 10 min...same thing but not quite as bad..I had plenty of water also.

I got offered so many bottles/cups of water it was ridiculous, many kind people at the shows. :D

Tom told me there was a 'Montana' played pre-show on the PA, but I was out in the lines..thanks! ;)

Stillkickin, nice to have met you, great guy who cares about the music, hope to see you again.

Charles from Oregon, I believe I didn't get the pleasure of meeting you unfortunately....someday.

that same thing happened to me the first night of the denver shows last year

way too much energy, i had to sit down, because it was so damn hott...

i missed CC>IKYR

but it was ok, because it was probably the best show ive ever seeen...

just know youre not alone, it happens to all of us! :)

• Forum MVP

james, it is always a pleasure... that chili was excellent!

Kirt, where the **** were you?

Tom/Nicole, thanks for the help and a kind smile.

Gary/Connie, nice to see you all again, till next time..

I had the same thing happen to me in Oakland (12-29-88), spent the whole first set sitting on the floor because I could not stand.

• Forum MVP

Don't sweat it Mase.I know some guy who organized a pre-show party at a Portuguese resturaunt,proceded to indulge in way too much Sangria,(among other things)arrived at the show took one step out of the car, and passed out in the freezing cold for the whole first set.Then he got into The Starland and thought Rob Halford was on stage with his motorcycle.Now thats a bad trip.

• Forum MVP

this one time on dead tour...

Giant Stadium 93(?), i was without a ticket and a buzz. right as the show was starting i got a ticket. i got so excited, i ran back to my car to get a quick buzz on - lots o beers, lots o green, and a hot day.

i run into the show and hear the end of the first song, Bertha. The next thing i know, someone is tapping me saying 'wake up, show's over, time to go'. i open my eyes and i'm laying in the the medical ward under the stadium.

to this day, i have not even a clue about how i wound up there or what happened to me. i stopped drinking alcohol at dead shows after that.

Mason, I have learned the hard way that Alc/herb/and dancing is recipe for passing out. The Alc is not going to help anyone have a higher experience, its the opposite. Some might find this to be my opinion, but they are foolin themselves into thinking that drunk is high, its LOW. Dancing is the ultimate high. treat the show like its church. The Grateful Dead is the divine. Its all we need. Take this experience very serious so you never have to be missing a DSO show again. We as deadheads all need to take this whole thing a step higher every time. Denver sounded fun, it felt sacreligious leavin town the night of a show but the Boulder run was so much fun, beyond words really..peace ya all and many thanks to the band and the dancers.

Guest Charles from Oregon

Of the 4 shows I went to this was definately overall my favorite one. The first set of 4/20 was fun cause I love Big Iron, and all the boot scooting stuff they played. Fun meeting Jordan, Gary and his wife Connie (if I remember) and seeing Looky again. I think I actually met Row Jimmy 2 times, first night of the 4 I went to, was a little blurry for me, but I rallied for the 1st night of Denver. I'm glad I finally got to meet Chuck Vegas too, I think a lot of people envy how many shows he goes to a year, but he deserves every note, I could tell from how sweaty he was after the show. Also enjoyed talking to John after a few of the shows, he seems to be down to earth and a very nice guy. Man can he play!! Those sugaree's were absolutely incredible! Looking forward to Portland shows, should be well rested and ready to rock! Thanks again for all, you guys and girls do, and how could I forget Lisa, Your voice is awesome, I love it when your on stage belting it out, no doubt about it you are the best!!

Love and Peace,

Charles

Guest captain420
Mason, I have learned the hard way that Alc/herb/and dancing is recipe for passing out. The Alc is not going to help anyone have a higher experience, its the opposite. Some might find this to be my opinion, but they are foolin themselves into thinking that drunk is high, its LOW. Dancing is the ultimate high. treat the show like its church. The Grateful Dead is the divine. Its all we need. Take this experience very serious so you never have to be missing a DSO show again. We as deadheads all need to take this whole thing a step higher every time. Denver sounded fun, it felt sacreligious leavin town the night of a show but the Boulder run was so much fun, beyond words really..peace ya all and many thanks to the band and the dancers.

You are right...I planned on not drinking and I didn't at the show, but the damn Mountain Sun is in Boulder so I had to stop by and have a few of their epic brews before the show. And also just catching 1 show and 1 day in Denver/Boulder, you make it worth it..that's what I thought anyway...

I didn't "pass out" in the general term like sleep, but more my body was zapped of energy and I couldn't recuperate from the loss of energy....it was a seriously intense experience that I do not wish on anyone...what a bummer to have that happen at a show, especially the only one I get to see in awhile!!!WTF?

I have thought to seriously not drink anymore at shows..because yes, dancing gets you high and so does the herb.

Hell, I have really want to not drink alcohol anymore, (not just to save $) I know the dangers of putting this toxic substance in my body (and the effects it leaves on my body in the morning and lack of good sleep), but I drink those tasty brews anyway!!! Maybe this summer I can lean towards sobriety more often, the Montana trip should be quite a learning experience and I hope to explore many other avenues. Getting down to the wiring of things....

Archived